Vitus E-Mythique LT Enduro EMTB - Bargain of the year

blacklab14

Oct 16, 2023
Surrey UK
Anyone else having trouble taking the battery out?

Mine gets really stiff and really difficult to take out, any ideas how to help this?

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
Anyone else having trouble taking the battery out?

Mine gets really stiff and really difficult to take out, any ideas how to help this?
How do you mean stiff ? The key, the latch or the physical movement ?

I normally just turn the key anti-clockwise, then when on the none drive side use the forefinger/index finger to rotte the release catch then pull the battery down with my thumb.

It's generally pretty easy to drop down and then pull out.

Could be your mounts need adjusting if you can't identify anywhere else it's catching ?

blacklab14

Oct 16, 2023
Surrey UK
Genuinely just stiff to actually get the battery out. Key and the release catch is fine, but to pop the battery out takes quite some pressure.

Didn't want to start spraying stuff around there to loosen it as don't want to mess up the battery.

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
Genuinely just stiff to actually get the battery out. Key and the release catch is fine, but to pop the battery out takes quite some pressure.

Didn't want to start spraying stuff around there to loosen it as don't want to mess up the battery.
You could spray silicone at the catch end (don't use wd40) which might free things up and use your fingers/key/latch to make sure everything's moving correctly.

Does it drop the first couple of centimeters (inch) quite easily and then tighten, or consistently tight ?

If it was catching you should see some marks on the battery.

CarolinaCrawler

Jan 30, 2023
North Carolina
My battery is tight like that. I have to grab the edge of the battery with my fingertips and pry it out (sometimes painful). My wife's on the other hand will almost fall out when you turn the key and the latch.

I'm not messing with mine because I would rather it be tight. Seems a lot of the water ingress issues come from the battery area. I removed my wife's upper mount to see if it had part numbers on it and to figure out how it works. After I reinstalled it, the battery was tighter but still not as tight as mine.

blacklab14

Oct 16, 2023
Surrey UK
My battery is tight like that. I have to grab the edge of the battery with my fingertips and pry it out (sometimes painful). My wife's on the other hand will almost fall out when you turn the key and the latch.

I'm not messing with mine because I would rather it be tight. Seems a lot of the water ingress issues come from the battery area. I removed my wife's upper mount to see if it had part numbers on it and to figure out how it works. After I reinstalled it, the battery was tighter but still not as tight as mine.
This is basically it. it will come out after a few bent fingernails haha

and very few marks on the battery, agree i'd rather have a tighter fit for waterproofing purposes. Just don't have power in the garage so take the battery out to charge in-house. Trying to see if I can make a tool that takes the battery out less painful... or whether a tyre lever could do the job.

Just wasn't sure if i was alone or not...

CarolinaCrawler

Jan 30, 2023
North Carolina
You could spray silicone at the catch end (don't use wd40)
This is something that I preach every day. WD40 is not a lubricant. Please never use it as such. Once it dries it becomes very sitcky like a varnish. It will attract every piece of dirt or grim it comes across.

I've been using a silicon based product like @Zimmerframe says for years. I use it professionally almost every day and I also use it on bikes. I wipe stantions and dropper post with it after every wash.

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
I don't think I've adjusted the battery on the E-Mythique.

It's a regular event on my Bosch bike or there's a rattle which p155es me off when you hit the fun stuff.

The top catch looks unadjustable :

1709559974112.png

I guess you do it Bosch style at the bottom with the bike upside down so the battery weight is pushing on the key end ? Though too lose rather than too tight is the issue there normally.

CarolinaCrawler

Jan 30, 2023
North Carolina
I don't think I've adjusted the battery on the E-Mythique.

It's a regular event on my Bosch bike or there's a rattle which p155es me off when you hit the fun stuff.

The top catch looks unadjustable :

View attachment 135677

I guess you do it Bosch style at the bottom with the bike upside down so the battery weight is pushing on the key end ? Though too lose rather than too tight is the issue there normally.
Best I can tell, there is no adjustment on the lower mount either. It has the three screws through the downtube just like the top tube. The only bad thing is they are covered by one of the stick on protectors. You would have to remove the pad to remove the screws.

I struggled adjusting my wife's seatpost height due to the dropper cable housing getting caught. I had to remove the motor (which is not fun without a chainring tool) to get it fixed. It was caught somewhere at the lower battery mount. I wanted to remove the lower mount to fix it but gave up due to not wanting to damage the pad. I wound up working it loose somehow. I've now removed her dropper and installed a new one and the housing still move great.

Freddy-mountain

Dec 3, 2023
Europe
Hi, the top was moving in my case as the lock was no longer in line with the hole in the frame. I have loosened the outside and inside and was able to move the lock back in place. Looking at Zimmerframes photos it appears that the lock can be adjusted on the alloy profile? My quick repair was working for me so I didnt bother taking everything apart.

With regards to water ingress i have started to use a neoprene sleeve as it will keep 90% of dirt and water out of the battery joints. Its btw also a 2 min job to clean afterwards. Cable ways have been sealed with a bit of mastix

It is such a shame that we cannot order spares anymore from CRC as they have some interesting parts. So if anyone would volunteer to be our UK post agent feel free to post me :)

Last edited:

Jimmylowblow

Oct 26, 2023
Uk
Hi, the top was moving in my case as the lock was no longer in line with the hole in the frame. I have loosened the outside and inside and was able to move the lock back in place. Looking at Zimmerframes photos it appears that the lock can be adjusted on the alloy profile? My quick repair was working for me so I didnt bother taking everything apart.

With regards to water ingress i have started to use a neoprene sleeve as it will keep 90% of dirt and water out of the battery joints. Its btw also a 2 min job to clean afterwards. Cable ways have been sealed with a bit of mastix

It is such a shame that we cannot order spares anymore from CRC as they have some interesting parts. So if anyone would volunteer to be our UK post agent feel free to post me :)
Your out of luck with parts from crc, all reduced to 99p (controller £19.99) yesterday, everything sold out in 2 mins.

Freddy-mountain

Dec 3, 2023
Europe
Well that’s probably now the final chapter after CRC seems to be sold now.
I really hope they and their associated brands get a chance to move on. Sorry for the OT

namastebuzz

Nov 9, 2021
Aberdeenshire
Well, I pulled the pin & got the VRX for £2430. Along with a spare loom.

I wanted a VR & was gonna upgrade the fork but they'd sold out (at £1800).

I've got Magura MT5s to go on it & some Hope wheels & Maxxis tyres.

I really don't want 12spd so I'll sell the drivetrain along with the wheels, tyres and brakes. Then put on 10spd Deore.

PS - they still have bashguards for 99p

Neeko DeVinchi

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Dec 31, 2020
UK
Quick update,
received_381579391464696.png

I'm slowly getting details as to particular parts on both the E-Mythique and E-Sentier.
received_1864701117376701.png
received_261870370297543.png
received_1818081108708246.png
received_322020040864871.png

Please kindly bear with me. I'll update the thread further, once I've got confirmation as to who and where you need to go for parts👍🏿

namastebuzz

Nov 9, 2021
Aberdeenshire
I guess you can get warranty direct with Bafang for their components and Rockshox, Suntour, SRAM etc for theirs if you have to.

All Vitus supply is the frame & hubs. I've seen frames for under £200 on eBay already & I've never had a sturdily built alloy frame fail by itself - it's been me that's broken them. If a hub fails you rebuild the wheel with a Hope one.

I wanted a Bafang powered bike because you have a chance if fixing it yourself and you can source spares readily.

At virtually half price I consider it worth the risk.

CarolinaCrawler

Jan 30, 2023
North Carolina
The only thing I worry about is frame hardware (pivot bolts, trunion bolts, etc) but there are options to get those made. I believe @TCFlowClyde had some hardware made for a reasonable price.

The bearings appear to be standard bearings that shouldn’t be hard to source. I plan on keeping this bike around for some time, I truly enjoy it.

Neeko DeVinchi

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Dec 31, 2020
UK
Quick update.

I may end up starting a different thread, as the following is somewhat delving into "DIY" territory.
But. I am now learning about 48v battery packs which uses the same dimensions and potentially the same battery mounting design as the existing BTF16 630wh battery.

I'm awaiting on verified details (price, capacity, weight etc) from my contacts. If its legitimate, then this will prompt me to modify the E-Mythique Lt further.

In addition, this means that the E-Mythique Lt can potentially support the M560 motor (or the M510 with better efficiency).

I'll keep you all posted one way or another👍🏿

namastebuzz

Nov 9, 2021
Aberdeenshire
Quick update.

I may end up starting a different thread, as the following is somewhat delving into "DIY" territory.
But. I am now learning about 48v battery packs which uses the same dimensions and potentially the same battery mounting design as the existing BTF16 630wh battery.

I'm awaiting on verified details (price, capacity, weight etc) from my contacts. If its legitimate, then this will prompt me to modify the E-Mythique Lt further.

In addition, this means that the E-Mythique Lt can potentially support the M560 motor (or the M510 with better efficiency).

I'll keep you all posted one way or another👍🏿
Nice one.

The idea of being able to convert the E-Mythique to a 750w 48v M560 is one reason that I bought one.

CarolinaCrawler

Jan 30, 2023
North Carolina
Speaking of battery, what would be the best way to go about getting another set of keys for the battery release? I accidentally left the battery keys on the bumper of the car and drove off. 😡

I would love to convert it to a simple tool release, but there doesn't seem to be an easy way to do that. For now I just can't remove my battery until I can find another key.
As an update to this, I contacted a Bafang supplier on Aliexpress and ordered a new upper battery mount. All I did was tell her the battery model and she was able to find the correct one. She sent a pic to confirm. It took a while but I received it and everything was good. It uses a completely different key blank than the other two lock I have. I guess there's no "standard" in that department.

I drilled the old lock out and swapped the new upper mount in. Went as expected except this time I locktited the crap out if the crew that holds the little knob on!

I really was wanting to convert to a "keyless" battery removal so if needed I could remove the battery on the trail. I couldn't find an easy way to do this. I was worried about removing the pins in the lock because there would be no detent keeping the cylinder from turning. After installing the new battery mount I realized it was pretty stiff turning the lock until the locking pin disengages the battery. So I removed the upper mount and pulled all the pins out. I reinstalled the mount and have about 30 miles on it with no problems. I've done several 3-5ft drops with no problem. The key slot hasn't turned a bit on it's own. After I get around 100 trouble free miles on the mod I'll convert the wife's bike and document the procedure.

CarolinaCrawler

Jan 30, 2023
North Carolina
I went through Anna Chen at Changzhou Fieldebikes. Great to deal with. The upper battery mount was 12 dollars but I ordered a DPC245 V3 and a wheel speed sensor kit along with the battery mount as spares. All parts were $92 US. They air shipped it and shipping was 24 dollars. Adding the Alibaba fee and tax it was 130 shipped to my door. It took them 5 days to ship the order and about a week and a half for it to get to me.

Freddy-mountain

Dec 3, 2023
Europe
I went through Anna Chen at Changzhou Fieldebikes. Great to deal with. The upper battery mount was 12 dollars but I ordered a DPC245 V3 and a wheel speed sensor kit along with the battery mount as spares. All parts were $92 US. They air shipped it and shipping was 24 dollars. Adding the Alibaba fee and tax it was 130 shipped to my door. It took them 5 days to ship the order and about a week and a half for it to get to me.
Thanks. Sounds like good package. I am also looking into a spare display right now but remember reading some issues with the v3 version. Did it overwrite the original settings? Have to look it up again.
With regards to the keys, my local shop was able to provide me a copy for 5€ each

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles