Status
Not open for further replies.

Maastricht

E*POWAH Master
Oct 3, 2018
M
@Maastricht - thanks - will try that.

Was actually trying to add tiles from OpenStreetMap or some of the other ones - none would download when I asked to download the tiles..... any ideas for those?

Ok, I understand now...

I just tried to download tiles for al the other maps BLEvo offers. I receive errors too. I am not sure why but maybe @PaoloBLEvo can check if there is a bug. I also need to say that after Paolo implemented openandromaps option, I didn't use the option to download tiles of the other map versions anymore. I use my BV6000 completely offline. So by downloading the maps once on to the maps I never have to be worried I didn't download the tiles at home via wifi. Next to that the openandromap quality is very good. Paolo also added the option that you can choose the map style. Check it out. I am curious if you like them too.

PaoloBLEvo

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
@PaoloBLEvo - now have the BV6000 and BLevo app - when trying to download map tiles for imported gpx files, no matter what sort of map I try (except the zip ones, not done that yet), I get errors and no downloaded tiles. Any idea what I'm doing wrong? Looked at the manual and the video without joy.....
Start to try to download few tiles.. 100 for example..
I think you are under network coverage like wifi, is it true?
Can you send to me the screenshot of the error?
In the end if you are not able to download, let try with static AndroMap as suggested by @Maastricht ..

Maastricht

E*POWAH Master
Oct 3, 2018
M
Start to try to download few tiles.. 100 for example..
I think you are under network coverage like wifi, is it true?
Can you send to me the screenshot of the error?
In the end if you are not able to download, let try with static AndroMap as suggested by @Maastricht ..

Hi Paolo,

Yesterday and today I tried to download only a small amount of tiles. When I try to download for example 100 tiles you see a blue download status bar. At the end BLEvo says, "Download completed with errors". The second line says "Download complete with 103 errors" as I tried to download 103 tiles. Strange as about one month ago I tried this option and it worked fine but, as said, other openandromaps option works superb where you only have to save the maps once (set and forget) on the BV6000.

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
Hi Paolo,

Yesterday and today I tried to download only a small amount of tiles. When I try to download for example 100 tiles you see a blue download status bar. At the end BLEvo says, "Download completed with errors". The second line says "Download complete with 103 errors" as I tried to download 103 tiles. Strange as about one month ago I tried this option and it worked fine but, as said, other openandromaps option works superb where you only have to save the maps once (set and forget) on the BV6000.
I saw the error.. I need to check.. I think the tiles are download and the errors are related to zoom level not supported.. I will check.. sorry again..

Feb 6, 2019
España
@PaoloBLEvo I have the version 2.019(TCU) and as I have been reading it seems that the transmission of potentiometer data are not too good in this version, which significantly impairs the Smart Power. I'm thinking of updating to the latest version 2.026 to be able to gain effectiveness in Smart Power. Is there really a noticeable improvement in the transmission of potentiometer data in version 2.026 or will it continue to fail?

Last edited:

Kev Henson

Sep 6, 2018
Leicestershire
@PaoloBLEvo I have the version 2.019 and as I have been reading it seems that the transmission of potentiometer data are not too good in this version, which significantly impairs the Smart Power. I'm thinking of updating to the latest version 2.026 to be able to gain effectiveness in Smart Power. Is there really a noticeable improvement in the transmission of potentiometer data in version 2.026 or will it continue to fail?
Watch Robs blevo video it looks far better in terms of being responsive than on our tcu version

Maastricht

E*POWAH Master
Oct 3, 2018
M
I have seen the video of Robs but I think it is with the Kenevo, my question is whether the Levo TCU: 2.026 will work in the same way.

I can confirm BLEvo smart power functions work very well with TCU version 2.025 and 2.026.

Within 2.019 I was aware that walk assist and shuttle mode were not working for 100%. I was not aware that also transmission of potentiometer data was not correct yet in 2.019.

kellermann

Nov 2, 2018
Germany
I have just released version 3.4.2 of BLEvo for Android which solves the problem of association of a new cardio belt and/or remote control.
I have also added other small improvements.
Here is the complete list of changes.

- Added on-screen messages on remote command commands
- Added action to turn off / on the screen
- Added audio configuration to run long or short audio messages of the remote command
- Increased the help of the Smart HR when it is connected to the Smart Power
- Review TCX file tags
- Bugfix: the screen did not light up on the remote page scroll command
- Bugfix: Bluetooth cardio association and remote control

Enjoy your ride with BLEvo.

Hello, i have a problem with the "action to turn off / on screen". A long push on the middle button will turn on the screen forever (screen message). But with which action i can turn off the screen? Or will this only be realized with the button of my phone?

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
Hello, i have a problem with the "action to turn off / on screen". A long push on the middle button will turn on the screen forever (screen message). But with which action i can turn off the screen? Or will this only be realized with the button of my phone?
Maybe there is a bug in screen on/off activation.. tonight I will release a new version..
Which is your remote configuration?

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
I just released version 3.4.3 of BLEvo for Android.

Here are the news:
- Added 2 more fields (optional) in the display BM 2 + 2 + 2 + 2 (for those who use large displays)
- Reading maps from SD (the directory /BLEvo/MAPS must be created by hand)
- Now if the "Enable screen on level change" option is enabled, each action of the remote control causes the screen to turn on
- Added Wh tour statistics with Wh distribution on the cyclist and on the battery to better evaluate the effort made with respect to the use of the battery.
- Bugfix: Download maps (zoom required incorrect)
- Bugfix: screen shutdown management
- Various Bugfixes

Updated from Google Play.
Enjoy with BLEvo.

Matty h

Mar 4, 2019
St Helens.
Hi @PaoloBLEvo. Love the app, its far superior to mission control. The only thing i cant work out is how do I tell blevo that ive changed my battery half way through a ride? After a recent ride it wouldnt connect with my 2nd battery without ending the ride so i had no data using the 2nd battery. Other than that id say the app the near perfect, carry on and thank you!

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
I just released version 3.4.3 of BLEvo for Android.

Here are the news:
- Added 2 more fields (optional) in the display BM 2 + 2 + 2 + 2 (for those who use large displays)
- Reading maps from SD (the directory /BLEvo/MAPS must be created by hand)
- Now if the "Enable screen on level change" option is enabled, each action of the remote control causes the screen to turn on
- Added Wh tour statistics with Wh distribution on the cyclist and on the battery to better evaluate the effort made with respect to the use of the battery.
- Bugfix: Download maps (zoom required incorrect)
- Bugfix: screen shutdown management
- Various Bugfixes

Updated from Google Play.
Enjoy with BLEvo.
@kellermann could you check if with this release the problem is solved? thanks..

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
Hi @PaoloBLEvo. Love the app, its far superior to mission control. The only thing i cant work out is how do I tell blevo that ive changed my battery half way through a ride? After a recent ride it wouldnt connect with my 2nd battery without ending the ride so i had no data using the 2nd battery. Other than that id say the app the near perfect, carry on and thank you!
If you want to use a second battery, you need to pause the ride, go back to the scan menu, and scan for the new battery.. Otherwise BLEvo will try to connect to the first battery...
Let me know if you did this..

Matty h

Mar 4, 2019
St Helens.
If you want to use a second battery, you need to pause the ride, go back to the scan menu, and scan for the new battery.. Otherwise BLEvo will try to connect to the first battery...
Let me know if you did this..
Thanks for the quick response. I did try that but it just kept finding the 1st battery even though it was turned off.

Matty h

Mar 4, 2019
St Helens.
Thanks for the quick response. I did try that but it just kept finding the 1st battery even though it was turned off.
Ive just turned both my batteries on, scanned for them and it found them both. Ill try that again on my mext ride to be sure i did it right. Thanks Paolo.

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
Ok, but i am not sure how to turn off the screen with a button on the remote. I see no action for turning off, only for turning on,
You need to start the turn and then turn off the screen manually. Only after start... then when a button on remote control is pressed, the screen is switched on and kept on for the timeout set in Android.

kellermann

Nov 2, 2018
Germany
You need to start the turn and then turn off the screen manually. Only after start... then when a button on remote control is pressed, the screen is switched on and kept on for the timeout set in Android.

Ok, i think, that is my fault. I thought, an alternate push on the middle button will turn off /on the screen. While the next ride, i will test it.

Last edited:

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
Testride was ok. It works as decribed by @PaoloBLEvo .But eventually the function to turn off and on the screen with a button push on the remote can be implemented?
It is already implemented it..
The switch on is automatic on scroll action.
I suggest this configuration.
Screenshot_20190309-202133.png

koren9

Feb 28, 2019
Israel
Hello ,
Been trying to upload a ride to Strava and i'm getting this error . tried with 4g and Wifi connection.
Also , tried to upload the TCX / GPX file manually but Strava was showing only part of the ride , while the file itself containes the complete ride details .
Please your advice .
Thank you
Screenshot_20190309-181057.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles