RocketMagnet

Dec 16, 2018
UK
25-30mm, not ridden it yet so may tweak it.. it wont slam completely but maybe with some cable wrangling it may go down a bit lower.

My Santa Cruz Large Hightower LT is 55mm for the same measurement..

Sorry misunderstood your post, it slams into about 15mm but its cable resticted by feel but I set it to 25-30 for me to ride which doesn't leave much scope if your much shorter than 6 foot though its leg length that matters.
My SC Hightower LT is set to 55mm for me to ride showing how much more scope my large SC hightower as for upsizing.

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
slides all the way in.
300px-KennethWilliams.jpg

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
Thats what we are tying to figure out, by comparing how far you can get it down on a 2018 vs 2019

E-Glen

Jan 10, 2019
Bath, uk
The manager from Vitus was interviewed somewhere and claimed that they had fixed the dropper issue for 2019. Apparently not.

"increased seatpost insertion " was the term (Doomanic over to you...)

MBR (Vitus E-Sommet VR review - MBR)

“We’ve been tweaking the eSommet VR to reflect the performance improvements we have made to our personal bikes, like the new low-profile Shimano STEPS controller and a Maxxis High Roller rear tyre for improved climbing and braking traction. Other upgrades include the new RockShox Lyrik RC2 fork and Super Deluxe RC3 shock, increased seatpost insertion, shorter 165mm cranks, a wider range 11-46t cassette, and an upgraded Nukeproof cockpit.” John Thompson, MTB product manager, Vitus Bikes.

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
In small-size 2019 E-Sommet VR you can't slide dropper post all the way in, must be pulled up approximately 20mm.
Of course you can't. the actuator would fuck your shock if you did.

if you only have 20mm sticking out it's reamed far deeper than the small 2018 was.

drjarvis2003

Jul 4, 2018
glasgow
"increased seatpost insertion " was the term (Doomanic over to you...)

MBR (Vitus E-Sommet VR review - MBR)

“We’ve been tweaking the eSommet VR to reflect the performance improvements we have made to our personal bikes, like the new low-profile Shimano STEPS controller and a Maxxis High Roller rear tyre for improved climbing and braking traction. Other upgrades include the new RockShox Lyrik RC2 fork and Super Deluxe RC3 shock, increased seatpost insertion, shorter 165mm cranks, a wider range 11-46t cassette, and an upgraded Nukeproof cockpit.” John Thompson, MTB product manager, Vitus Bikes.
Yes, seatpost insertion is what i meant.

RocketMagnet

Dec 16, 2018
UK
OK checked the large at full penetration and definitely as far as it will go.
20190123_163326.jpg

Definitely bottomed out so the only option would be a dropper with a shorter insert depth would give you another 15mm + any collar depth variance if your legs are too short.

Like I've said before if you your saddle is too high all the way in then something with an adjustable max height will help such as the 50mm of adjustment allowed on the OneUP dropper.

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
The one up also has a lower overall height when raised, due to how it clamps the saddle much closer to the head of the seat post than most dropper posts, so for example on if you fitted a 150mm One Up in place of the 150mm Brand X, the top of the saddle would sit about 10mm lower due to the clamp set up.

Last edited:

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
Rob, I will bring a long an e6000 controller for you to borrow on the ride at the weekend, as currently the app doesn't recognise the e7000 meaning you cant change the settings, you dont need to mount it on the bike, just plug it in when using the app.

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
And for you 2019 owners I have just figured out a workaround for getting the app to work with the bike, I posted it in another thread but will repost here:

"I have now figured out and tested a workaround.

If you unplug the e7000 controller, you can access the app, and change all the settings etc.

Now the bright sparks amongst you will have figured out that you need the controller plugged in to activate the bluetooth connection!

So what you have to do, is activate the bluetooth connection on the bike, then unplug the e7000 controller, then connect with the app. App connects fine, but instead of the usual 3 items its shows up (controller, motor, battery) it just has motor and battery - you can access the motor customisation etc etc.

I also tried plugging in the e7000 once the app had connected, and this didn't disconnect it or do anything weird, but the controller didn't show up on the app.

Bare in mind I have already paired my bike with the app some time ago, so dont know how this would affect a first time connection.

When you have finished just disconnect via the app, and then plug the controller back in

Voila!

As an FYI I use the iPad version of the app."

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
And to add that if you have recently added an E7000 to a 2018 Bike, if you want to access the app just unplug the e7000, and plug in your old controller (you done need to mount it) and you can access the app fine.

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
The one up also has a lower overall height when raised, due to how it clamps the saddle much closer to the head of the seat post than most dropper posts, so for example on if you fitted a 150mm One Up in place of the 150mm Brand X, the top of the saddle would sit about 10mm lower due to the clamp set up.

I had a OneUP 170mm post and a 170 BX here at the same time.
Neither inserted far enough to be useable for m (33" inseam) at full extension.
the OneUp inserted less because of the lower post and actuator design. It was longer overall than the B-X (incl actuators) too.

150mm B-X fits fine and still has a little further insertion room available.

small 2018 eSommet

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
Yes the thing with the One Up is that although the body is short, the actuator is quite big off the bottom, so some of their marketing is a bit misleading.

I have my 170 One Up on my hardtail at the moment as I have had to warranty the Fox Transfer I had on their, due to it getting stuck if you used it at anything part form fully down or up, so have put the One Up in to use in the meantime, and have too say I really like it, zero play side to side, and the extra drop over the 150 Transfer is nice to have on that bike.

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
Yeah hardtails do need more drop than FS. same with flats Vs clips.
Not for getting off the back though. for pre-loading

I liked the post too. pity i couldn't use it

RocketMagnet

Dec 16, 2018
UK
And for you 2019 owners I have just figured out a workaround for getting the app to work with the bike, I posted it in another thread but will repost here:

"I have now figured out and tested a workaround.

If you unplug the e7000 controller, you can access the app, and change all the settings etc.

Now the bright sparks amongst you will have figured out that you need the controller plugged in to activate the bluetooth connection!

So what you have to do, is activate the bluetooth connection on the bike, then unplug the e7000 controller, then connect with the app. App connects fine, but instead of the usual 3 items its shows up (controller, motor, battery) it just has motor and battery - you can access the motor customisation etc etc.

I also tried plugging in the e7000 once the app had connected, and this didn't disconnect it or do anything weird, but the controller didn't show up on the app.

Bare in mind I have already paired my bike with the app some time ago, so dont know how this would affect a first time connection.

When you have finished just disconnect via the app, and then plug the controller back in

Voila!

As an FYI I use the iPad version of the app."

Yeah found this out last night when the app would connect/pair but was throwing an error due to something connected it didn't work with.. I assumed the E7000 switch or that Vitus had some proprietary firmware so got it to the pair select in the menu then unplugged the switch hoping it don't fall over disconnecting "live" and then your in so can set power modes etc.

So can confirm this works on Android, didn't try it on IOS. 000000 was the default pin.

Left the power modes in default but have been told explorer mode is good.. IIRC I think the difference was Medium mode on Trail instead of LOW.

Shame you have to faff about unplugging etc would be nice to change stuff on the trail with minimal kerfuffle.

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
Yeah i also have trail set to Md, boost to max
it makes Trail a more meaningful jump from eco but still nicely controllable

davosaurusrex

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
Apr 21, 2018
Worthing
I just knocked trail down to low and boost to mid as range has been suffering in the cold temps. Will prob put them back up again in the Spring though

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles