Ebike to >>>> bike - Conversion kit

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
This came up a few times a long long time ago but I can't find the threads.

At the time it was suggested you should be able to jut buy a bracket to replace your motor if you wanted to ride without it and the battery.

In this case, someone's e8000 failed and the battery was knackered so they created a bracket and bought a new SAM2 instead.

f1.jpg

f2.jpg

f3.jpg

f4.jpg

Bracket is 650g in steel.

Found it on facebook and I don't normally do facebook, so have no idea how to share a post.. But all credit goes to Stuart Richardson from York.

Tonybro

🦾 The Bionic Man 🦿
Subscriber
Jan 15, 2021
Lancashire
Well done, him! Probably took about 6Kg out of it. Still a heavy full suspension normal MTB but better than scrapping it completely...

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
Well done, him! Probably took about 6Kg out of it. Still a heavy full suspension normal MTB but better than scrapping it completely...
I dunno, it's only about 20kg's standard with battery and motor .. so could be around 15kg's - stump jumper territory. Remember these were Orbea Rise's before paying more for less was considered cool.

Tonybro

🦾 The Bionic Man 🦿
Subscriber
Jan 15, 2021
Lancashire
Don't use arsebook so not clicking the link. Shame it didn't work. Wonder what the issue was?

cemoz

Jul 12, 2020
Australia
Great idea, would give a longer life to these bikes once the motors are no longer supported. Inbuilt storage space for a bit of bike packing or sly trip to the bottle shop?

Dirtnvert

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Sep 25, 2018
BC Canada
I saw that on milfbook i'd like one. Ive been saying from day 1 that bikes should come with one along with a blank battery cover for how much it would cost a bike company and the headaches itd save them when a customer is waiting for their warrantee motor. I think he mentioned building adapters to swap in other motors as well possibly bafang

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles