What did you buy your ebike this week?

irie

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
May 2, 2022
Chichester, W.Sussex, UK
Finally got pissed off with my (Megneg'd) Rockshox Deluxe Select + leaking air so bought this kit. Needs a service anyway.

20221017_185503.jpg

Morton027

Jun 3, 2019
Worcestershire
The new Bosch Smartphone Grip, which just clips onto the mount for the Kiox 300 display. Gives an (excessively!) large ride screen, a decent sized map screen, wireless phone charging and a micro usb charging port. Only just fitted it, not used it in anger yet. Not designed for serious trails / drops but fine for my XC type of use.
View attachment 88875 View attachment 88876 View attachment 88877 View attachment 88878

How have you found it performs? Does it hold the phone securely on bridleways / light cross country riding?

Ballantin

Oct 12, 2022
Milton Keynes, UK
This week has been good for my bike:
- Rear mudguard, specific for my G3 Levo
- MRP Ramp Control
- Waiting on a new bash guard that will be released tomorrow for the Levo G3 (Protect-emtb).

Justinitus

Feb 15, 2022
Wiltshire UK
How have you found it performs? Does it hold the phone securely on bridleways / light cross country riding?
Yes I’ve been pleased with it, holds the phone really securely - phone doesn’t move or rattle one bit. As long as the phone case isn’t too bulky it fits in the clamp arms snugly. used With an iPhone XR and more recently a 13 Mini.

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
M8100 XT cassette 12 speed 10-51t from OnBuy.com £151.92 del

The current cassette will not run with a new chain, so I have joined two old chains together. It runs fine now, but for how long? :unsure:

27.5x2.6 WTB TCS Fast TriTec E25 from CRC £31.99 del.

I was on hols in Wales with my daughter's family last week and I let my 15-year-old grandson borrow my emtb for "a couple of goes". He did 18 miles up and down the steep tarmac hills and stripped almost all of the centre knobs from the rear tyre. I told him not to use Boost and he says he didn't, but I don't believe him because the evidence is in the battery drain! :whistle:

Ah well, he's only young once!

CJaMTB

May 9, 2020
Dartmoor
Nice new set of Michelins, for winter, which I then took out for a good thrash round the local. Climbing grip from the DH34 is insane!!! Despite the greasy mud and roots, not a single slip on the way up, even on more tech stuff too. On the way back down though, there was plenty of control, but still enough slide to make things fun. A bit trepidatious to start off with, as I've not ridden Michelin before, but I'm looking forward to some more rides with these boots on. Rolling resistance was horrendous though! 😂
20221023_115240.jpg

Dickgam

Aug 24, 2022
Middlesbrough
An old roadie mate used to do the same. He'd done it since the 60s so I suspect it's almost as old an idea as the waterbottle and cage itself.

There are far better solutions today for not a lot of dosh.

LifeLine Zip Up Tool Stash | Chain Reaction Cycles

Same product is available on ebay for about £3.50 if you can wait for delivery from China
Look on a website called Planet X, they sell them, some times for £0.99P. I have a few, ideal for small pump, tube etc.

Alain78

Nov 2, 2020
France
168 / 5 000

Résultats de traduction​

star_border
I have the valves you bought on my vttae, they are really great, high flow and they no longer stick with the tubeless product, I'm really happy with them.

Stihldog

Handheld Power Tool
Subscriber
Jun 10, 2020
Coquitlam, BC
168 / 5 000

Résultats de traduction​

star_border
I have the valves you bought on my vttae, they are really great, high flow and they no longer stick with the tubeless product, I'm really happy with them.
Good to hear. I just ordered a 2-pac of 100mm syringe’s and hose to make this sealant process a little easier. My first attempt was a little messy(without syringe) but I eventually got 90ml+/- in the tire. My previous valves were completely gummed-up. They didn’t leak air but I couldn’t add air either. These new Filmore valves might be the answer. 👍🏻

Last edited:

Stihldog

Handheld Power Tool
Subscriber
Jun 10, 2020
Coquitlam, BC
This is Luke guarding my new valves. Inserting sealant requires a syringe.
View attachment 100037
Possible misunderstanding (my apologies). Before my inbox fills up with hate mail or I get ignored and banned. I meant the tires…not the dog. Sealant for the tires only! (Not the dog!)
I was wondering why Luke was giving me a strange look? I must say that he is very helpful around the garage/shop … holds down the work mat, inspects any new bike parts, picks up biscuit crumbs, warning barks, etc…
002D11BA-BB86-4CC1-9603-7505AE60BBFE.jpeg

No need to worry buddy…

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles