Vitus E-Mythique LT Enduro EMTB - Bargain of the year

Freddy-mountain

Dec 3, 2023
Europe
My problem with the keys is I lost both keys and had none to duplicate from.

I have not installed the V3 display. I just put it up as spare.
Just found it again, Thanks to Zimmerframe
1711622602708.png

Deriuqer

Sep 2, 2023
Europe
After a way too long brake, another ride with the Mythique LT.
Changed the shock to a X2 due to curiousity (and an interesting offer). Still working on the suspension settings.
The bikes gives the rider a lot of confidence. The geometry is very well chosen.
Brakes are OK, but more stopping power would be nice. -> Switch to Formular Cura4.
I am still not convinced with the microSHIFT Advent X. Can't shift in the lightest gear. -> Switch to (mecanical) SRAM GX-XO1-Mix.
Did some technical up-hills in Boost Mode. Plenty of power for me. No need for more.
I am still very happy with my choice.

PXL_20240408_155147639.jpg

Last edited:

Deriuqer

Sep 2, 2023
Europe
Probikeshop.com has all 3 Mythique LT Models in all sizes in stock. At very nice prices.

Freddy-mountain

Dec 3, 2023
Europe
They are based in France but also part of the CRC/Signa trouble. I don’t think their website is up to date. Probably the shop will get sold and restart without the suppliers of the “old” shop. At least that’s what happened with Fahrrad.de

J_J_T

Feb 25, 2021
Hyrylä, Finland
My zeron 36 is still not fixed. I contacted bikester and my local bikeshop. Local bikeshop said that they can¨'t do nothing without new piston. And so I need new piston, I try to contact Finnish suntour reseller to get new piston.

Deriuqer

Sep 2, 2023
Europe
My zeron 36 is still not fixed. I contacted bikester and my local bikeshop. Local bikeshop said that they can¨'t do nothing without new piston. And so I need new piston, I try to contact Finnish suntour reseller to get new piston.
My advice is to spend some money and buy a new and better fork. The Rock shox damper is quite good but can't shine if the fork sucks (unbalanced feeling).

J_J_T

Feb 25, 2021
Hyrylä, Finland
My advice is to spend some money and buy a new and better fork. The Rock shox damper is quite good but can't shine if the fork sucks (unbalanced feeling).
Yep, I installed zeb in 170 mm lenght, and I would sell this fork, but its not working well at all at the moment. Bike feels really nice with Zeb. Some ghost shifts are happening, but not too often.

CarolinaCrawler

Jan 30, 2023
North Carolina
Incase anyone was wondering, the stock wheels are really heavy! I picked up a set of Hunt E-Allmountain wheels which I figured was going to add substantial rotating weight but actually not. The stock wheels weigh 2206 grams and and the Hunts weigh 2168 grams!

J_J_T

Feb 25, 2021
Hyrylä, Finland
Incase anyone was wondering, the stock wheels are really heavy! I picked up a set of Hunt E-Allmountain wheels which I figured was going to add substantial rotating weight but actually not. The stock wheels weigh 2206 grams and and the Hunts weigh 2168 grams!
Noticed the same, bike wheels feels a bit heavy in rotating and accelerating. Rear suspension is really good and works really nice. Yesterday I was riding with regular bikes and in road and fire road sections i pedelated without assistant and you can really feel that the wheels are bulky. :)

Anssi

Jul 1, 2023
Helsinki
Another reminder to check spoke tension. I did when I first got the bike and a couple of spokes were very loose on the rear wheel and I tightened them just by feel. Then after a couple of hard rides (gravity riding including a race, but less than 5 hours total on the bike), I noticed the rear wheel was wobbly. Thought I had bent the rim (although the bike was shaking more than it should've with that amount of out-of-trueness), but turned out to be some spokes had come so loose I could turn the nipples by hand.

Did a real truing this time, but I don't think the ST Lights are enough for this bike and 90 kg me and ordered some wheels with DT Swiss FR541 rims.

Last edited:

clSAP

Jun 14, 2021
Chile
Puede que me equivoque, pero pensé que estaban teniendo algunos problemas con el M560. Parece que está construido como un tanque (pero hace ruido).

Creo que probablemente elegiría el M510 FC2.0. Si quieres más potencia que esa, entonces probablemente quieras una e-moto o algo así para tener suficiente capacidad de batería para la potencia/velocidad que estás usando.
tuviste alguna respuesta? Estoy pensando en hacerlo.

Anssi

Jul 1, 2023
Helsinki
Managed to lose my crank end bolt/plug. Any ideas where I should check when I want one in Helsinki ASAP? I can find them on Aliexpress / Greenbikekit, but those will take a long time to arrive.

CarolinaCrawler

Jan 30, 2023
North Carolina
Managed to lose my crank end bolt/plug. Any ideas where I should check when I want one in Helsinki ASAP? I can find them on Aliexpress / Greenbikekit, but those will take a long time to arrive.
I tried a couple off Amazon but the M510 is unique and never got the right one. Wound up ordering a pair from Aliexpress.

CarolinaCrawler

Jan 30, 2023
North Carolina
I may have over heated mine today. It was a hot day, 92 degrees F with near 70% humidity. I rode a hard 10 mile loop trying to beat my PR. I was in mode T the whole time and pushing 90% as hard as I could. Then after that I switched to R mode to knock out some fun laps after the hard ride. Several trails with 3-5 foot drops. It started to go off mid trail and come back on. Did a few other short fun trails and it continued. Then it shut off and wouldn't come back on.

I removed the battery and reinstalled it. There was a faint "hot electrical" smell that came from the battery area. After I put it back in it came on but the first push of a pedal and it would shut off again. I eventually gave up and pedaled it off for around 2 miles out to the main trail. Once back at the main trail I tried it again. It came back on and I pedaled in E around 3 miles back to the car like nothing was ever wrong.

I'm not sure if the motor or battery got warm, but something happened and it died completely. I've got over 500 miles on mine now. It's never done this before, but I've also never ran on R for more than a few feet. Maybe I was just too hard on it?

MiksuFix

Mar 19, 2024
Finland
Has anybody had problem with Vitus E-Mythique LT battery release which? It seems to have lot of play on in and out direction from the frame, 3-4mm. Any resolve suggestion for that?

Anssi

Jul 1, 2023
Helsinki
Has anybody had problem with Vitus E-Mythique LT battery release which? It seems to have lot of play on in and out direction from the frame, 3-4mm. Any resolve suggestion for that?
I have the mega play, but no solution. Took the screw/bolt out and put some threadlocker on the threads, since the screw has come out of some peoples' bikes (seems unrelated to the play).

CarolinaCrawler

Jan 30, 2023
North Carolina
I may have over heated mine today. It was a hot day, 92 degrees F with near 70% humidity. I rode a hard 10 mile loop trying to beat my PR. I was in mode T the whole time and pushing 90% as hard as I could. Then after that I switched to R mode to knock out some fun laps after the hard ride. Several trails with 3-5 foot drops. It started to go off mid trail and come back on. Did a few other short fun trails and it continued. Then it shut off and wouldn't come back on.

I removed the battery and reinstalled it. There was a faint "hot electrical" smell that came from the battery area. After I put it back in it came on but the first push of a pedal and it would shut off again. I eventually gave up and pedaled it off for around 2 miles out to the main trail. Once back at the main trail I tried it again. It came back on and I pedaled in E around 3 miles back to the car like nothing was ever wrong.

I'm not sure if the motor or battery got warm, but something happened and it died completely. I've got over 500 miles on mine now. It's never done this before, but I've also never ran on R for more than a few feet. Maybe I was just too hard on it?

Ok, so I might not have over heated the bike. I've went on two rides since then. The first ride was fine, but a relatively short ride of 10 miles. I did another ride yesterday and begin have problems again. I know it was not a heat issue because I was riding with my wife and was on E or E+ the entire time.

It would randomly cut off and cut back on. This ride had a lot of techy climbs and it would usually happen then. It would also randomly show a error code 35 very briefly. Seems like a power issue. I checked the wires at the display and they were good. I'm going to pull it apart and check all the power connectors and make sure ones not loose. If not I'll look at the battery. I don't feel like it is loose. I have to pry on it a little to get it loose after the latch is retracted. It is very tight. I'm hoping it's just a loose wire.

I am currently running a V3 display. If I don't find anything obvious I will swap the other display and see if that does anything.

Deriuqer

Sep 2, 2023
Europe
Today the electronics really annoyed me.
I left home with the engine off and only turned it on at the destination when I wanted to drive up the mountain.
There was a message saying that 0% battery capacity was available. Switched it off and on again, checked the cables on the display again. Again just 0%.
Then I went up the mountain without motor support, but with an additional 10kg of weight compared to my other mountain bike. A relaxed round turned into fitness training.
At home I checked everything again. I plugged the plug in and out of the display several times and suddenly the Display showed 96% battery power again.
I may have a broken cable on the cable to the control unit, which then causes the error. I will keep an eye on it.
At least the riding characteristics still impress me.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles