Voima Orders/Shipping Options

Maherto

Feb 22, 2020
Dublin
Being generous, pole are now over 7 working days and no refund issued.

please, note that it will take several working days until it´s completed.

What is your definition of several working days? Mine is about 5.

No response to the last 2 email this week. Very disappointed. Be extremely wary giving this company your money.
Not good hopefully they are processing your refund. What bike you going to get when you get your refund. I was torn between the canyon strive , torque or the voima.

cozzy

Aug 11, 2019
Hampshire UK
Not good hopefully they are processing your refund. What bike you going to get when you get your refund. I was torn between the canyon strive , torque or the voima.
I'll be keeping my 2020 kenevo for another year or so. Just sent the 3.5 year old motor off for a refurb.
I don't know what I fancy really. Got to be alloy, Bosch or brose, swappable battery, big travel, can take a fox40.
Voima still pretty much top of the list. I'm hoping the new UK pole place will stock them in the future so I can turn up and collect one.

Plummet

Flash Git
Mar 16, 2023
New Zealand
I'll be keeping my 2020 kenevo for another year or so. Just sent the 3.5 year old motor off for a refurb.
I don't know what I fancy really. Got to be alloy, Bosch or brose, swappable battery, big travel, can take a fox40.
Voima still pretty much top of the list. I'm hoping the new UK pole place will stock them in the future so I can turn up and collect one.
Suck for you. What about a Crestline 75/50?

Paul Mac

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Subscriber
Jul 9, 2018
Uk
Mate ordered his voima November last year and got it delivered last week.
I think if you held out another couple of weeks, you would have got yours. 😮‍💨

Ou812

Jun 26, 2022
Fort William
I have a Sonni frame in the basket right now but I’m putting on the brakes after reading these posts. The website says new orders shipping in April but I don’t want to be stuck waiting months. I think I’ll end up going another direction, maybe build a 29er Kenevo instead.

cozzy

Aug 11, 2019
Hampshire UK
The website says new orders shipping in April
I suspect so they can get you to pay in full straight away.
After being ignored now for over 2 weeks I've been left with no choice but to go down the route of the Finnish competition and consumer authority who's website will assist in generating a complaint and in the event of further no response will provides free guidance and mediation.

Last edited:

Ou812

Jun 26, 2022
Fort William
After being ignored now for over 2 weeks I've been left with no choice but to go down the route of the Finnish competition and consumer authority who's website will assist in generating a complaint and in the event of further no response will provides free guidance and mediation.

Sucks because I love the “cyber punk” look of the Sonni but definitely don’t want to be jerked around. Maybe yours was given to the UK Pole hub, they seem to have a bunch of them available to demo.

Vanquisher

Dec 13, 2023
Surrey, UK

I have written proof they are not shipping until the end of May. As you say, as of today, it still says shipping in April on the online shop.

I too was just recently told my order will not ship till the end of May and that I should now pay in full (deposit paid) to secure that slot.
IF they hit the end May and that isn't the first of a series of timetable slips, I wouldn't get the bike till maybe mid-June earliest. This is too late for my plans and I had previously made that clear in writing in my pre-sales exchanges with them.

I therefore asked for the deposit back and have heard nothing for pretty much a week now. Previous to requesting my deposit refunded they had been answering pre-sales questions in 24hrs or less.

I will be reasonable and give them another week to respond. That shouldn't be necessary given they have been responding to pre-sales questions in 24hrs.

Unfortunately, I have lost all good faith now, particularly in light of the other experiences here. There is no excuse for the lack of communication and will only lead people to assume the worst.

I will speak to my credit card company and take further legal advice if necessary

cozzy

Aug 11, 2019
Hampshire UK
I'm pleased to say I received my refund today. I sent a new email to support using the method I described a few posts above & got a very quick reply the next day.
Thank you to Kaisa for picking this up and promptly making things right.
I'm about £75 down due to exchange rates, expected this.
Im sure if I had waited I would have eventually received the bike & would have probably loved it, but Pole, you really need to sort your shit out.

slickrock

Aug 7, 2022
SF Bay Area
To American riders who have received their bikes this year: have the batteries been shipped separately? If so, is Pole using the same carrier and shipping method? Any battery shipment complications arrisen?

GeordieKenevo

May 12, 2023
Newcastle Upon Tyne
I'm pleased to say I received my refund today. I sent a new email to support using the method I described a few posts above & got a very quick reply the next day.
Thank you to Kaisa for picking this up and promptly making things right.
I'm about £75 down due to exchange rates, expected this.
Im sure if I had waited I would have eventually received the bike & would have probably loved it, but Pole, you really need to sort your shit out.
Seems like you were very lucky to get your cash back judging by other comments I've read on the insolvency related posts, especially as you didn't pay by credit card or PayPal :oops:

Asking for full payment when they must have known they were very unlikely to ever build the bikes and remain solvent these last few months is a little shady to say the least too.

Last edited:

cozzy

Aug 11, 2019
Hampshire UK
Seems like you were very lucky to get your cash back judging by other comments I've read on the insolvency related posts, especially as you didn't pay by credit card or PayPal :oops:

Asking for full payment when they must have known they were very unlikely to ever build the bikes and remain solvent these last few months is a little shady to say the least too.
For sure. A bullet dodged there. Plus I've learnt from this I am never going to buy a mail-order bike again. LBS only.
I feel for those scammed out of money, as I do feel it was a scam. Asking for full payments up front, ever sliding delivery dates, non existent communications.
The signs were there they were in trouble.

GeordieKenevo

May 12, 2023
Newcastle Upon Tyne
A lot of people on the comments of Rob's Youtube video have been burnt and rather worryingly seem to be complaining that some of their comments relating to the unethical practices when those at Pole knew they were near the end have been deleted :unsure:

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
A lot of people on the comments of Rob's Youtube video have been burnt and rather worryingly seem to be complaining that some of their comments relating to the unethical practices when those at Pole knew they were near the end have been deleted :unsure:
I have not deleted a single comment on that video.

Youtube auto removes some content, where people are sharing names, personally identifiable information (names of people often get auto removed), or any kind of hate speech. This is out of my control.

GeordieKenevo

May 12, 2023
Newcastle Upon Tyne
I have not deleted a single comment on that video.

Youtube auto removes some content, where people are sharing names, personally identifiable information (names of people often get auto removed), or any kind of hate speech. This is out of my control.
Thanks for that clarification @Rob Rides EMTB 👍

I wonder if they will be bought out - maybe a new venture for you Rob: Rob Makes EMTB ;)

Maherto

Feb 22, 2020
Dublin
So annoying I wondered why they where not answering my email I had a voima on order I had only paid a deposit. I will ring credit card company and get a refund. I suppose it's better than getting the bike and no warranty

Plummet

Flash Git
Mar 16, 2023
New Zealand
For sure. A bullet dodged there. Plus I've learnt from this I am never going to buy a mail-order bike again. LBS only.
I feel for those scammed out of money, as I do feel it was a scam. Asking for full payments up front, ever sliding delivery dates, non existent communications.

Until the point they pole filed for insolvency they would be acting as if the company would continue as a going concern. This is not a scam or unethical behavior. It is simply a struggling company lacking cashflow. The employees would not know that they were about to go bust other than suppliers putting them on stop credit etc. The lack of coms is likely the didn't Have a reliable update to share.

It is guttering for those people that have paid full amounts that will neither get a bike or their cash back. But Pole needed to be taking every order, every $ until the very end with chance they would pull though that cash flow pinch.

I feel for the employees. They immediately don't have jobs.
The guys that have lost deposits or full payments at least get to go to work tomorrow and continue to earn.

I think we need to have a bit of compassion. They tried their hardest and failed. It's tragic.

irie

Subscriber
May 2, 2022
Chichester, W.Sussex, UK
Until the point they pole filed for insolvency they would be acting as if the company would continue as a going concern. This is not a scam or unethical behavior. It is simply a struggling company lacking cashflow. The employees would not know that they were about to go bust other than suppliers putting them on stop credit etc. The lack of coms is likely the didn't Have a reliable update to share.

It is guttering for those people that have paid full amounts that will neither get a bike or their cash back. But Pole needed to be taking every order, every $ until the very end with chance they would pull though that cash flow pinch.

I feel for the employees. They immediately don't have jobs.
The guys that have lost deposits or full payments at least get to go to work tomorrow and continue to earn.

I think we need to have a bit of compassion. They tried their hardest and failed. It's tragic.
To all those who have either lost their deposits or worse lost their up front full payments that really is just a load of boll.o.cks. Speechless.

Vanquisher

Dec 13, 2023
Surrey, UK
I agree. No more 'boutique' for me. That would apply to bikes and components. There are broader lessons here that weren't immediately obvious. I should've realised that exclusive hyper expensive bikes / components would be the first thing to take a hit in the new post-covid GLOBAL economic Armageddon.

Second lesson. Never try and save a few quid on exchange rates using a foreign exchange debit card. You will save over a credit card but it's worth paying the 'extra' on a credit card for the consumer insurance. I should've used Amex like normal. They would have been all over Pole like a rash (I know from prior similar experience) and I would've got my money back. I saved nothing in the end. I'm down a fortune. Plus a load of high-end components bought and paid for sat at home without a frame, which I'll now have to sell at a loss compared to retail
:mad:

irie

Subscriber
May 2, 2022
Chichester, W.Sussex, UK
... I'm down a fortune ... Plus a load of high-end components bought and paid for sat at home without a frame, which I'll now have to sell at a loss compared to retail.
That's sh1t, really feel for you. ☹️

I've recently been a victim of an online scam, not a lot of money, but still gives you that sinking feeling in your stomach.

GeordieKenevo

May 12, 2023
Newcastle Upon Tyne
How would you do it differently?
If I was running a company where I knew the end was near I'd wind down the business slowly and stop taking new orders for a few weeks minimum till I knew what chance it had surviving. I certainly wouldn't take full payments from customers for bikes that I knew had no chance of ever getting their bike.

A boutique bike company that size would know exactly what their cashflow was.

Vanquisher

Dec 13, 2023
Surrey, UK
If I was running a company where I knew the end was near I'd wind down the business slowly and stop taking new orders for a few weeks minimum till I knew what chance it had surviving. I certainly wouldn't take full payments from customers for bikes that I knew had no chance of ever getting their bike.

They wrote to me on March 27th asking for full payment under the guise of "we need your full payment to guarantee your slot in the manufacturing schedule"
This was unquestionably knowingly turning me over at point in time.
Additionally, I had already asked for my deposit to be refunded on March 27th as I was dissatisfied that the frame delivery had slipped to June from April. The deposit request was ignored and responded to with "if we can get you the bike by the end of May will you go ahead". The following week they announce they are bust
Everybody knows that when insolvent, the customers are last on the creditor list, so you are effectively robbing peter to pay paul

Plummet

Flash Git
Mar 16, 2023
New Zealand

That would be how you would fo it if you were cash positive and loosing sales. You could see impending doom and exit before doom arrived.

This is not that situation. They were fighting tooth a.nd nail to stay afloat and didn't make it through a tough patch.

GeordieKenevo

May 12, 2023
Newcastle Upon Tyne
That would be how you would fo it if you were cash positive and loosing sales. You could see impending doom and exit before doom arrived.

This is not that situation. They were fighting tooth a.nd nail to stay afloat and didn't make it through a tough patch.
I'm sorry but from reading the comments online and even in this thread that simply doesn't stack up for me but I won't post further as I have no horse in this race thankfully but wish all involved the best.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles