Voima Orders/Shipping Options

Blownoutrides

Mar 22, 2021
USA
Hello, anyone bought Voima from USA? I am wondering what the shipping process was, especially if you had to pay duties and if so how much? I read up on US Customs website but it's not entirely clear. Any info or advice would be helpful.

Thank you.
Voima shipped to CA using the standard method of Finland’s postal service who hands it over to USPS stateside.

No duties/taxes.

Only hiccup appears to be a tracking blind spot that occurs at customs in Finland. You see it sitting in customs for a while and then all of a sudden it just shows up on your doorstep. Took about a week from shipping notification to arrival if I recall correctly.

Onetime

Aug 10, 2022
Cali
Hello, anyone bought Voima from USA? I am wondering what the shipping process was, especially if you had to pay duties and if so how much? I read up on US Customs website but it's not entirely clear. Any info or advice would be helpful.

Thank you.
Yeah, just get the regular shipping. It’s cheaper and faster than express with DHL. If you get DHL, it will sit in customs until you fill out a bunch of unnecessary and confusing DOT paperwork that doesn’t even apply to the bike and then pay customs fees. I’ve used both, the first order was with DHL and the second was with regular mail. The second order, (regular mail) took 4 days to reach my door in California and the battery was 5 days.

BigG

Feb 15, 2023
US, SoCal

Thank you.
Don’t use dhl, you’ll be fine.
I had to pay import fees (~$200) and fill out DOT forms with dhl, so did other guys. Yet with standard shipping you just get the box and that’s it. Someone else used both and had same experience with dhl and just got it with standard one with ho hassle or fees whatsoever.

Jay29er

Subscriber
Jun 30, 2022
TN

Thank you.
I also went regular shipping and didn’t pay no fees. However my battery came FedEx and had to pay $40.

BigG

Feb 15, 2023
US, SoCal
They do have sales or free shipping every once in a while.
Most probable date is obviously black friday.
Also often happens if new model introduced and they need to clear old stock.

Plummet

Flash Git
Mar 16, 2023
New Zealand
They do have sales or free shipping every once in a while.
Most probable date is obviously black friday.
Also often happens if new model introduced and they need to clear old stock.
There were specialing off the 22 voima. Not sure if there is any left. There were also some deals for the new Onni aswell. Again not sure if they are still on offer or not.

jbrown15

May 27, 2020
Chilliwack, Canada
I'm placing my order next week for a K1 frame in Storm Grey with the race motor.
I would have pulled the trigger on the S-Onni but I hate riding with a backpack and a water bottle is a must for me.

Plummet

Flash Git
Mar 16, 2023
New Zealand
I'm placing my order next week for a K1 frame in Storm Grey with the race motor.
I would have pulled the trigger on the S-Onni but I hate riding with a backpack and a water bottle is a must for me.
Yeah, I'm pretty stoked about a water bottle. Haven't had one for about 10 years.

Fitted a fidlock yesterday. Makes for easy charging without a water battle cage in the way.
20230708_162744.jpg

jbodnar

Patreon
Subscriber
Nov 23, 2019
California
No True Gold for three weeks…

Should I wait or change my order to Storm Grey or Raw?

I bought gold Canfield Ultimate Crampon pedals, thought I‘d be getting the bike sooner.

I already have a polished/brushed hand made aluminum analogue bike (Lenzsport Lunchbox) that looks great, I was considering Raw before I decided on True Gold (something different and seems more “blingy” to me).

Damn decisions, I already spent a long time deciding on a K0.

Jay29er

Subscriber
Jun 30, 2022
TN
No True Gold for three weeks…

Should I wait or change my order to Storm Grey or Raw?

I bought gold Canfield Ultimate Crampon pedals, thought I‘d be getting the bike sooner.

I already have a polished/brushed hand made aluminum analogue bike (Lenzsport Lunchbox) that looks great, I was considering Raw before I decided on True Gold (something different and seems more “blingy” to me).

Damn decisions, I already spent a long time deciding on a K0.
I would wait to get exactly what you want. I got the gold and love it.

jbodnar

Patreon
Subscriber
Nov 23, 2019
California
Pole shipped my order using DHL (which I did not request/pay for) presumably because my order was delayed over 30 days…now it looks like I have to fill out a confusing DOT form and also supply my tax ID…not sure why DHL doesn’t notify me until the day before it is due to be delivered.

Anyone in California have any idea how much more this is going to cost me?

Which option did you specify on the DOT form?

Thanks.

Last edited:

BigG

Feb 15, 2023
US, SoCal
Around $90 up to $150 irc.
You should choose option that it’s not considered a motor vehicle and is not to be used on general roads. There will be an option to provide free form explanation, specify that it’s class1 mountain electric bicycle for offroad use only, not equipped with lights, etc.

The vehicle was not manufactured primarily for use on the public roads and thus is not a motor vehicle subject to the Federal Motor Vehicle Safety, Bumper, and Theft Prevention Standards or the equipment item is not a system, part, or component of a motor vehicle and thus is not an item of motor vehicle equipment subject to the Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standards. [591.5(a)]

BigG

Feb 15, 2023
US, SoCal
you ll also will have to provide ssn to them and power of attorney document so they can process it with customs on your behalf. Customs took 2-3 days, delivered rapidly next day after customs release.

Plummet

Flash Git
Mar 16, 2023
New Zealand
you ll also will have to provide ssn to them and power of attorney document so they can process it with customs on your behalf. Customs took 2-3 days, delivered rapidly next day after customs release.
On in America aye? That's a lot of admin.

jbodnar

Patreon
Subscriber
Nov 23, 2019
California
That’s just dhl covering their asses. With USPS you just get the bike, no extra steps or payments or paperwork.
I wish they would have shipped it as I requested.

I thought I specified in an email that I did not want DHL used.

If I order anything further from them, I’ll have to email them using all caps:

“PLEASE DO NOT SHIP USING DHL”

Thanks.

jbodnar

Patreon
Subscriber
Nov 23, 2019
California
As far as I can tell, a class 1 ebike is not legally classified as a motor vehicle…so DHL should not be asking for this DOT form (which is probably why usps doesn’t require it).

jbodnar

Patreon
Subscriber
Nov 23, 2019
California
I had to also fill out a customs power of attorney and had to upload pictures of my social security card (proof).

Import duty for me was $222 (for complete bike).

Bad luck, found out I have a detached retina…have to get someone else to pick up the bike for me when it arrives (I’m not allowed to lift anything heavy).

I have eye surgery scheduled on Wednesday, gave no idea when I’ll be able to ride again…

That and I also have a 2 mm kidney stone I will have to pass.

Getting old sucks.

jbodnar

Patreon
Subscriber
Nov 23, 2019
California
DHL express really sucks.

Had retina eye surgery this morning…

sent neighbor to pick up two boxes with letter and copy of my drivers license…

DHL express pickup location only has the smaller box (wheels?) and they don’t know where the box with bike is.

BigG

Feb 15, 2023
US, SoCal

DHL express pickup location only has the smaller box (wheels?) and they don’t know where the box with bike is.
Get well soon.
I also had 2 separate boxes delivered day apart. Wheels arrive early and bike+battery next day in my case.

Plummet

Flash Git
Mar 16, 2023
New Zealand

The tyranny of distance sucks. My battery got rejected in aus and didnt make it to nz. I had to wait another couple of weeks for pole to source from nz

jbodnar

Patreon
Subscriber
Nov 23, 2019
California
Get well soon.
I also had 2 separate boxes delivered day apart. Wheels arrive early and bike+battery next day in my case.
They found the box at LAX and my neighbor picked it up.

I hope To get my neighbor to open the boxes to see if anything is missing….I’m not allowed to lift anything over 10 lbs…I can’t even move the box to open it…bummer.

cozzy

Aug 11, 2019
Hampshire UK
Pricing up the 10 year build bike and I get some weirdness in the cart.
Bike on its own I have 2 postage options.
  • Regular (EMS): 170 €
  • UPS/DHL Express: 450 €
Adding an accessory, ie the frame protector and I lose the cheaper postage option 🤔
Have emailed them to ask why.

EDIT got a call from a UK based pole employee who was most helpful and explained it was a website anomaly and the lower price postage would still apply by ordering the accessories separately via email with the main order 👍

Last edited:

Onetime

Aug 10, 2022
Cali
Pricing up the 10 year build bike and I get some weirdness in the cart.
Bike on its own I have 2 postage options.
  • Regular (EMS): 170 €
  • UPS/DHL Express: 450 €
Adding an accessory, ie the frame protector and I lose the cheaper postage option 🤔
Have emailed them to ask why.

EDIT got a call from a UK based pole employee who was most helpful and explained it was a website anomaly and the lower price postage would still apply by ordering the accessories separately via email with the main order 👍
Whatever you do, just make sure you get regular mail shipping. DHL is the worst.

cozzy

Aug 11, 2019
Hampshire UK
Order confirmation today after paying last week for the anniversary peoples champ bike. Advised 4 weeks, so early December. Will see how accurate that is. Not that I'm bothered if it slips a bit as I don't generally ride in the winter.

I was a bit surprised to be asked to pay the full amount straight after putting a deposit down. I expected to be asked for the balance nearer the shipping date.

Last edited:

cozzy

Aug 11, 2019
Hampshire UK
Anyone who ordered the anniversary voima model had any updates? Mine is due next week. I'm not expecting it to be honest, which is fine. No great rush.

I did see someone on the pole fb group complaining their custom voima order from August was still outstanding, before the post was deleted.

jbrown15

May 27, 2020
Chilliwack, Canada
Anyone who ordered the anniversary voima model had any updates? Mine is due next week. I'm not expecting it to be honest, which is fine. No great rush.

I did see someone on the pole fb group complaining their custom voima order from August was still outstanding, before the post was deleted.
I had a customer order the last older K4 Voima bike that they showed in stock and I think it's not shipping for a few weeks for some reason. Which I thought was a little odd.

gaz123

Aug 22, 2022
snowdonia
still weighting for news on my bike,orderd the what we ride bike on the 2nd of November,
does anybody know haw long it will take from posting in Finland to receiving in the UK?

cozzy

Aug 11, 2019
Hampshire UK
So my peoples champ bike, approximately due last week according to the timeframes when I ordered it, is delayed till february😲
Not really a big issue as I dont ride over winter anyway plus I was expecting a delay, because its pole ..
Even so the length of the delay took me by surprise a bit.

Last edited:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles