Trans Cambrian Way Info (Bike set-up, kit, maps, accomodation etc.)

Sep 13, 2018
Leominster
Hello eee'Bers,
After my WORLD FIRST crossing of Mid Wales via the Trans Cambrian Way, solo on an e-Bike (Yes, I'm gona milk this to death), I have put together all the info which would be adventurers will need to give it a go and you must. Its a bit late in the year now to start planning this epic ride but here is all the info you will need to start planning next years ride. I think I've covered everything off but if anyone has and questions at all, no matter how silly you think it is, please ask, hopefully I will be able to answer it. If you have Memory Maps and you want the GPX files for each stage, send me your email and I'll send them on but you can easily plot the routes using the screenshots.

Point to note:
Day 1 shows the route ending at the Beili Neuadd bunkhouse. I cancelled this and stayed at the Crown Inn right in the middle of town.

Videos of the 3 stages will be a while - new laptop ordered but I'll be sure to bang on about my WORLD FIRST e-bike crossing of Wales via the TCW (Sorry, I did warn you).
This really is a 'must do' ride, its epic. Best time is now, autumn due to the colours.

OK, that's it, get stuck into the attached docs and start dreaming of next year. I will definitely be doing this again, similar time next year.

Keep the faith!
Happy eee'Bing!!

Andy aka Old Northern (e)MTB'er

Attachments

• Stage 1 Mem-Map Routes.pdf
    2.4 MB · Views: 886
  • Stage 2 Mem-Map Routes.pdf
    4 MB · Views: 1,451
  • Stage 3 Mem-Map Routes.pdf
    4 MB · Views: 664
  • TCW Post Ride Info.pdf
    1.7 MB · Views: 615
Last edited:

mark.ai

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Jul 10, 2018
Windermere
Sounds like an awesome trip :) And agree about Autumn - looks like plenty of opportunity along the route for amazing scenery!

I've just been trying to find a map of the entire Trans Cambrian Way to see where it fits in Wales and this is the only one I've found so far - do you know if there is a better one?
image69.jpg

Sep 13, 2018
Leominster
Sounds like an awesome trip :) And agree about Autumn - looks like plenty of opportunity along the route for amazing scenery!

I've just been trying to find a map of the entire Trans Cambrian Way to see where it fits in Wales and this is the only one I've found so far - do you know if there is a better one?
View attachment 6479
All the maps are attached to my post. OS 1:25k. Can you open the PDF files??

mark.ai

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Jul 10, 2018
Windermere
Yep can see the maps in the PDFs and they are cool for the details, thanks :) But I was interested to see an overview as well - I had no idea if the route was straight across Wales or wiggled about - and it looks like it wiggles!

Sep 13, 2018
Leominster
Yep can see the maps in the PDFs and they are cool for the details, thanks :) But I wasted interested to see an overview as well - I had no idea if the route was straight across Wales or wiggled about - and it looks like it wiggles!
Oh its wiggly alright. Stage 2.....Rhayader to Llangurig by road, 12 miles, 17 mins. You go 44 in around 6 hours minimum ?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles