Trek Rail Purple Flip - paint repairs

IanB-UK

Sep 9, 2021
Sussex
Hey everyone. I fitted a rear mudguard and thought I’d been clever with it but after two rides noticed that I had missed where it was rubbing on the seat stay (as pictured). I now have two spots (one each side) that are completely down to the metal, maybe about the size of a 5p or slightly smaller.

has anyone found a decent touch up that matches the purple flip? Can anyone recommend any sticker options that might help cover it up and protect the exposed metal?

many thanks
A3296B2D-034F-439A-A906-738C2D4D1E87.jpeg

Davidwylie

Feb 7, 2020
Leicestershire
Best solution by far and has been talked about on here many times ... Get yourself down to one of those shops all the teenage girls go to with your battery in a bag and match up the colour to a nail varnish ... Thousands of colours in nail polish and they all love a flip/metallic colour these days (y)
It helps if you have a teenage daughter to go into the shop with ... you dont want to look like a weirdo traveling around all the girls accessories shops on your own 😂

IanB-UK

Sep 9, 2021
Sussex
Best solution by far and has been talked about on here many times ... Get yourself down to one of those shops all the teenage girls go to with your battery in a bag and match up the colour to a nail varnish ... Thousands of colours in nail polish and they all love a flip/metallic colour these days (y)
It helps if you have a teenage daughter to go into the shop with ... you dont want to look like a weirdo traveling around all the girls accessories shops on your own 😂
I had read this, and was hoping someone else may have already done the leg work 😆 guess I need to get down to my local nail shop then with my daughter in tow!!
Thanks 😊

Davidwylie

Feb 7, 2020
Leicestershire
I had read this, and was hoping someone else may have already done the leg work 😆 guess I need to get down to my local nail shop then with my daughter in tow!!
Thanks 😊

If you get the old school nail varnish that smell of acetone/peardrops , these are based on nitrocellulose resin, which is the same type of resin old cellulose paint for cars was based on. This works really well on aluminium and sticks like s**T to a blanket. I know this from 30+ years manufacturing these types of coatings for all kinds of printing.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles