BEST EMTB SingleTrack Trail of the Year 2021 - THE SINGLE BOOT EMTB XC RIDE

BOTG

Oct 28, 2020
Edo
I think your response says it all - what you have written is really interesting to hear, and would make the basis of great stuff to watch - as I said it my original post but perhaps didn’t make to clear is that the production and presentation of your boss is great, and getting better all the time, and I would say your hard work is paying off on that front.

My reference to the title of the video is that for me I would have called it “ my best EMTB Singletrack of the year” because calling it the best when it’s obviously not puts me off watching the video, but seeing what your best track of the year to have fun on is interesting, if that makes sense?

So in a way what I am saying is if your content just reflects your experience more then it’ll probably get better and better.

The bike industry and tech and associated bullshit is a mindfuck at the best of times and digging into how you wade though that and just focus on the joy of riding and learning is always 👍

Ah I get you now, I suppose the title made it sound matter of fact.. That wasn't my intention, I meant for me it was trail of the year.. I have changed the title of the video on youtube and the thumbnail. Thanks R1, it's so easy to become blinkered with your own content when you put so much effort in, its good to get others perspective. I did have a few videos on fixing certain things on the bike, and got lbs to watch and see if all was ok.. he said yes all good.. how ever he also said.. everyone's an expert and will have an opinion on what wrong with it. So i didn't release them .. gulp.

I still think showing mistakes makes people realise your not fake, I learn from my mistakes as do I hope my subscribers. :p

A.

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
Also one last thing - every time I see your user name I think it refers to you owning a YT, but I guess it means You Tube - perhaps Boots on the ground EMTB might work better?

Half the time I click on your posts because I think it’s got YT content and then remeber it doesn’t. But maybe that’s just me being not the sharpest tool in the box 😆

BOTG

Oct 28, 2020
Edo
Also one last thing - every time I see your user name I think it refers to you owning a YT, but I guess it means You Tube - perhaps Boots on the ground EMTB might work better?

Half the time I click on your posts because I think it’s got YT content and then remember it doesn’t. But maybe that’s just me being not the sharpest tool in the box 😆
Yachting? ha ha... The bike kills my wallet as it is. A boat ha ha... no chance..

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
A few points;
1. About 4 minutes in you start telling us about this great singletrack that didn't make the cut while riding a tarmac section that did. Why? No one wants to see tarmac.
2. If it's wide enough to drive a car down it, it's not singletrack, better just to call it a trail IMO.
3. More tarmac...
4. More doubletrack.
5. During the summary you mention woods and forests but didn't feature them.

The production is ok but the content just doesn't hit the spot for me I'm afraid.

A little unfair to say I am not an accomplished rider,

I can't comment on your riding in that video as you didn't show anything remotely technical. Have a look at people like BCPov and Vangirl Yuka to accomplished amateur riders.

BOTG

Oct 28, 2020
Edo
Yorkshire humour is hard to describe. Lots of innuendo thrown in for good measure. BTW what ever happened to Mudfy Fox? They were really big at one point and the name is great.

BOTG

Oct 28, 2020
Edo
A few points;
1. About 4 minutes in you start telling us about this great singletrack that didn't make the cut while riding a tarmac section that did. Why? No one wants to see tarmac.
2. If it's wide enough to drive a car down it, it's not singletrack, better just to call it a trail IMO.
3. More tarmac...
4. More doubletrack.
5. During the summary you mention woods and forests but didn't feature them.

The production is ok but the content just doesn't hit the spot for me I'm afraid.

I can't comment on your riding in that video as you didn't show anything remotely technical. Have a look at people like BCPov and Vangirl Yuka to accomplished amateur riders.
There was so much footage I couldn't show it all. You can't compare somebody with 2k subs to BCPov come on now. Be fair.

I'm one man with a go pro I don't have an editor or anyone to film me riding. Anything positive?

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
There was so much footage I couldn't show it all.
Yet you showed tarmac twice.
You can't compare somebody with 2k subs to BCPov come on now. Be fair.
That comparison was regarding riding ability, not video content.
I'm one man with a go pro I don't have an editor or anyone to film me riding. Anything positive?
The production is ok
I'm not going to blow smoke up your arse. You asked for feedback, it's not always going to be positive.

KnollyBro

E*POWAH Elite
Dec 3, 2020
Vancouver
There was so much footage I couldn't show it all. You can't compare somebody with 2k subs to BCPov come on now. Be fair.

How about put the interesting footage that would make people want to go ride around that area and drop the part where you ride on the road? Also, BCPov edits his own videos, on a laptop, in a van, where he lives full time, with his wife. He shoots his POV videos using a GoPro. You seem to have other people riding with you, get them to film you or do it yourself. Quality over quanity will always be an improvement.
If you want to step up to the Big League and be taken seriously, stop making excuses. If you are looking for people to agree with you on a Forum, you will need to stay in your lane. 🤔

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
WHAT ?! You mean single track isn't trails reserved solely for Mountain bikers interesting in dating ?? This explains much of the negativity I've received with some of my trail side suggestions.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles