Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 6, 2019
España
The ANT+ protocol is not yet implemented in BLEvo.. Also this is in the TODO list..
A great success, I think it would also be interesting to connect external power meters (through ANT + or Bluetooth). I use one on the road bike, I installed it in the Turbo Levo and through the Garmin I saw that the data is much more accurate. With a more accurate external power meter the Smart Power would be perfect.

Maastricht

E*POWAH Master
Oct 3, 2018
M
Hi Guys,

Yesterday I had a bad Levo day as the bike didn't want to connect with the BV6000 with Android 7.0 anymore. Believe me I have tried everything. Strange thing was that both MC and BLEvo were not able to connect anymore. I also switched the phone back to factory settings. Really nothing helped.

In the end I tried to connect the bike to my iphone where both the ios MC and BLEvo app gave instant and stable connection. Then I remembered I have an old Samsung Tablet. I installed MC and BLEvo on the Samsung Tablet which is running on Android 5.0.2. Also there the connection was stable and instant.

Still had the issue with the BV6000 connection. Then I started to Google around and I found this post:
Bluetooth (and apps using it) will degrade their playback performance if battery saver option is enabled. This is due to an aggressive battery policy made by google, as this problem is not only present in blackview smartphones but also in google's ones!

You must disable the battery optimization optionfor the bluetooth services and for every app that will use bluetooth to transmit data (spotify, music player, and so on...) After that, your bluetooth performance will be perfect.

How to?

1) Go to settings -> Battery
2) Tap on the "3 dots" in the upper right corner of the app
3) Tap on "Battery optimization"
4) Select "All apps" from the drop down menu
5) Tap on the desired app and select "Don't optimize"

As i wrote before, you have to disable battery optimization for every bluetooth service (Bluetooth MIDI service, BT Tool, Bluetooth sharing) and for every app that will use bluetooth to transmit data (your music player, Call manager, telephone dialer app and so on). You will find everything in the "All apps" list in the Battery optimization settings.

I tried the settings above on the BV6000 for both the MC and BLEvo app. Guess what, connection is stable and instant again. As an ios user I am still amazed about all these hidden Android settings. The devil seems to be in the details...

I hope this post can help others too. Please let us know too if it has helped then I know also for sure this must have been the issue. I know there were many people with MC and BLEvo connection issues with the new 2019 Levo.

Last edited:

PaoloBLEvo

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
Hi Guys,

Yesterday I had a bad Levo day as the bike didn't want to connect with the BV6000 with Android 7.0 anymore. Believe me I have tried everything. Strange thing was that both MC and BLEvo were not able to connect anymore. I also switched the phone and back to factory settings. Really nothing helped.

In the end I tried to connect the bike to my iphone where both the ios MC and BLEvo app gave instant and stable connection. Then I remembered I have an old Samsung Tablet. I installed MC and BLEvo on the Samsung Tablet which is running on Android 5.0.2. Also there the connection was stable and instant.

Still had the issue with the BV6000 connection. Then I started to Google around and I found this post:
Bluetooth (and apps using it) will degrade their playback performance if battery saver option is enabled. This is due to an aggressive battery policy made by google, as this problem is not only present in blackview smartphones but also in google's ones!

You must disable the battery optimization optionfor the bluetooth services and for every app that will use bluetooth to transmit data (spotify, music player, and so on...) After that, your bluetooth performance will be perfect.

How to?

As i wrote before, you have to disable battery optimization for every bluetooth service (Bluetooth MIDI service, BT Tool, Bluetooth sharing) and for every app that will use bluetooth to transmit data (your music player, Call manager, telephone dialer app and so on). You will find everything in the "All apps" list in the Battery optimization settings.

I tried the settings above on the BV6000 for both the MC and BLEvo app. Guess what, connection is stable and instant again. As an ios user I am still amazed about all these Android settings. The devil seems to be in the details...

I hope this post can help others too. Please let us know too if it has helped then I know also for sure this must have been the issue. I know there were many people with MC and BLEvo connection issues with the new 2019 Levo.
Thanks @Maastricht ..
In the next release I will add a check at startup to check if the optimiser is present for BLEvo or not..
I hope this can solve all the connection issues..

Tim69

Feb 25, 2019
Israel
Hi! total newbie here to ebikes in general and the LEVO in particular. but had to chime in here to say how much i love my bike and the BLevo app!
just bought me a new 2018 KENEVO, and after trying out the mission control app...well..you know!?
instaled BLevo !!! and WOW!!!!
Thank you PAOLO!!!!!! for this amazing app.!
It makes it a totally different and even more amazing bike!!!
Tim.

xcentric

Feb 2, 2019
Market Drayton
The ANT+ protocol is not yet implemented in BLEvo.. Also this is in the TODO list..
Hi Paolo - if you have any idea when it would be available, that would be great - am in the same heart strap quandary at the moment, and knowing it's imminent would mean I'd wait - and if it's a month or more, then I'll bite the buying bullet.....

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
Hi Paolo - if you have any idea when it would be available, that would be great - am in the same heart strap quandary at the moment, and knowing it's imminent would mean I'd wait - and if it's a month or more, then I'll bite the buying bullet.....
I didn't planned yet.. I think it will take more than one month... I hope in 6 months it will be available, but I cannot grant anything.. Sorry but I develop during my free time..

galaga187

E*POWAH Master
Apr 15, 2018
Wroughton
A great success, I think it would also be interesting to connect external power meters (through ANT + or Bluetooth). I use one on the road bike, I installed it in the Turbo Levo and through the Garmin I saw that the data is much more accurate. With a more accurate external power meter the Smart Power would be perfect.
Do you have any numbers on how far out the numbers are please? I will do a test soon comparing Levo to Garmin Vector 2 pedals but I am having a lot of fun just riding the bike with Blevo.

Feb 6, 2019
España
Do you have any numbers on how far out the numbers are please? I will do a test soon comparing Levo to Garmin Vector 2 pedals but I am having a lot of fun just riding the bike with Blevo.
I could see that the external potentiometer was more progressive, more linear and faster in the data communication, the Turbo Levo goes with a little delay in transmitting the information and with little progressivity to increase and decrease the watts (I have to comment which is the Turbo Levo 2019 and version 2.019). I have ordered the iQ2 potentiometer iQsquare, this also works via Bluetooth, so I think it might be more feasible to synchronize with the BLEvo application and thus have a perfect Smart Power. I take this opportunity to congratulate Paolo for this magnificent application and above all for attention given to all of us, he has turned a great Ebike into an almost perfect Ebike.

NigelW

Aug 18, 2018
Hi Guys,

Yesterday I had a bad Levo day as the bike didn't want to connect with the BV6000 with Android 7.0 anymore. Believe me I have tried everything. Strange thing was that both MC and BLEvo were not able to connect anymore. I also switched the phone back to factory settings. Really nothing helped.

How to?

I tried the settings above on the BV6000 for both the MC and BLEvo app. Guess what, connection is stable and instant again. As an ios user I am still amazed about all these hidden Android settings. The devil seems to be in the details...

Maastricht

Thanks for this, have just managed to get my hands on the slightly smaller BV4000 to use with the levo and was beginning to set it up, so this will I am sure saved me some time and frustration.

Cheers

Nigel

NigelW

Aug 18, 2018
All,

Looking for some set up tips for the app, I used it this weekend and did a 20 mile ride that had some punchy climbs and a bit of everything, and i am in the process of tweaking the Smart HR and Power settings, I am wanting to see how far I can tweak the settings to get max distance.

This weekends ride is 50k so around 31 miles.

Was wondering what are the longest rides you have managed to do in smart mode.

I am no whipper snapper or lightweight rider, I am 18st and 52 but having a blast.

Cheers

Nigel

galaga187

E*POWAH Master
Apr 15, 2018
Wroughton
All,

Looking for some set up tips for the app, I used it this weekend and did a 20 mile ride that had some punchy climbs and a bit of everything, and i am in the process of tweaking the Smart HR and Power settings, I am wanting to see how far I can tweak the settings to get max distance.

This weekends ride is 50k so around 31 miles.

Was wondering what are the longest rides you have managed to do in smart mode.

I am no whipper snapper or lightweight rider, I am 18st and 52 but having a blast.

Cheers

Nigel
It might depend on what bike you are riding. I was on a Levo 2019 and did 25 miles on 30% of the battery - I think I shared the data from Blevo earlier on this thread. I was riding with people on clockwork bikes so I was putting in more effort just to make it equal.

c.tonus

Jun 12, 2018
Brazil
I am 49 years old, 1.84m and 105 kg, my adjustment: eco (1 to 10%, heart rate limit 155, smart power 230W), trail (10 to 30%) and turbo (40 to 100%). Autonomy depends on many variables, however I have already done a track with friends of 121Km, in echo, few times in trail, and I arrived with 25% of battery (500wh), turbo levy comp carbon 2018

Chardy82

Feb 25, 2019
Southampton
Posted this before in wrong thread..... sorry! I have heard a lot about this BLevo. I have just purchased a 2019 Levo expert. Could anyone give more information on BLevo and effects on the bike? I use the mission control app at present and this seems to work fine. I have noticed that it misses a few of the segments out on the Strava updates though. Thank you in advance!!

galaga187

E*POWAH Master
Apr 15, 2018
Wroughton
Posted this before in wrong thread..... sorry! I have heard a lot about this BLevo. I have just purchased a 2019 Levo expert. Could anyone give more information on BLevo and effects on the bike? I use the mission control app at present and this seems to work fine. I have noticed that it misses a few of the segments out on the Strava updates though. Thank you in advance!!
Could it be that Blevo uploads rides to Strava as eBike rides and these use different segments?

Chardy82

Feb 25, 2019
Southampton
Could it be that Blevo uploads rides to Strava as eBike rides and these use different segments?
That could well be it yes. Thank you. Didn’t think about that. Better get used to that then.

As for the BLevo app? Is it best to get a BV6000 phone to use or will iPhone work well enough?

RobertK

Sep 11, 2018
Poland

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
That could well be it yes. Thank you. Didn’t think about that. Better get used to that then.

As for the BLevo app? Is it best to get a BV6000 phone to use or will iPhone work well enough?
I think BV6000 is better because the battery is very big and the phone is rugged...

Chardy82

Feb 25, 2019
Southampton
So it won’t derestrict my Levo Expert 2019 and won’t effect warranty? I can use it for the stats and info and also for the gps map routing. Sounds pretty good to me.

Maastricht

E*POWAH Master
Oct 3, 2018
M
So it won’t derestrict my Levo Expert 2019 and won’t effect warranty? I can use it for the stats and info and also for the gps map routing. Sounds pretty good to me.

I have a Levo Comp 2019 with firmware 2.026 and when I received it from my LBS it came with 2.025. BLEvo is not able to change the speed for these firmware levels. I don't know which firmware version you will receive. (only 2.019 will work for speed adjusments) But even then you need to change the speed via a manual slider in BLEvo. BLEvo will not automatically adjust the speed limit! You really need to choose to use this option.

I use BLEvo too and it's a great app with a lot of functions. I would recommend the Android version in combination with the BV6000 and the new remote. I would also start with reading the manual to better understand all the features and benefits compared to Mission Control.

Chardy82

Feb 25, 2019
Southampton
I have a Levo Comp 2019 with firmware 2.026 and when I received it from my LBS it came with 2.025. BLEvo is not able to change the speed for these firmware levels. I don't know which firmware version you will receive. (only 2.019 will work for speed adjusments) But even then you need to change the speed via a manual slider in BLEvo. BLEvo will not automatically adjust the speed limit! You really need to choose to use this option.

I use BLEvo too and it's a great app with a lot of functions. I would recommend the Android version in combination with the BV6000 and the new remote. I would also start with reading the manual to better understand all the features and benefits compared to Mission Control.

Thank you. I have looked at the BV6000 already so think this will be my combined choice.

RobertK

Sep 11, 2018
Poland
Status
Not open for further replies.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles