Vitus E-Mythique LT Enduro EMTB - Bargain of the year

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
Anyone looked at putting a Bafang M560 motor in the E Mythique?

I'm guessing the 48v battery requirement would cause the biggest headache?

Just asking as I have the option of a bare frame.
I might be wrong, but I thought they were having some issues with the M560 ? Does look like it's built like a tank (but noisy).

Think I'd probably just go with the M510 FC2.0. If you want more power than that then you probably want an e-moto or something instead so you'd have enough battery capacity for the power/speed you're using.

matteof93

Feb 9, 2024
Italy
Welcome !!

1: Spare batteries don't seem easy to obtain at the moment. They should be in theory as they're a standard bafang unit, but I'm not aware of anyone who's bought one.

2: They're all owned by Signa Sports which is part of Signa Group which is owned by a low life thieving scum bag called Rene Benko who ultimately will have ended up destroying the lives of thousands in these businesses and all the connected businesses. Hopefully a few will come out of the other side, though most have had any cash siphoned off and the whole thing is a mess and will end up with everyone fighting everyone to try and get anything back. With luck, some of the smaller elements, such as Vitus, will have been too small to bother using as cash cows and will come out of the other side as viable enterprises.

3: The motor has a torque sensor built in, it measures the torque you put in then applies a relevant amount of assistance. Your understanding is more or less correct, though I wouldn't try and interpret the numbers too much. Initially, eco might seem like too much because you're not used to any assistance. After a couple of weeks you'll have adapted and will have a higher average speed and it will feel fine. You'll probably start using the other modes and your riding style will evolve and adapt to different terrains, so going up might also become fun like going down (though obviously not quite the same).

4: You can in theory tune the motor with Go+ (with an upgraded display) or some other tools if you buy a "box" - there's a thread on bafang tuning. In reality, you probably won't need to. There are many other factors like rider weight, speed, type of terrain and especially vertical meters climbed. You can also turn it to no assistance if you feel fit/strong/crazy. Assistance will also stop at 25kph, so another way to get more range is to push past that. In the middle assist mode you should easily get 1500+ meters climbing. In Eco 2000 to 2500m. With any e-bike if you power off or "ride the wave" at the cut off point you can get lots more, you just need to pace yourself and not go crazy and tire yourself out on the descents too. It's physically exhausting though. An example on a 630wh Bosch Bike :

View attachment 134221
lots of up and downs rather than a nice mountain :-(

View attachment 134222

It's a great bike. Ultimately, it's unlikely you'll need to buy parts from Vitus as it's all pretty solid. Bearings are standard and listed in the tech thread so easily obtainable.
What about sizing? I am 180 cm, 90 cm inseam (long legs, short torso, long arms)...I ride an Orbea Occam size L (reach is 470mm). I think the best option on the Vitus for me is size Large, but I fear that the wheelbase of the bike might be too long (I ride alpine trails that are usually quite slow and require above average technical skills).

In terms of bikes, I have a Cannondale Scalpel HT (11 kg hardtail, 100 mm fork) and, as I said, an Orbea Occam (15kg, 150mm suspension front and rear, Maxxis Assegai 2.5 front, Maxxis Dissector 2.4 rear). The Cannondale is super fast uphill, the Orbea is very slow uphill but capable downhill. I guess the Vitus in 170 front / 160 rear configuration with 2.6" tires front and rear would be a great way to ride the same trails I do with the Occam, the only difference is that I would be able to do many more descents.

Freddy-mountain

Dec 3, 2023
Europe
Hi Matteo, my wife (172cm) and me (178cm) are both on a M size. However I changed my stem to 50mm as the 30mm was a bit to short for me.
Riding position is greatly centered and neutral
I went with Zimmerframes recommendation which gives a nice compact feeling. L should be also a bit heavier which could be a point as well. M is around 25,3-25.5 kg incl pedals

matteof93

Feb 9, 2024
Italy
Hi Matteo, my wife (172cm) and me (178cm) are both on a M size. However I changed my stem to 50mm as the 30mm was a bit to short for me.
Riding position is greatly centered and neutral
I went with Zimmerframes recommendation which gives a nice compact feeling. L should be also a bit heavier which could be a point as well. M is around 25,3-25.5 kg incl pedals
M is about 450mm reach, right? I am already riding with a 50mm stem on my Orbea that has 470mm of reach...

Neeko DeVinchi

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Dec 31, 2020
UK
Curious!!!
Screenshot_20240211_222005_Chrome.jpg

Vitus state that their custom firmware on the M510 only allows the motor to achieve a maximum power of 550w.

Ordinarily because it's using a 36v battery, I believed them. However,
Screenshot_20240211_213534_Video Player.jpg

the Bafang Go app showed the motor achieving 700w when in the highest level of assist.
Screenshot_20240211_213545_Video Player.jpg
Screenshot_20240211_213548_Video Player.jpg

With subsequent climbs achieving above 550w.
20240211_162651.jpg

Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining. But it's strange why Vitus declared 550w peak output.

Have any of you noticed this?

CarolinaCrawler

Jan 30, 2023
North Carolina
I would love to know why when the torque is increased to the pedal the output seems to decrease. Then if you ease off the pedals it seems to bring in the power. If your really torquing on the pedals (standing and climbing hard) and adjust from E to T there is no concernable difference in motor power output.

Neeko DeVinchi

Dec 31, 2020
UK
I would love to know why when the torque is increased to the pedal the output seems to decrease. Then if you ease off the pedals it seems to bring in the power. If your really torquing on the pedals (standing and climbing hard) and adjust from E to T there is no concernable difference in motor power output.
I'm slowly playing around with each setting. Moreso, the startup angle. I recall you mentioned before that thr motor responded too slow in eco, eco+ and trail. I have found that by reducing the angle to 10°, does improve pedal response from stand still. I wouldn't mind experimenting with the 32t chainring. But atleast we know that the startup angle is the main culprit behind the lagging motor response.

As for power, yes. It is possible to increase the power further by raising the assistance percentage, as the maximum power is governed by the assistance tab.

I'll share my findings as time goes on👍🏿

Nenoflow

Jan 22, 2024
Germany
Hey guys, I could use some help:
Rode in wet conditions today and at some point I had almost no power while pedalling and a strange feeling when the assisst kicked in. So turned it off and on, only had max 75w of assistance in the modes.
Got back home, tested again, no assisstamce at all.
Display says error code 35, detection circuit for 15V has an error
Solution is updste controller using besst tool, if that does not help change controller or contact supplier.

I don't have that tool, I don't know any bike shops in my region of Germany that do Bafang and the supplier is doing just as bad as all the others in the Signa group.

Anyone know how to reset the error codes or the controller without the besst tool ir have any other ideas where to start troubleshooting?

Dado

Jun 28, 2022
Bratislava
Curious!!!
View attachment 134275
Vitus state that their custom firmware on the M510 only allows the motor to achieve a maximum power of 550w.

Ordinarily because it's using a 36v battery, I believed them. However,

the Bafang Go app showed the motor achieving 700w when in the highest level of assist.
With subsequent climbs achieving above 550w.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining. But it's strange why Vitus declared 550w peak output.

Have any of you noticed this?

Hello Neeko.

I would say they mean mechanical power at the wheel. And it really match also according numbers. 48V and 14A is peaking 730W - electrical power. Effectivity of controller and motor is cca 0.8 , with Bafang less. ;) Also Bosch motors have less on the wheel.

Neeko DeVinchi

Dec 31, 2020
UK
Hello Neeko.

I would say they mean mechanical power at the wheel. And it really match also according numbers. 48V and 14A is peaking 730W - electrical power. Effectivity of controller and motor is cca 0.8 , with Bafang less. ;) Also Bosch motors have less on the wheel.
It's possible Dado.
I've refrained from comparing the E-Mythique Lt to the E10 (too many discrepancies). But I'm still tinkering with the E-Mythique Lt. So I'll share my findings.
Amending the startup angle to 8° has DRASTICALLY!! improved the bike's performance👍🏿

Dado

Jun 28, 2022
Bratislava
8° and 15° shouldn't be such a difference. And hard to spot.
Old controllers have only a "levels" 0 to 16. One level was something like 8.5 degree (cca). So now is a question if they have now better pass sensors which can detect to degree accuracy. ;)

Neeko DeVinchi

Dec 31, 2020
UK
8° and 15° shouldn't be such a difference. And hard to spot.
Old controllers have only a "levels" 0 to 16. One level was something like 8.5 degree (cca). So now is a question if they have now better pass sensors which can detect to degree accuracy. ;)
I'm pretty sure the torque sensors on the M510 models are the same, regardless of the generation.
Amending the startup angle from 15° to 8° is noticable, as the motor can engage quicker from standstill. Think of it like a rear hub with more points of engagement👍🏿

namastebuzz

Nov 9, 2021
Aberdeenshire
I wonder if they'll go back to the 30 or 32% off they had?

If not, they're starting to appear on the 2nd hand market.

Who will handle warranty stuff once CRC are gone? Do Bafang have a warranty team in the UK?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles