Other dull paint work TRek rail 5.

Jan 26, 2023
England
i have got a trek rail 5, its only about 5 months old but the paint work on the down tube has gone really dull. its still very glossy around the knock block and you can feel the difference if you run your fingers from the knock block, smooth and shiny to dull further down the down tube as if there is less paint. tried muc off polish but it makes no difference. its like a few layers of paint have rubbed off. anybody else had this issue? can anything be done?

JP-NZ

E*POWAH Elite
Feb 17, 2022
Christchurch - New Zealand
i have got a trek rail 5, its only about 5 months old but the paint work on the down tube has gone really dull. its still very glossy around the knock block and you can feel the difference if you run your fingers from the knock block, smooth and shiny to dull further down the down tube as if there is less paint. tried muc off polish but it makes no difference. its like a few layers of paint have rubbed off. anybody else had this issue? can anything be done?
The reason why ridewrap and invisframe ride protection kits are so popular. Sadly not much you can do now except pay for a respray.

Sander23

Aug 28, 2020
Belgium
If your not trough the color of the paint you can polish it it to a gloss finish and then put a protective layer/wrap on top.

Stuff like this with the correct pads, polishing by hand or with a small polishmachine
20230411_215625.jpg

Ark

Mar 8, 2023
Newcastle Upon Tyne
The reason why ridewrap and invisframe ride protection kits are so popular.
I'm sure bikes used to use thicker paint and gloss. my old bikes the finish on the frames still look brand new with a bit of gt85 and a microfibre , no chips in the paint nothing

irie

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
May 2, 2022
Chichester, W.Sussex, UK

Clean it up then get it Invisiframed or Ridewrapped. If you bought your Rail from a local shop then perhaps you could get them to do this FOC.

Got our Rail 5's Invisiframed as soon as we got them so obviously can't see if the paint is thin or bloomed etc.

Jan 26, 2023
England
Clean it up then get it Invisiframed or Ridewrapped. If you bought your Rail from a local shop then perhaps you could get them to do this FOC.

Got our Rail 5's Invisiframed as soon as we got them so obviously can't see if the paint is thin or bloomed etc.
yes... im going to give this ago.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles