What did you build your bike this week?

Semmelrocc

E*POWAH Master
Dec 28, 2021
Germany
Based on some inspiration I got from another post on this forum recently, and on the fact that it's the summer holidays and I had some spare time, I decided to build something: a nice bike repair stand. The best thing about it: it cost me no extra money, because I had all the parts already in my garage. Of course, not as fancy as Park Tool, but hey – I built it myself! 😀
So maybe this will be the starting point for another wonderful endless thread (like the similarly named one already in this forum). 😉 What did you build your bike?
IMG_3859.jpeg
IMG_3858.jpeg

Lee c

Jan 31, 2022
Uk
Based on some inspiration I got from another post on this forum recently, and on the fact that it's the summer holidays and I had some spare time, I decided to build something: a nice bike repair stand. The best thing about it: it cost me no extra money, because I had all the parts already in my garage. Of course, not as fancy as Park Tool, but hey – I built it myself! 😀
So maybe this will be the starting point for another wonderful endless thread (like the similarly named one already in this forum). 😉 What did you build your bike?
View attachment 122106 View attachment 122107

That’s really good!

Semmelrocc

E*POWAH Master
Dec 28, 2021
Germany
It's Mac Gyver time again. I needed to replace my GX cassette after 2.800 km, but had no chain whip. Since I didn't want to wait, I tried to improvise with a piece of wood, spare chain, brake wire, some screws and tape. It worked out somehow (on the second attempt, took me 2 hrs instead of 10 min), but that tool will probably not do the job on many more cassettes. I guess I better order a proper tool for my next cassette... 🙈
IMG_4768.jpeg

TommyC

Jul 7, 2022
Hampshire
It's Mac Gyver time again. I needed to replace my GX cassette after 2.800 km, but had no chain whip. Since I didn't want to wait, I tried to improvise with a piece of wood, spare chain, brake wire, some screws and tape. It worked out somehow (on the second attempt, took me 2 hrs instead of 10 min), but that tool will probably not do the job on many more cassettes. I guess I better order a proper tool for my next cassette... 🙈 View attachment 137511
in the past I have just wrapped an old chain around the cassette then wrapped the ends of the chain around the tyre. Use a towel in between and some gloves if you’re precious.

Semmelrocc

E*POWAH Master
Dec 28, 2021
Germany
Good idea, sounds reasonable; in my case what's on the photo is all the spare chain I had. 😅

Anders

Subscriber
Oct 11, 2023
Norway
I didn't know about this thread until now. An excellent idea!
I haven't built anything for my eMTB yet. I like to build things, both in wood and metal. I have built several stands for motorcycles and also use my lathe and milling machine to make motorcycle parts.

I might take up the inspiration from your bike stand. Right now, I just suspend the bike from the ceiling when I need to service it, but a free standing stand like yours will come in handy in some situations.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles