Vitus E-Mythique LT Enduro EMTB - Bargain of the year

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
I couldn't see anyway to stop my ghost shifts in the 11t with the microshift. The replacement deraillier did the same.

I should have just bought a Shimano 11 speed M5100 and swapped it over. I was concerned that I might still have other issues though (probably irrationally) so I bought the linkglide/cues set listed earlier in the thread by @CarolinaCrawler . For some reason you only seem to be able to buy the OEM set like that from China. (cassette/shifter/derailleur/chain).

I tried just changing the derailleur first. For some reason I thought it was the same ratio to the Microshift but I couldn't get it to shift nicely.

So I changed the shifter next .. same problem, so changed the cassette (CS-LG400-10). The Cassette spacing from linkglide/cues is definitely different to the Microshift.

That almost all came off and went in the bin as it wouldn't index properly. Eventually found that if you ignored Shimano's instructions and wound the b screw out as much as possible - you could get nice shifting ! So maybe, I'd have got this in the first place, who knows.

No more ghost shifts and the whole thing shifts nicely. In fairness, pretty similarly to the microshift and I prefer the microshift shifter. The cues one just feels a bit clunky. The u6000 derailleur is absolutely horrible in construction terms. There's so much flex in it round the clutch area. For reference the Deore Linkglide M5130 also fits. It's only rated at 43t but works upto 48t. This is far nicer and generally available for about €30 !

With the Shimano Linkglide G500 chain it felt and sounded tight/binding on the chainring and in the 11t. Also snapped my quicklink tool removing it. Swapped to a SRAM 11s chain and it's super smooth.

jackamo

Subscriber
May 25, 2023
UK
OMG, that was unexpected; I'm a little surprised they can do it. We definitely couldn't do that, it would void our CE accreditation. We have to document every build from start to finish to comply with EU directives and ISO4210-2.
Yes thats why most on the forum are collecting boxed bikes locally from CRC belfast and taking them round the corner to an independent LBC to have them built, costing £75 but the builder knows his stuff and money saved on original price it's a bargin .

VELOMONT

VELOMONT
Aug 9, 2022
ENGLAND
I completely believe a local bike builder knows his stuff and £75 is an absolute a bargain, it costs us lots more to build a bike. Do you actually know anybody who has collected a bundle of individual components? I would be very interested to see if the bike(s) are displaying a CE Label like the one in this picture marked with an arrow?

Screen Shot 2023-11-10 at 14.21.35.png

IcePaws

Sep 7, 2023
UK
I still think this is a contract/payment dispute between CRC/Wiggle Administrators and the courier.

Anything else would be the courier being complicit with a retailer trying to recall bikes for what end?

I’m sure the retailer would much rather be delivering bikes that people have paid for.

I suppose the courier hasn’t got any other message to put on the tracking, hence the ‘wrong warehouse’ one.
CRC have now refunded me the whole cost of the bike (that never arrived). It took 3 weeks from order to refund, having never actually had the bike delivered, but we got there.

A little faith restored in CRC as I didn't need my credit card company to do a section 75 chargeback.

Mysterymanuk

Subscriber
Oct 19, 2023
Scotland
So after two refusals from ArrowXL to deliver the bike they are going to try for a third time tomorrow. According to CRC/Wiggle they have 'sorted out' their issues with the delivery companies. I've even had a call from ArrowXL confirming the delivery window, so I'm feeling strangely optimistic...
Hope it goes well for you.

rolpik

Mar 10, 2022
Surrey, UK
I got mine too! No complaints with ArrowXL’s communication once they decided to deliver the bike. Had a few issues initially with the bike not powering up - seemed that the battery needed to be woken from sleep mode. I’ve yet to do anything more than a ride around the block as I’m waiting for it to stop raining!

nickab

Oct 25, 2023
Sussex
Supo
CRC have now refunded me the whole cost of the bike (that never arrived). It took 3 weeks from order to refund, having never actually had the bike delivered, but we got there.

A little faith restored in CRC as I didn't need my credit card company to do a section 75 chargeback.
I'm in the same position - just waiting a few more working days to see if the refund makes it back to me. 🤞

edit: I've received the refund, so only took a couple of working days. Cheeky Wiggle didn't refund the delivery charge though...but they probably have some smallprint on that so I won't follow it up.

Now need to figure out if I still want an emtb and either look for something else or wait until Wiggle administration is all sorted and go for an e-mythique again :)

Last edited:

IcePaws

Sep 7, 2023
UK
Supo

I'm in the same position - just waiting a few more working days to see if the refund makes it back to me. 🤞

edit: I've received the refund, so only took a couple of working days. Cheeky Wiggle didn't refund the delivery charge though...but they probably have some smallprint on that so I won't follow it up.

Now need to figure out if I still want an emtb and either look for something else or wait until Wiggle administration is all sorted and go for an e-mythique again :)
I had the same (CRC not refunding the delivery on a bike that was never delivered...)

So I asked the credit card company to do an adjustment and got the £20 delivery cost back through them instead. I don't see why I should pay for delivery when it wasn't delivered! Well worth asking your payment provider to do the same.

Mysterymanuk

Subscriber
Oct 19, 2023
Scotland
Supo

Not all small print covers statutory trading laws, some companies make their own terms and conditions (Sports Direct being a prime example), as mentioned above, get in contact with your payment provider to ask for the delivery costs back for a non-delivery of the item.

Mysterymanuk

Subscriber
Oct 19, 2023
Scotland
I finally got a full refund including delivery costs yesterday via my PayPal account. I've decided not to get a full-suspension e-bike at the moment. I will start back to cycling next Spring and in the meantime sell off my other e-bikes.

namastebuzz

Nov 9, 2021
Aberdeenshire
I was dead set on an E Mythique LT then upgrading the fork & brakes.

For £2.3k and with a Bafang setup that could be fixed or replaced yourself it seemed a no-brainer.

I was about to pull the trigger when I saw FB discussions around water ingress. It seems to be extremely prevalent although, obviously, people with a gripe tend to mention their troubles whereas satisfied customers keep quiet.

So, is it a big problem? Is the E Mythique fit for purpose?

Living in NE Scotland most of my rides are in the wet and I don't want a bike I have to pussyfoot around taking it apart & drying it out inside by a heater every time I ride it.

Jimmylowblow

Oct 26, 2023
Uk
I was dead set on an E Mythique LT then upgrading the fork & brakes.

For £2.3k and with a Bafang setup that could be fixed or replaced yourself it seemed a no-brainer.

I was about to pull the trigger when I saw FB discussions around water ingress. It seems to be extremely prevalent although, obviously, people with a gripe tend to mention their troubles whereas satisfied customers keep quiet.

So, is it a big problem? Is the E Mythique fit for purpose?

Living in NE Scotland most of my rides are in the wet and I don't want a bike I have to pussyfoot around taking it apart & drying it out inside by a heater every time I ride it.
Rode mine 6 times across different conditions. Mostly wet and not had an issue. Ive also seen the fb posts and stayed away from a normal wash with the hose and just wiping down. I love it, not had an ebike before, so nothing to compare against. Its very powerful and the over run is really handy.

namastebuzz

Nov 9, 2021
Aberdeenshire
Rode mine 6 times across different conditions. Mostly wet and not had an issue. Ive also seen the fb posts and stayed away from a normal wash with the hose and just wiping down. I love it, not had an ebike before, so nothing to compare against. Its very powerful and the over run is really handy.
Thanks Jimmy.

That's one 👌 at least.

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
Mine's still fine ! Haven't had time to go out on it much over the last few weeks and most of the trails are blocked from storm damage anyway but had it out at the weekend and it continued to impress !

It sounds like most of the ones which have had problems are the switch/display getting moisture in. Not sure if some are assembled differently or it's just washing techniques or luck/bad luck. Most seem to work again once these are dry. I had intended not to wash this one (let it dry and brush it off) but mud levels have made it a necessity for a light shower off once in a while.

Probably also worth taking the none drive side cover off and making sure all the connectors are pushed in properly - this could be the other issue if connectors haven't been pushed all the way in - also relevant at the display.

I guess you could also try wrapping the display/switch in clingfilm if you were really worried. Or squirt ACF-50 everywhere. I have spares just in case but haven't needed them.

skismith

Aug 6, 2019
Hinckley uk
Mine's still fine ! Haven't had time to go out on it much over the last few weeks and most of the trails are blocked from storm damage anyway but had it out at the weekend and it continued to impress !

It sounds like most of the ones which have had problems are the switch/display getting moisture in. Not sure if some are assembled differently or it's just washing techniques or luck/bad luck. Most seem to work again once these are dry. I had intended not to wash this one (let it dry and brush it off) but mud levels have made it a necessity for a light shower off once in a while.

Probably also worth taking the none drive side cover off and making sure all the connectors are pushed in properly - this could be the other issue if connectors haven't been pushed all the way in - also relevant at the display.

I guess you could also try wrapping the display/switch in clingfilm if you were really worried. Or squirt ACF-50 everywhere. I have spares just in case but haven't needed them.
I always cover the display in a plastic bag when washing & transporting on my car, this & the frame wrapped screen has eliminated the water ingress issues I had .

namastebuzz

Nov 9, 2021
Aberdeenshire
I always cover the display in a plastic bag when washing & transporting on my car, this & the frame wrapped screen has eliminated the water ingress issues I had .
That's good to know & useful info. Thanks.

You shouldn't really have to do that though. Should you?

My Tongsheng TSZD2 & Bosch CX equipped bikes have been out in all weathers & been jetwashed numerous times over the past 2yrs & I've never had to look at the electrics.

blacklab14

Oct 16, 2023
Surrey UK
Got my bike and went for my first ride yesterday.... Loved it! However the bike didn't come with the key. CRC are now saying I need to return the bike and they will send me another.... Does anyone know if you can order spare keys or is this what i'm left to do? One of the main selling points for me was removable battery for battery health when storage and transportation.

Berny S

Dec 2, 2023
Guildford
Really enjoyed reading the thread, terrific write up from Zimmerframe!

I am in the market for a do it all e-mtb, I am not keen on shimano or Bosch drivetrain and after seeing Rob's e-mythique vid of the VRS it looks like it pretty much ticks all the boxes for a stock bike which would not need too much in the way of upgrades.

From those who have bought the e-mythique and also have experience of other bikes, does it really punch above its weight in quality vs others around the £4k mark and is it worth the hassle right now with CRC ownership up in the air?

The lack of support and others recent experience of dealing with CRC is a bit of a concern. I could push the button right now on a VRS (price looks good right now) or could go for a mid spec Haibike Allmtn for similar kind of money form my LBS as MysteryManUK was suggesting.

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
From those who have bought the e-mythique and also have experience of other bikes, does it really punch above its weight in quality vs others around the £4k mark and is it worth the hassle right now with CRC ownership up in the air?
I think most people have still been getting support - hopefully this/CRC will continue. There were several interested parties.

There's quite a few heavily discounted bikes around at the moment, so if you're not sure it's probably worth looking around.

As for the Mythique, I think it punches well above its weight. Build and Finish are certainly as good if not better than my Kenevo or Jam2 - I think the paint finish is better on the E-Mythique. Everything about it feels substantial.

I know some people have had water issues with the controllers and displays. Not sure if this is assembly related or just luck/bad luck (as in, I've not had issues so maybe I've just been lucky, though I have spares just in case). One attractive thing about this bike is the theory that it should be easier to fix/diagnose yourself over time, so having some spare bits for diagnosis makes sense for me.

I couldn't get on with the Microshift setup on the VR model with skipping. Changing to a Shimano 11 Speed M5100 derailier for €32 should correct that but I spent €100 and swapped to CUES linkglide cassette, derailleur (which is horrible, but works) and shifter (Microshift one is nicer).

I had a fork issue to start with also, so now have three forks for the bike. I believe that issue is sorted now so shouldn't affect new bikes.

For a bike to live with longer term. It seems great. I still prefer it to the others. Simply, it rides better. It's too early to say what the motor/battery will be like longer term - but so far all seems good.

If the Kenevo, the Jam2 and the Mythique were all the same price and I could ride them all for a week first to try them - I'd buy the Mythique.

Freddy-mountain

Dec 3, 2023
Europe
Hi there, great source for the EMythique here:)
My wife is looking for this one as here first e-bike. Can you pls tell me what the size recommendations from Vitus match to your real world experience? She is 1.78 m which is at the end of M size according to the Vitus page.
I was also looking for a spare battery but couldn’t find anything online.
Lots of questions for a new show, sorry.
Thanks!

Berny S

Dec 2, 2023
Guildford
I think most people have still been getting support - hopefully this/CRC will continue. There were several interested parties.

There's quite a few heavily discounted bikes around at the moment, so if you're not sure it's probably worth looking around.

As for the Mythique, I think it punches well above its weight. Build and Finish are certainly as good if not better than my Kenevo or Jam2 - I think the paint finish is better on the E-Mythique. Everything about it feels substantial.

I know some people have had water issues with the controllers and displays. Not sure if this is assembly related or just luck/bad luck (as in, I've not had issues so maybe I've just been lucky, though I have spares just in case). One attractive thing about this bike is the theory that it should be easier to fix/diagnose yourself over time, so having some spare bits for diagnosis makes sense for me.

I couldn't get on with the Microshift setup on the VR model with skipping. Changing to a Shimano 11 Speed M5100 derailier for €32 should correct that but I spent €100 and swapped to CUES linkglide cassette, derailleur (which is horrible, but works) and shifter (Microshift one is nicer).

I had a fork issue to start with also, so now have three forks for the bike. I believe that issue is sorted now so shouldn't affect new bikes.

For a bike to live with longer term. It seems great. I still prefer it to the others. Simply, it rides better. It's too early to say what the motor/battery will be like longer term - but so far all seems good.

If the Kenevo, the Jam2 and the Mythique were all the same price and I could ride them all for a week first to try them - I'd buy the Mythique.
A ringing endorsement there. I think you said earlier in the thread that you are having as much fun on the e-mythique as your Kenevo or Jam2 and I'm assuming they were more expensive machines. Looks like your suspension is now nicely dialled in. If you had picked up the VRS do you think you would have left the fork and rear shock as stock?

You are not wrong about some great deals to be had right now, its like Christmas! I saw Rob's Nduro bargain video from a few days ago. That bike looks as heavy if not heavier and discounted is a bit more expensive than the e-mythique VRS but is also a long travel, has a Yam motor (also good option IMHO) and is seriously discounted. I was already thinking of picking up a discounted Haibike of some sort because they come with the yam motor until I came accross the E-Mythique which has made me think again. First world problem of course and I'm not complaining! I'm just surprised how a year or so ago there was hardly anything decent for under £5k and now lots of choice, I guess it wont last long.

I did a self build with an old Nukeproof Mega a few years ago, the motor was really impressive but it was a PITA to get it to properly clamp to the frame and kept working lose on the trails. Vitus and Bafang appears to be a pretty good OEM match.

I might have to toss coin :)

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
A ringing endorsement there. I think you said earlier in the thread that you are having as much fun on the e-mythique as your Kenevo or Jam2 and I'm assuming they were more expensive machines. Looks like your suspension is now nicely dialled in. If you had picked up the VRS do you think you would have left the fork and rear shock as stock?

You are not wrong about some great deals to be had right now, its like Christmas! I saw Rob's Nduro bargain video from a few days ago. That bike looks as heavy if not heavier and discounted is a bit more expensive than the e-mythique VRS but is also a long travel, has a Yam motor (also good option IMHO) and is seriously discounted. I was already thinking of picking up a discounted Haibike of some sort because they come with the yam motor until I came accross the E-Mythique which has made me think again. First world problem of course and I'm not complaining! I'm just surprised how a year or so ago there was hardly anything decent for under £5k and now lots of choice, I guess it wont last long.

I did a self build with an old Nukeproof Mega a few years ago, the motor was really impressive but it was a PITA to get it to properly clamp to the frame and kept working lose on the trails. Vitus and Bafang appears to be a pretty good OEM match.

I might have to toss coin :)
It's certainly not easy deciding, ultimately you can't really go that far wrong these days as everything is generally pretty good. Though it was still a surprise that this one was as good as it is for the money.

Yes, I think if I'd had the VRS I'd have left it completely stock - I just couldn't get a VRS at the time. That said, the VR might also have been completely fine stock if the forks hadn't been faulty. I have the forks back, but with an upgraded damper, so can't really test it as a "Stock VR". Again, we're lucky that as time has moved on, even a lot of "lower end" components actually perform really well or as good as many higher end ones - though with less adjustment options & slightly more weight.

I have another rear shock, but I've left the stock one on. Still really happy with how it's performing.

The Jam and the kenevo were both about 2.5 * the price - so yes, more expensive bikes in comparison.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles