Status
Not open for further replies.

Maastricht

E*POWAH Master
Oct 3, 2018
M
In my opinion the post which you quoted is consistent with what I wrote only describes the situation in more detail.

„In any case when bringing the bike in for warranty reasons its smart to reset it to factory settings.”
:)

Hi Robert, I guess we are both not native english speakers so maybe there is a misunderstanding.

When I read the initial question: "I have read that BLevo also voids warranty and derestricts the bike. Is this right?"

Your answer "Yes. You can derestrict the bike. But when you give it to service you can set restriction / speed limit back.".

Is not complete. First of all the "Yes." is not correct according to my opinion as it will not void warranty. Secondly derestriction is not something that happens automatically like the initial question suggested. You need to change a setting manually and will get a warning of BLEvo if you really want to adjust this setting. Third and last, derestricting ability of the Levo FSR 2019 depends on the firmware version. Only 2.019 can be derestricted.

I understand you tried to help but I hope you can understand why I disagreed.

RobertK

Sep 11, 2018
Poland
Hi Robert, I guess we are both not native english speakers so maybe there is a misunderstanding.

When I read the initial question: "I have read that BLevo also voids warranty and derestricts the bike. Is this right?"

Your answer "Yes. You can derestrict the bike. But when you give it to service you can set restriction / speed limit back.".

Is not complete. First of all the "Yes." is not correct according to my opinion as it will not void warranty. Secondly derestriction is not something that happens automatically like the initial question suggested. You need to change a setting manually and will get a warning of BLEvo if you really want to adjust this setting. Third and last, derestricting ability of the Levo FSR 2019 depends on the firmware version. Only 2.019 can be derestricted.

I understand you tried to help but I hope you can understand why I disagreed.
I understand you :)

PaoloBLEvo

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
I've just released the new 3.4.1 version of BLEvo for Android.
There are important changes including the complete reorganisation of the Bluetooth connection (with improved automatic reconnection), the addition of the Stop tour button (much desired) and the resolution of some bugs.

Here is the list of news:
- Added button to quickly change the direction of the map from the north to the direction of travel
- Added possibility to upload on Strava activities as not ebike (only if the activity remains private)
- Added stop tour button
- Added the following remote control actions:
- Change direction map
- Increase / decrease Acceleration and Shuttle (only 2019)
- Change of buttons action
- Now the barometer calibration recommends the GPS altitude if it is valid
- Bugfix: Now if it does not find the GPS, use the bike sensors to calculate the movement
- Bugfix: Timeout to turn off screen on event
- Bugfix: unlock map on click without scroll to map
- Bugfix: Correct barometer calibration and save values
- Increased GPX line size to be followed
- Notification management reviewed
- Changed the speed to determine if the bike is moving. Now it is 2km/h, before was 1km/h
- Added Step Down SuperEco for Smart Power: put the step down to a maximum of 30, without reduction
- Decreased waiting delays to decrease the Smart power according to the leg power gap
- Added message "You are back on track"
- Review connection sequence to the bike.
- Now the bike parameters are saved and are not read back when connected.
- Now the connection is checked every minute. If it is not present it is redone.
- Added check to see if the battery optimizer is active
- Now if the GPS is not valid, the stroke is not drawn on the map and above all no off-track messages are given
- Changed the message "information on the map" with "waypoint"
- Now if the screen is off the waypoints are entered with the description "waypoint"
- Bugfix: crash on creating waypoints
- Now the bike setup is in readonly if you are not connected
- Removed the Help button on version x.22

Last edited:

kungdog

Feb 27, 2019
uk
I've used the app for a few rides now and just trying to figure out the smart power feature. Having made my settings in expert mode, do I just leave the bike in one particular mode, say eco and just ride? What effect do eco/trail/turbo mode have when in smart power?

Thanks

Highflyer

Patreon
Mar 29, 2018
Northern Ireland
I've just released the new 3.4.1 version of BLEvo for Android.
There are important changes including the complete reorganisation of the Bluetooth connection (with improved automatic reconnection), the addition of the Stop tour button (much desired) and the resolution of some bugs.

Here is the list of news:
- Added button to quickly change the direction of the map from the north to the direction of travel
- Added possibility to upload on Strava activities as not ebike (only if the activity remains private)
- Added stop tour button
- Added the following remote control actions:
- Change direction map
- Increase / decrease Acceleration and Shuttle (only 2019)
- Change of buttons action
- Now the barometer calibration recommends the GPS altitude if it is valid
- Bugfix: Now if it does not find the GPS, use the bike sensors to calculate the movement
- Bugfix: Timeout to turn off screen on event
- Bugfix: unlock map on click without scroll to map
- Bugfix: Correct barometer calibration and save values
- Increased GPX line size to be followed
- Notification management reviewed
- Changed the speed to determine if the bike is moving. Now it is 2km/h, before was 1km/h
- Added Step Down SuperEco for Smart Power: put the step down to a maximum of 30, without reduction
- Decreased waiting delays to decrease the Smart power according to the leg power gap
- Added message "You are back on track"
- Review connection sequence to the bike.
- Now the bike parameters are saved and are not read back when connected.
- Now the connection is checked every minute. If it is not present it is redone.
- Added check to see if the battery optimizer is active
- Now if the GPS is not valid, the stroke is not drawn on the map and above all no off-track messages are given
- Changed the message "information on the map" with "waypoint"
- Now if the screen is off the waypoints are entered with the description "waypoint"
- Bugfix: crash on creating waypoints
- Now the bike setup is in readonly if you are not connected
- Removed the Help button on version x.22

Don't forget iOS please

Maastricht

E*POWAH Master
Oct 3, 2018
M
I've used the app for a few rides now and just trying to figure out the smart power feature. Having made my settings in expert mode, do I just leave the bike in one particular mode, say eco and just ride? What effect do eco/trail/turbo mode have when in smart power?

Thanks

Hi,

Have you read the manual: https://bit.ly/2I7Tsi8 ?

The Smart Power chapter explains the working in detail. Shortly said, you can set Smart HR and/or Smart Power settings in Eco and/or Trail and or Turbo. You could choose for example to use Smart HR and/or Smart Power only in Eco and Trail but just leave the assistance % in Turbo as static settings.

Maastricht

E*POWAH Master
Oct 3, 2018
M
Hi Paolo,

Thanks for the huge update and all the new features! I am really happy with all the improvements.

I noticed that you also added a PayPal option as you have added many new features over the last few months to BLEvo.

When considering the all the latest improvements like (offline) maps, gpx tracks, waypoints, new Levo model 2019 support, remote control and many other features €9,99 for BLEvo is a real bargain so I understand why you added the PayPal option.

I also tested the new Levo 2019 connection and it works much faster than before and it feels much more stable too.

Thanks for all the good work and all the forum support!

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
Hi Paolo,

Thanks for the huge update and all the new features! I am really happy with all the improvements.

I noticed that you also added a PayPal option as you have added many new features over the last few months to BLEvo.

When considering the all the latest improvements like (offline) maps, gpx tracks, waypoints, new Levo model 2019 support, remote control and many other features €9,99 for BLEvo is a real bargain so I understand why you added the PayPal option.

I also tested the new Levo 2019 connection and it works much faster than before and it feels much more stable too.

Thanks for all the good work and all the forum support!
Thanks @Maastricht..
The idea of paypal donation comes from a emtb forum user that ask me for this..
In the app is explained why I added this..
Feel free to read it or to skip it..
The important thing is.. enjoy your ride with BLEvo..

RobertK

Sep 11, 2018
Poland
Thanks @Maastricht..
The idea of paypal donation comes from a emtb forum user that ask me for this..
In the app is explained why I added this..
Feel free to read it or to skip it..
The important thing is.. enjoy your ride with BLEvo..
In my opinion BLEvo is too cheap if you compare its price to its funcionality, price of garmin and price of Levo / Kenevo.

hbakken

Nov 27, 2018
Norway
I know.. Also this in the TODO list, but this is not so easy to implement..

I also have the same view as JonasH. I use Edge1000 and will continue to do that. haven't found any other app/IQ-connect app that gives me the data Blevo provides, so in the future I hope for an integration.

I would LOVE the have all the data Blevo provides in the tcx file from Garmin. And use that data (like biker power) on strava and Sporttracks.

Does anyone know if there's there a way (tool) that I can extract data from the Blevo tcx and combine it into another tcx/fit format (from Garmin edge)??? Biker power, cadence and all the stats about usage is what I want.

Then I can keep iPhone with blevo in my backpack, use Garmin on my handlebar and later combine that data. As a temp solution....

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
I also have the same view as JonasH. I use Edge1000 and will continue to do that. haven't found any other app/IQ-connect app that gives me the data Blevo provides, so in the future I hope for an integration.

I would LOVE the have all the data Blevo provides in the tcx file from Garmin. And use that data (like biker power) on strava and Sporttracks.

Does anyone know if there's there a way (tool) that I can extract data from the Blevo tcx and combine it into another tcx/fit format (from Garmin edge)??? Biker power, cadence and all the stats about usage is what I want.

Then I can keep iPhone with blevo in my backpack, use Garmin on my handlebar and later combine that data. As a temp solution....
I need to check why the TCX file is not imported in Garmin Connect but it is imported in Strava..
Maybe some not well handled tag..

hbakken

Nov 27, 2018
Norway
Sorry @hbakken, just for my understanding, but why you dislike this post?

Hi @PaoloBLEvo . Because I think the current price for the app is good and don't agree that I should cost more as that is what I understood RobertK suggested.
An app for a phone, can't in my mind be compared to the pricelevel of a Garmin unit.

I have paid for the app and are happy with that. Would also probably donate (by paypal), but please keep the price level as is :)

hbakken

Nov 27, 2018
Norway
I need to check why the TCX file is not imported in Garmin Connect but it is imported in Strava..
Maybe some not well handled tag..

hmm. Think you misunderstood. I don't mean it is someting wrong with the generated tcx file from Blevo.

I'll try to explain better what I'm trying to find out how to do, as a temporary solution:
Yesterdays ride I used both Edge 1000 and Blevo to record.
This gives me two tcx files.
I would like to MERGE data into ONE tcx files, with a tool that can let me decide for example:
Garmin tcx:
- all gps/ride data like km, speed, altitude
- heartrate

Blevo:
ALL THE FUN STUFF!
- cadence
- rider power, bike
- assist level, battery usage etc

The merged tcx file, I will use for strava and sporttracks which are the preffered logs for me.
I'll continue using Garmin unit as my main tool for logging (not interested in phone on the handlebar), but want to make use of the good things from Blevo :)

On a longer perspective: I hope to take advantage of the statictics and data Blevo provides, but doing that by only recording a ride with one unit, a garmin unit.

Please as if (I still) didn't explain good enough.

galaga187

E*POWAH Master
Apr 15, 2018
Wroughton
hmm. Think you misunderstood. I don't mean it is someting wrong with the generated tcx file from Blevo.

I'll try to explain better what I'm trying to find out how to do, as a temporary solution:
Yesterdays ride I used both Edge 1000 and Blevo to record.
This gives me two tcx files.
I would like to MERGE data into ONE tcx files, with a tool that can let me decide for example:
Garmin tcx:
- all gps/ride data like km, speed, altitude
- heartrate

Blevo:
ALL THE FUN STUFF!
- cadence
- rider power, bike
- assist level, battery usage etc

The merged tcx file, I will use for strava and sporttracks which are the preffered logs for me.
I'll continue using Garmin unit as my main tool for logging (not interested in phone on the handlebar), but want to make use of the good things from Blevo :)

On a longer perspective: I hope to take advantage of the statictics and data Blevo provides, but doing that by only recording a ride with one unit, a garmin unit.

Please as if (I still) didn't explain good enough.
There are lots of tools listed on the DC Rainmaker site Handy Tools & Apps Page

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
Hi @PaoloBLEvo . Because I think the current price for the app is good and don't agree that I should cost more as that is what I understood RobertK suggested.
An app for a phone, can't in my mind be compared to the pricelevel of a Garmin unit.

I have paid for the app and are happy with that. Would also probably donate (by paypal), but please keep the price level as is :)
I understand you point. Thanks for the answer.

kungdog

Feb 27, 2019
uk
Hi,

Have you read the manual: https://bit.ly/2I7Tsi8 ?

The Smart Power chapter explains the working in detail. Shortly said, you can set Smart HR and/or Smart Power settings in Eco and/or Trail and or Turbo. You could choose for example to use Smart HR and/or Smart Power only in Eco and Trail but just leave the assistance % in Turbo as static settings.

Thanks for the link. I have got a manual downloaded but comparing it to the link you posted, its one from nov 2017. Not sure where i got that one from.

Maastricht

E*POWAH Master
Oct 3, 2018
M
Thanks for the link. I have got a manual downloaded but comparing it to the link you posted, its one from nov 2017. Not sure where i got that one from.

You're welcome! I actually discovered that the link should actually be:

Previous link I copied from Rob's BLEvo video at Youtube.

xcentric

Feb 2, 2019
Market Drayton
anyone know a good cheap wrist-mounted heart-rate monitor to use with BLEvo? I don't want to use a chest strap, and my Garmin watch only broadcasts ANT+..... Found the Mio Link, but it's about £70 - am wondering of there any of the £20 chinese ones that people have found work. Many that say bluetooth do not continuously broadcast, however.....

Vilt

Feb 13, 2019
Berg en Terblijt, The Netherlands
I have the Polar OH1. Isn't really cheap, but I like it much more than I thought. It is much more reliable than an optical wrist worn sensor and much more comfortable than a chest strap.

I bought it especially for BLEvo an riding with my phone, but I'm considering ditching my chest straps for running in favor of the OH1.

It's rechargable and you can wear it on your upper or lower arm.

Polar OH1 - Optical Heart Rate Sensor | Multisport Watches Shop

Last edited:

RobertK

Sep 11, 2018
Poland
What is more difficult to do, requires more technical thought, is a more niche and unprecedented product? BLEvo or this bottle? The bottle costs 20USD. How much BLEvo?

DB533447-5899-4589-B368-0D2CB7F3AFB8.jpeg

kellermann

Nov 2, 2018
Germany
After the update on Android 9.0 Pie (moto X4) it is no more possible to pair Devices (scosche HRM or o_sync multiremote) in BLEvo. The pairing process starts, the devices will be recognized, but then no bpm with the HRM is shown and no button press is shown with the remote. So it is not possible to save the devices in BLEvo. I guess, the bluetooth function has changed with Android 9.0. Can a BLEvo update change this behavior?

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
After the update on Android 9.0 Pie (moto X4) it is no more possible to pair Devices (scosche HRM or o_sync multiremote) in BLEvo. The pairing process starts, the devices will be recognized, but then no bpm with the HRM is shown and no button press is shown with the remote. So it is not possible to save the devices in BLEvo. I guess, the bluetooth function has changed with Android 9.0. Can a BLEvo update change this behavior?
Sorry but you shouldn't pair the device with Bluetooth Android process..
Just scan with BLEvo and save on it .
Let me know.

kellermann

Nov 2, 2018
Germany
Sorry but you shouldn't pair the device with Bluetooth Android process..
Just scan with BLEvo and save on it .
Let me know.

I just scan with BLEvo. The devices are shown on the scan page. When i tap on the shown name a page opens with "bpm" but no values or a page with "press a button on remote"" but with no success. So the field for saving the Cardio or the remote remains grey.

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
I just scan with BLEvo. The devices are shown on the scan page. When i tap on the shown name a page opens with "bpm" but no values or a page with "press a button on remote"" but with no success. So the field for saving the Cardio or the remote remains grey.
Are you able to test on another phone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles