• Finance deal

Votes: 32 17.4%

• Total voters

irie

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
May 2, 2022
Chichester, W.Sussex, UK
Bought with a credit card then transfered money to another card with 3% balance transfer fee but otherwise interest free for 2 years. Looked obvious that inflation would rise into double figures so no point in paying cash. Credit card also provides additional buyer protection under British law.

eDirt

Nov 2, 2022
USA
During Covid I initially couldn’t get the shop to budge on price. After pointing out that if I used a credit card they’d be charged 3% by the cc company for the transaction fee I got them to knock off 2% for a cash sale.

Andy__C

Apr 11, 2020
South Wales
Sold my Stumpjumper, used it as a decent deposit and did the rest interest free over 3 years.

Should clear that in April - always happy to do an interest free if it makes sense, other people's money and all that.

Bob88

Jul 29, 2022
Hampshire
Paid £3000 cash for a new Cube full suspension at the start of 2020 before prices went mental. Gonna ride it into the dirt because I'm not going to buy at current prices. Good job it's a fantastic bike!

irie

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
May 2, 2022
Chichester, W.Sussex, UK
Will also run my Rail into the ground. The warranty expires in January 2024 so if the motor shits itself after then I'll take it to the eBike Motor Centre (which is about an hour from me) and they can rebuild the motor. All the components on the bike are (now) good and the frame is alloy, no point in buying a new bike just because the Bosch motor is broken ...

LeftItLancs

Apr 12, 2021
North UK
Lifestyle change, stopped smoking and drinking. Saved the cash up to treat myself and bought my first Cube Reaction during lockdown, sold that last year and again paid cash for my second.

2WheelsNot4

E*POWAH Master
Oct 17, 2021
Scotland
Credit card though not mine(I wouldnt have one). Sisters. Handed her £5k cash and put it on.
I might not want one myself, but i recognize the benefits

Last edited:

Chicane

Nov 11, 2020
SoCal
CC only because it gets me 1% cash back. I always pay it off in full, so it’s basically cash.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles