What did you buy your ebike this week?

irie

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
May 2, 2022
Chichester, W.Sussex, UK
Just received these, will fit them this afternoon.

20221012_105524~2.jpg

irie

Subscriber
May 2, 2022
Chichester, W.Sussex, UK
Forgot to say, after a recent face plant* while hopping around I decided to buy a full face. So I bought a white Dainese Linea 01, visor is as ugly as f**k but helmet is very light and comfortable with superb ventilation.

* luckily didn't fracture my chin and I think my right hand perhaps has a broken small bone but medical wife says nothing can be done about it so not stopping riding.

20221012_130426.jpg

JP-NZ

E*POWAH Elite
Feb 17, 2022
Christchurch - New Zealand
I bought a new XT rear mech to replace the one that I ripped in half while riding yesterday (a fallen tree branch kicked up and jammed in the cage). 🙄
Lucky you! Tried to buy one here in New Zealand and got told to get in line. No 12 Speed shimano rear mechs in the country till march 2023!!

If our dollar hadn't fallen away to nothing I'd look at importing one

RustyMTB

Jul 22, 2020
UK
Bought this chain as I had a bit of slipping on trail last week. I realised the bike wasn't shifting to the granny gear & tuned the barrel adjuster to correct it & it's working fine now, so on to the chain checker & it's still under 0.5 after 1300 miles. That is remarkable resillience out of the original factory fitted chain.

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
I've tried to hold off buying anything new for a while, with the theory of adapting to what I have.

That's gone out the window lately with a new saddle and various bits. Saw this the other week and had to give it a go. After having a saddle which automatically changes angles on the Kenevo for years, this looked great and also means you can tilt it forwards for climbing rather than wedging the point up your arse.

The Switchgrade !

1665676432123.png

Not sure when it's going to go on the bike, at the moment I'm just stroking it and playing with the mechanism .. it's lovely ! Stunningly made, almost too nice for an idiot like me to abuse ...

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
You can read French?!? Or can anyone do it if they just twist their mustache. Oh wow mustache is a French word look I’m doing it already.
Ok, every credit, you're progressing...

In this case you're getting confused between what you read/spell and what you hear ..

Moustache - A hairy thing some men (and some ladies) grow over their top lip.

I think this time you're trying to say Moosetach, which is more related to choice and technique ......

Jurassic

Subscriber
Jul 22, 2022
Helensburgh, Scotland.
I just got an SKS Mudrocker rear mudguard to help keep the winter crap off me and my bike. I got it after a recommendation on here and as a Mudhugger, RRP and Zefal mudguard user can say that the thought that has gone into this thing is next level. It comes with extensions to protect the linkages and rear of the motor (which I've used) and to lengthen and broaden it at the rear (which I haven't bothered with for now at least). The whole thing attached with Velcro straps and is rock solid but really quick to remove for summer or if you want to make your bike look less ugly!
I also got a Tannus tubeless insert to go in my rear Conti Kryptotal, it was a bit of a fight to fit but not too bad.

Defmech

May 3, 2022
Glasgow, Scotland
Forgot to say, after a recent face plant* while hopping around I decided to buy a full face. So I bought a white Dainese Linea 01, visor is as ugly as f**k but helmet is very light and comfortable with superb ventilation.

* luckily didn't fracture my chin and I think my right hand perhaps has a broken small bone but medical wife says nothing can be done about it so not stopping riding.

View attachment 99115
Stormtrooper vibes. 👍🏻

Jurassic

Subscriber
Jul 22, 2022
Helensburgh, Scotland.
New valves (Peaty's - Matte Mango), sealant (Peaty's) and rear tyre (Kryptotal Enduro - Soft). View attachment 99419 View attachment 99420
Hope you like the Kryptotal, I've been quite pleased with mine so far (ridden one day off piste at Glentress and one day local Helensburgh swamps)! Definitely way better than the High Roller that came on my bike.

Expidia

Subscriber
Jun 27, 2022
Capital Region, New York
Well, I finally had to upgrade and spring for a better saddle. Kinda ticks be off as I purposely bought a Trek Powerfly "Equipped" version which supposedly had upgraded components yet came with a cheapo $52 saddle which was driving me crazy with it's creeking sounds no matter how tight the screws were.

Hopefully this Ergon Prime Core model, made in Germany instead of China, will give me more comfort and a quieter ride.

Screen Shot 2022-10-16 at 7.10.03 AM.png

irie

Subscriber
May 2, 2022
Chichester, W.Sussex, UK
Well, I finally had to upgrade and spring for a better saddle. Kinda ticks be off as I purposely bought a Trek Powerfly "Equipped" version which supposedly had upgraded components yet came with a cheapo $52 saddle which was driving me crazy with it's creeking sounds no matter how tight the screws were.

Hopefully this Ergon Prime Core model, made in Germany instead of China, will give me more comfort and a quieter ride.

View attachment 99427
Some like this saddle, some don't. I do.

KnollyBro

E*POWAH Elite
Dec 3, 2020
Vancouver
Like that dude that put ENVE stickers on his rims because ‘it looked cool’.

I don't see an issue with that as long as they are not sold as ENVE wheels. If you can't be good, you can always look good! Besides, my color scheme matches my Feng Shui :cool: . I had the motor replaced this week. Feels and sounds like the original one but lacks the 2mm play in the BB.

KSL 1.jpg

KnollyBro

E*POWAH Elite
Dec 3, 2020
Vancouver
Bro. When you can ride like you do you can put Ferrari stickers on a lada and crush it.
Thanks! I ride better when I ride with @Crash Logan as I know she has my back. She thinks I have a death wish but keeps asking me to update my Will :unsure: . When I picked up my KSL after getting the motor replaced, it took the guys 10 minutes to find it (big store and different staff on the weekend at the LBS)!

Expidia

Subscriber
Jun 27, 2022
Capital Region, New York
Heard about this $9 Bosch battery connection cover when I was watching a Youtube ebike review. I've always said Trek should make a dummy battery cover to keep the battery compartment dry when trailering without a battery.
This plastic cover looks to be the next best thing. I don't trailer with the battery in place for fear of it being stolen or dropping out on the road. Also no battery makes my 58 lb bike lighter when picking it up to place in the rack.
Amazon had only 1 left in stock, but I'm sure they will get more stock in.

Says it fits most any Bosch battery connection as they are (mostly) all the same.
Ebay shows a few listings for these covers too.

Screen Shot 2022-10-17 at 7.57.45 AM.png

BeBiker

Aug 26, 2020
Belgium
I also have this cover, but now also need one for the battery side connector.
When carrying a spare battery in the backpack.

Last edited:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles