What did you buy your ebike this week?

Rickster

Subscriber
Feb 19, 2022
Ok BC Canada
Yet another piece of the puzzle 190’s 😉😎

C6E66B6C-4E5C-453D-AF1A-AF2F95498D09.jpeg 593BBE9F-C2E4-461D-878D-85BF11482BFB.jpeg

KnollyBro

E*POWAH Elite
Dec 3, 2020
Vancouver
I really like their E-bike specific bars, I’m running them on my regular bikes too. They’re super compliant and I need all the help I can get with my bad wrist.
I hear you (I have bad wrists as well) and I considered them but even tho OneUp is based in Squamish and we know the owners, when something is sold out, they are sold out!

AOE4

Oct 30, 2022
idaho
Fork service on my Fox 34. 1000 mile routine service . Hey..... How many people neglect servicing there fork? 😬Gotta take care of my wife's bike

RustyIron

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
Jun 5, 2021
La Habra, California
Fork service on my Fox 34. 1000 mile routine service . Hey..... How many people neglect servicing there fork? 😬

Just did mine on Friday, and got two rides this weekend. I had 954 miles on the fork. This time I used some RWC foam rings and SKF seals. You know what? The feel of the stiction seems to be much less--when tested by hand with none of the internals installed. I can't say that the on-trail performance is better, but at least the new seals LOOK cool.

Jurassic

Subscriber
Jul 22, 2022
Helensburgh, Scotland.
Swaped 20 to 35 mm rise carbon bar

View attachment 100462
I hope that it works for you. I swapped the 20mm rise bar on my bike for a 38mm rise in an attempt to take some weight off my wrists in non technical riding situations however I found that I kept losing the front wheel on technical terrain (as I didn't have enough weight over it I assume). I ended up going back to the 20mm rise bar and it's much better. My wrists still get a bit sore on longer road or fire road sections but I'd rather have that and maintain my bike's handling on steeper, techy stuff.

Ou812

Jun 26, 2022
Fort William
After years of washing my bike in the garden I can wash it straight after a sloppy ride before it goes on my bike carrier with this Worx hydro shot and Muc off brush set, happy days 😁 View attachment 100363
I had one of these for a bit, I ended up selling it. It’s pretty damn good as long as you have a water source, theres no water at most of the places I ride so I’d have to drag a 5-gallon bucket full of water with me. I ended up buying the all-in-one deal from Bosch
I hope that it works for you. I swapped the 20mm rise bar on my bike for a 38mm rise in an attempt to take some weight off my wrists in non technical riding situations however I found that I kept losing the front wheel on technical terrain (as I didn't have enough weight over it I assume). I ended up going back to the 20mm rise bar and it's much better. My wrists still get a bit sore on longer road or fire road sections but I'd rather have that and maintain my bike's handling on steeper, techy stuff.
did you remove any of the spacers from under the stem? That’s the only way I can use high rise bars.

Jurassic

Subscriber
Jul 22, 2022
Helensburgh, Scotland.
Just ordered four pairs of eMatrix brake pads from Uberbike. They're doing 20% off for Halloween if you use the code Spooky20. The discount is applied before VAT and postage so it's not a true 20% but if you were planning to buy something from them anyway it's worth having.

Ou812

Jun 26, 2022
Fort William
Just ordered four pairs of eMatrix brake pads from Uberbike. They're doing 20% off for Halloween if you use the code Spooky20. The discount is applied before VAT and postage so it's not a true 20% but if you were planning to buy something from them anyway it's worth having.
Are those any good? I’m looking to try some different pads on my Codes, something that will last longer than a few months

Jurassic

Subscriber
Jul 22, 2022
Helensburgh, Scotland.
Are those any good? I’m looking to try some different pads on my Codes, something that will last longer than a few months
They're okay yeah, I've been using them with Shimano 8120 XT brakes (and they're quite cheap compared to OEM pads). Can't comment on what they'd be like with SRAM brakes but I'd imagine they'd be decent.

jbrown15

May 27, 2020
Chilliwack, Canada
I've had really good luck with Galfer's purple ebike pads, I've run them with my Shimano XTR setup and then again when I went to a Shigura sent up using the same levers but with Magura MT5 calipers. Definitely recommend them to people, even have a few buddies running them in their regular bikes.

Jurassic

Subscriber
Jul 22, 2022
Helensburgh, Scotland.
I've had really good luck with Galfer's purple ebike pads, I've run them with my Shimano XTR setup and then again when I went to a Shigura sent up using the same levers but with Magura MT5 calipers. Definitely recommend them to people, even have a few buddies running them in their regular bikes.
Galfers are on my list to try.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles