Tq hpr50 built in power and cadence meter, wrong data

Borut

Mar 21, 2021
Slovenia
Did someone noticed, that data about power input from user also cadence is 35...to 40% less then real, i did test with garmin rally pedals, and data from pedals show avarage 198w, tq data say 135w...thats a big difference i also did test with levo sl and garmin rally pedals, and difference is minimal myb 5%....

Edbel

Apr 29, 2023
United States
Hi Borut. I recently bought a Trek Domane+ SLR6 with the TQ motor and have been experiencing the exact same power issue. It seems a software upgrade would fix this issue but neither my local shop connections to Trek/TQ or my direct inquiries to TQ have provided any feedback. It is frustrating for me to not have accurate power data during rides and afterwards to gage my fitness levels. I hope I will not need to purchase power meter pedals to solve the problem.

Borut

Mar 21, 2021
Slovenia
Tq answer me that new software update will solve that...but my LBS dont have dongle yet...and i have other isssues with motor still....i dont understand tq...how they can put so...half product on market in expensive bikes

Edbel

Apr 29, 2023
United States
After I went back to my bike shop and had a software update last week, I realized the power inaccuracy was still there. I then received a standard letter from TQ in Germany stating they are aware of the issue but are more focused on other aspects of their motor. The letter suggested using a 3rd party power meter. I now have a Garmin Rk100 and see the inaccuracies running 32% lower than my actual power. Granted this was a 1 hour test running 100’/mile climbing at 14 mph.

Mteam

E*POWAH Elite
Aug 3, 2020
gone
Are you guys using the trek central app to obtain the power meter data from the motor?

have you also tried using a 3rd party app that can connect to the motor ( like Garmin connect via a Garmin GPS device), it may be that the trek central app is processing the data incorrectly ,and another app would get correct data.

I use Garmin connect via a fenix 6 watch, and the data doesn't look hugely inaccurate

Borut

Mar 21, 2021
Slovenia
Data send from Motor is wrong, also this influences on motor consumption of power and power delivery i think tq is aware of that problem. I owe lumen and compared to levo sl on lumen my wattage input is 20% or more less then on levo sl.
This is 100% not ok from tq. But still much better compared to old sw and motor version

BuzzCanada

Nov 23, 2022
Canada
Did someone noticed, that data about power input from user also cadence is 35...to 40% less then real, i did test with garmin rally pedals, and data from pedals show avarage 198w, tq data say 135w...thats a big difference i also did test with levo sl and garmin rally pedals, and difference is minimal myb 5%....
I had the exact same findings.

PeVaPu

Nov 30, 2023
Belgium
It is a known issue of TQ, the only thing we can do is complain heavily !

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles