Vitus E-Mythique LT Enduro EMTB - Bargain of the year

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
I thought I'd start a thread here for this bike. In my view this is such an important bike, its priced from £3299 for a full power, enduro ebike.

I think this will be a popular ebike for folks looking to get into ebiking and not wanting to spend many thousands more.

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
stats

MY23 - Vitus - Editorial - Press Release - E-Mythique - FINAL (1).jpg 4.jpg 2.jpg Screenshot 2023-08-08 at 13.56.31.png

Last edited:

RustyMTB

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Jul 22, 2020
UK
I like the look of just about everything on that bike. Could see myself wearing out the drive train & upping it to SLX & picking up some bargain suspension off Ebay. Could easy turn that into a high end weapon for a few hundred quid if you're canny.

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
I like the look of just about everything on that bike. Could see myself wearing out the drive train & upping it to SLX & picking up some bargain suspension off Ebay. Could easy turn that into a high end weapon for a few hundred quid if you're canny.
Having been a high end drivetrain rider for a while, i was actually not left wanting for too much even with this budget NX stuff. Yes, shifting requires a long throw of the leaver, its a bit stiff, but worked 100% of the time.

The brakes would be the first thing I'd change (so used to Hope Tech4 V4 power), maybe a stronger wheelset when I bust the stock ones. The tyres are really sticky (40a Durometer) but Id like something with heavier carcass.

Other than that, a banger on price to performance. I rode it down some Triscombe DH and it's pretty incredible just how capable this "budget" bike performs. Geo really is on point.

irie

Subscriber
May 2, 2022
Chichester, W.Sussex, UK
Just what I was thinking ...

RustyMTB

Jul 22, 2020
UK
It's interesting how we all think with upgrades. Where I'm a trail pounder, I always like the idea of a decent drivetrain & plush suspension, the dh focused guys are wheelsets & brakes. Thing is either way that bike has fab geo for not much dollar & after that, everything you could want is easily done. And the Bafang is a draw too.

Anssi

Jul 1, 2023
Helsinki
Do you think one could just drop in an M560 or an M600, have it somewhat work and be able to be limited to 25 km/h? I have legal reasons to want a motor that has more than 250W stamped on it. Or even just add a thumb throttle to the M510, or do you think Vitus has limited that stuff?

Edit: Well, this is sort of moot now since Bikester had the bottom spec VR for 2699€ (sic!). I could not pass that deal by, so let's see if it arrives. I already have a 170mm Zeb with the Charger 3 RC2 upgrade waiting, and will dump a bunch of the stuff the bike comes with cheap and upgrade.

Last edited:

Tooks

Subscriber
Mar 29, 2020
Lincs UK
Looks like a great bike for the money. 👍

My favorite non-eeb is my Vitus Sommet that I got as a frame only and threw some spare parts on it.

They know how to design a bike, and I’m sure this e-Mythique will sell plenty.

PaoPao

Feb 14, 2022
Allgäu
I have two questions about the bike:
Unfortunately, I have found no indication of the max. system weight.
What range will you be able to achieve with the small battery?

Last edited:

Rando_12345

Nov 16, 2022
France
I have two questions about the bike:
Unfortunately, I have found no indication of the max. system weight.
What range will you be able to achieve with the small battery?
25.7kg listed on bikester for the entry level build.

600Wh battery on most systems should give you about 1000m/40km in max assist, or 1500m/50-60km with medium assist.

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
Base one is 160 front travel I think ..

Weirdly, it ticks lots of boxes !

Simple .. Solid .. cheap and simple drive train. Probably crap brakes, but, then I nearly always change them anyway..

Anyway, it's got UDH .. which means you can put a cheap drivetrain on it anyway if you don't like the microshift ..

1691526781465.png

More seriously .. it's a mainstream off the shelf bike with a motor system which is semi repairable and can be tinkered with to a degree ..

Anyway, feck it, obviously been in the sun too long today and who can resist buying a €2699 drive train which comes with a whole free bike ! Bought one.

Rando_12345

Nov 16, 2022
France
Yup it got fixed, I bet someone at bikester said "put the mythique on sale" early in the week, and some other guy just applied a massive discount to all models including the brand new ebike version. If they honour those purchases they are probably losing money on each sale...

Tooks

Subscriber
Mar 29, 2020
Lincs UK
I think like a lot of people on here I have an ongoing case of ‘EMTB Acquisition Syndrome‘ or EAS… Long EAS if you like.

I don’t need another 25kg EMTB, even one with 95Nm or an interesting motor and a battery that would cover me for just about everything I do on an e-bike, so why do I want one?!

I think there‘s something quite refreshing and honest about this bike, sort of a vaccination against £8k e-bike attraction disorder, even the Suntour fork and basic rear shock seem right for it.

Perhaps I’ve been gazing at bikes for too long, or getting bogged down in spec detail or ensuring that everything is mm perfect for my perceived riding prowess. Like the YT video of that Skye trip just posted, if nothing else this bike launch has reminded me that it’s all about getting out there and riding, so thank you for that!

PS Should I get the black or red? 🤔

VWsurfbum

🤴King of Bling🌠
Jan 11, 2021
England
I think like a lot of people on here I have an ongoing case of ‘EMTB Acquisition Syndrome‘ or EAS… Long EAS if you like.

I don’t need another 25kg EMTB, even one with 95Nm or an interesting motor and a battery that would cover me for just about everything I do on an e-bike, so why do I want one?!

I think there‘s something quite refreshing and honest about this bike, sort of a vaccination against £8k e-bike attraction disorder, even the Suntour fork and basic rear shock seem right for it.

Perhaps I’ve been gazing at bikes for too long, or getting bogged down in spec detail or ensuring that everything is mm perfect for my perceived riding prowess. Like the YT video of that Skye trip just posted, if nothing else this bike launch has reminded me that it’s all about getting out there and riding, so thank you for that!

PS Should I get the black or red? 🤔
100% agree, I was going down the thought process of buying it for the wife/daughter (neither of which are riding at the moment) but it does have some strange appeal to it?
Maybe its my addiction to upgrading bikes? for the last 3 years of Heckler ownership, i didn't have to do much and that's given me itchy fingers!
BTW Red is faster.

RustyMTB

Jul 22, 2020
UK
There's something in that. I look at my beloved 2016 150/150mm Lapierre Zesty, an eight year old SUPERBIKE 😂 & when I consider the specs, 66.5 head angle, 74 seat tube, 445 chain stay, I think it's more or less contemporary. I could easily bring the h/a to 63/64 with a £100 angleset, otherwise, the only things that stand out as being past it are the 27.5 wheels, that could be easily changed to a mullet, non boost frame & the funky mid 2010's paint job. Every time I think of selling it on for the latest & greatest, I can't really justify it, it's still a bob on trail bike.

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
I only spent about 10 minutes before ordering one of these. Like most of us, I spend too long evaluating each part and statistic of a bike to work out how close to perfect it will be in my perceived world of EMTB perfection ... This time I had a quick look, couldn't find what I was looking for on the specs and thought sod it, just buy it and ride it.

Vitus have churned out some amazing bikes. The first E-Sommet is still one of the lightest and most capable ebikes out there. (OK, this isn't light, but it's only the same as my Kenevo or Jam2)

I actually don't really mind how it looks. Yes, some of the gusseting is a little agricultural, but it's also probably strong as hell and if you're crap like me, that's pretty important. Trees and rocks are also pretty good at terminally modifying lots of expensive bike parts - so cheaper ones do have a certain appeal - especially if they perform within an acceptable margin of what you're used to.

The M510's been around about 18 months now and is on it's second iteration of controllers (FC2.0). By all accounts it's similarish to the other offerings, but hopefully cheaper/easier to repair/replace. It has the added bonus of no Shimano/Bosch rattle.

Vitus say they've done a lot of work with Bafang on getting the motor right and I know @VMG Chris and their group spent a lot of time developing their own firmware for the VMG bikes (Cool Aussie bikes) , so maybe some of that has tricked down into the mainstream.

There's more battery options and it's not that hard to make one yourself if you want to do something different.

OK, it's not XT XT XT .. so it will be interesting to see how it actually feels, but I can't help but think that it's actually going to be fine. All of my bikes have had something I don't like about them, so it's to be expected.

You can Flash your own firmware with the Besst tool or one of @Dado's K1 Flash or K1 Blackbox 3 boxes. These also let you set and configure most of the other parameters of the motor if you like to play around.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles