Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
As ever with these bikes only a certain level of ride is going to notice the true difference in abilities on these bikes, and that level of rider is also the one who will be able to ride anything fast.

True dat.

Flipside is a 170/160mm Pinner of a bike with a motor or not is pretty much wasted on a not so talented rider who's just going to be riding it nowhere near its limits. But they'll probably never actually notice or understand why.

There's probably an awful lot of pretty terrible riding happening on 180mm Kenevos. But that was true when DH bikes were en vogue too.

Some folk just want MOAR

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
This
True dat.

Flipside is a 170/160mm Pinner of a bike with a motor or not is pretty much wasted on a not so talented rider who's just going to be riding it nowhere near its limits. But they'll probably never actually notice or understand why.

There's probably an awful lot of pretty terrible riding happening on 180mm Kenevos. But that was true when DH bikes were en vogue too.

Some folk just want MOAR
This is why I think they would be in to a winner if they did an EMTB version of the Escarpe.

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
Nah... IME even total mincers want LOOOONG SLAAAACK #enduro geometry these days because they read about it on the internet.

but I agree the Escarpe would better suit a lot of the riding actually done

Last edited:

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
Are you counting down the time til I get a Levo?

Never going to happen with the current cost/spec ratio.

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
I reckon this time next year the Forum will be going Bosch crazy anyway, given the new motor from them is likely to be released late 2019

rmh1009

Aug 17, 2018
West Wales
A bit long and I'm sure there's some things you guys won't agree with but the Vitus does come out on top. Canyon fares pretty well though.

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
A bit long and I'm sure there's some things you guys won't agree with but the Vitus does come out on top

First time I've ever watched a Muldoon video and not disagreed with him on most of his thoughts on the bike he's tested.

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
Nope, just listening to the clock until you get R120s joke

It's making me sleeeeeepy

YAAAWWWNNN!! ;)
Apparently the lack of a smiley in my post made you miss my joke as well. :rolleyes:

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
Strictly speaking repeating the exact same joke isn't really YOUR joke. ;)
but thanks for explaining (y):sneaky:

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
I wasn't making a joke, who wouldn't flog a multiple test winning EMTB and get a base level Levo? Sounds like a sensible chapo_O

Polaris

Oct 15, 2018
Lancashire, England
You getting a Vitus and a Canyon?
You must of been very good this year ?
I’m hoping canyon release their bikes very soon so I can decide. Got a feeling the vitus bikes will sell like hot cakes so will defo get a deposit down and hope they take their time getting them out lol. Its going to be a close call.. I haven’t been that good ?

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
@Polaris What makes you think Canyon have a new model coming?
The Spectral:ON has only been available for 7 months so I can't really see them changing the design of that just yet. Especially with the sort of marketing they've thrown at it.

Polaris

Oct 15, 2018
Lancashire, England
@Polaris What makes you think Canyon have a new model coming?
The Spectral:ON has only been available for 7 months so I can't really see them changing the design of that just yet. Especially with the sort of marketing they've thrown at it.
I was Speaking to a canyon rep about more stock of their Ebikes that are all out of stock and was told their new Ebike range is to be launched within the month.

He said to keep an eye on the website.. they are on the way!

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
"New Ebike range" doesn't necessarily mean a new Emtb model. Or have you omitted more information shared during this conversation?

Polaris

Oct 15, 2018
Lancashire, England
No that was pretty much it. “Hey could you tell me if and when you are going to get more stock of your spectral Ebikes please? Sorry but we only have limited stock availability on our website but our new 2019 range will be unveiled and on the website for purchase within the month” simple

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
Canyon Customer Dis-service said:
Sorry but we only have limited stock availability on our website but our new 2019 range will be unveiled and on the website for purchase within the month and delivery at a time to be determined by a random number generator, a ouija board and a broken Magic 8 Ball
:p

Polaris

Oct 15, 2018
Lancashire, England
Canyon stated they were “late to the party” last year in a number of reviews, maybe they are trying to keep up with the competition this year as pretty much all manufacturers have rolled out their 2019 range already?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles