Vitus E-Sommet VR

Iain at the back

Founding Member
Mar 7, 2018
Labamo
Has anybody got one or ridden one of these? They look remarkably good value with BC discount from Chain Reaction.

Vitus

Doomanic

Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
No, but I would have bought one if the Trek hadn't come up at the right price.

Rob Hancill

Administrator
Staff member
Patreon
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
Ride
Levo Expert
That does look good. I think they were featured on EMBN a couple of shows ago. Good spec and really good price.

Iain at the back

Founding Member
Mar 7, 2018
Labamo
I managed to get 12% off with my Wiggle discount which was nice so it was £3167.99.

I think that is such a bargain for the spec, and to celebrate I'm going to have a set of Hope 35W wheels and a new seat post! Once I get it muddy, the wife will never know!

Rob Hancill

Administrator
Staff member
Patreon
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
Ride
Levo Expert
I managed to get 12% off with my Wiggle discount which was nice so it was £3167.99.

I think that is such a bargain for the spec, and to celebrate I'm going to have a set of Hope 35W wheels and a new seat post! Once I get it muddy, the wife will never know!
That sir is an excellent deal!

Kernow

Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 18, 2018
Cornwall uk
Awesome spec for the money , I’ve got a vitus escarpe 29er and Iam very pleased with it , great values for spec , top kit and a really tough simple build that feels like it will last .
The only heads up for all the vitus is the gear hanger bolts , remove and lock tite them and check regularly they are tight , not a problem but they will come loose if you don’t lock tite them

Iain at the back

Founding Member
Mar 7, 2018
Labamo
Awesome spec for the money , I’ve got a vitus escarpe 29er and Iam very pleased with it , great values for spec , top kit and a really tough simple build that feels like it will last .
The only heads up for all the vitus is the gear hanger bolts , remove and lock tite them and check regularly they are tight , not a problem but they will come loose if you don’t lock tite them
Thanks for the heads up Kernow, loctite at the ready.

njn

Founding Member
Mar 14, 2018
USA
I like it, modern geo and a Horst link.

Iain at the back

Founding Member
Mar 7, 2018
Labamo
Right then. I have received the bike and after a little fettling and some new parts supplied and fitted by Dom from Recoil Suspension, I am heading out for the first proper ride today.
New parts as follows.
Hope 35W wheel set
Ergon SMC3 saddle
Crank Bros Mallet E LS pedals
Spank Vibrocore bar
Ergon GA3 grips.

Initial cocking around outside the house and with Dom, the bike feels really good and composed.

I will try to post some form of review after we've been round Sherwood Pines today.

Rob Hancill

Administrator
Staff member
Patreon
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
Ride
Levo Expert
Right then. I have received the bike and after a little fettling and some new parts supplied and fitted by Dom from Recoil Suspension, I am heading out for the first proper ride today.
New parts as follows.
Hope 35W wheel set
Ergon SMC3 saddle
Spank Vibrocore bar
Ergon GA3 grips.

Initial cocking around outside the house and with Dom, the bike feels really good and composed.

I will try to post some form of review after we've been round Sherwood Pines today.
Good luck with the new bike and enjoy your day😊😊

Kernow

Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 18, 2018
Cornwall uk
New parts as follows.
Hope 35W wheel set
Ergon SMC3 saddle
Spank Vibrocore bar
Ergon GA3 grips.

Enjoy some nice upgrades already , looks the gear hanger has been changed too judging by a pic that poped up on chain reaction , so maybe my check the bolts advice isn’t needed any more .

Rob Hancill

Administrator
Staff member
Patreon
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
Ride
Levo Expert
Oh by the way some pics of your new bike would be awesome 😎

Gary

Mar 29, 2018
banished
Seems an absolute bargain at that price!
What size did you buy?
How is the E8000 motor? Couple of folk in the CRC reviews moaning about excess drag. How is yours?

Iain at the back

Founding Member
Mar 7, 2018
Labamo
There is not really any drag but you do notice the weight of the bike without the motor engaged.

I got a Large and at 5.11 with a 32” inside leg it fits fine. Can’t get the seat post much further down though.

Feel like a great bike but still loads of setting up to do with the suspension. It handles my chunky frame with aplomb and there is a noticeable lack of pedal bob, unlike my Whyte G160.

Iain at the back

Founding Member
Mar 7, 2018
Labamo
I'm really bad with taking photos and forgot to take any out on the ride. I also forgot to start my Garmin so no data.
1523079226916.jpg
1523079149948.jpg
1523079118302.jpg
1523079086780.jpg