Status
Not open for further replies.

vannibombonato

Sep 14, 2018
italy
Ok, let me know..
If you are able also to make a relation between what BLEvo read and what Mission Control show..
For example
100% = 700wh Mc = 630 BLEvo
50% = 350wh Mc = 315 BLEvo
You can use the values that you want..
Thanks.

@PaoloBLEvo here are the answers:

MISSION CONTROL: Battery 92%, 655W.
BLEVO: Battery 94%, 596W , so i would say he's reading roughly 10% less in W.

Bike is a 2019 Expert.

Maastricht

E*POWAH Master
Oct 3, 2018
M
Sorry, but also the percentage is different?
At the same time Mission Control says 92 and BLEvo 94, is it true?

I just checked my bike Levo 2019 Comp with the 504Wh battery.

MC 65% -> 327Wh
BLEvo 65% -> 292Wh

Within the BLEvo bikemonitor I also noticed a 52% value at the right upper corner next to "pause". I am not sure what that % means. Further I also noticed the a red blinking light next to motor.

AlanC

Sep 25, 2018
Colorado, USA
Maybe I found the issue.. The fix will be present in the next release

I updated my Blevo app this morning and went for a ride, but it still reported the wrong time to Strava.

The time reported was:
8:54 AM on Monday, October 29, 2018

Actual local time was:
14:54

My time zone is Mountain Daylight Time (UTC -6).

I'm attaching the TCX file that was generated.

Please let me know if I can provide any other information that would be helpful.

Thanks!

Alan

Attachments

• 2018-10-29_145427.zip
    32.6 KB · Views: 280

PaoloBLEvo

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
I updated my Blevo app this morning and went for a ride, but it still reported the wrong time to Strava.

The time reported was:
8:54 AM on Monday, October 29, 2018

Actual local time was:
14:54

My time zone is Mountain Daylight Time (UTC -6).

I'm attaching the TCX file that was generated.

Please let me know if I can provide any other information that would be helpful.

Thanks!

Alan
Sorry AlanC, I made the change but I forget to test it and to check that the modification didn't work well. Tonight I will test another solution. Thanks and sorry for my fault.
Do you want the procedure to adjust the date?
Paolo.

LevoLover7

Oct 28, 2018
Germany
I just checked my bike Levo 2019 Comp with the 504Wh battery.

MC 65% -> 327Wh
BLEvo 65% -> 292Wh

Within the BLEvo bikemonitor I also noticed a 52% value at the right upper corner next to "pause". I am not sure what that % means. Further I also noticed the a red blinking light next to motor.

52% is your phone battery.
And yes I see also red blinking next to motor

I see in blevo battery 98% = 439Wh

Believe blevo working only partial with 19er levo at this time.

Last edited:

oldfox

Jul 5, 2018
FRG
Hello.
BLEvo is already able to change the speed limit of the new Levo 2019? Somehow I can not really take it from the changelog.

LevoLover7

Oct 28, 2018
Germany
I have FW 6.0.0 and i can change Speed with Blevo .... no Problem.

Here from the MC APP:

74E0F43F-96F6-4205-B960-F8CF2022D53D.jpeg

Hannes_3000

Sep 14, 2018
Stuttgart
Yes with Motor FW 6.0.0 its possible. With Motor FW 6.1.0 is blocked.
I can confirm that it's blocked with the latest firmware (6.1.0 for the motor and I think 19.x for the battery).It's not possible to update just the motor or just the battery with the tool, so I'm not sure where exactly they implemented the blocker...

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
My friend has a motor 6.1.0 and he can change the wheel size.. so I think is not the motor the blocker but the TCU.
What I understood is:
- TCU with firmware version 1.010 can change the wheel size
- TCU with firmware version 1.011 canNOT change the wheel size

The firmware version of the TCU can be read with LightBlue.. I will add also in BLEvo..

Let me know if someone has different results..

levity

E*POWAH Elite
Patreon
Founding Member
Feb 15, 2018
SoCal
WOW - just returned from my first ride using the BLEvo app! This may be old news to BLEvo vets, but it was an eye opener to this late adopter. I’ve had a 2018 Comp Carbon for 11 months and 2200km, motor 1.3, firmware 5.0.0, battery firmware 2.22.3. I’ve used Mission Control exclusively, typically running Eco/Trail/Turbo at 30/60/100 with Standard Acceleration. I prefer the Acceleration options of battery firmware v.22 (Eco to Race options) compared to v.23 (fixed Eco Accel.), but I wish v.22 had infinite tune to provide power above the set levels when called upon. In addition, motor response with v.22 is somewhat too reactive and does not allow progressive motor power with rider input (it more or less jumps to the set level). This can make it a bit tricky at times to use the higher power when slowly negotiating technical terrain.

Just set up the bike with BLEvo using iOS.

After some short test rides on tarmac I set BLEvo to CM3 with Assist Levels 25/50/75 and Acceleration at Power. Motor power progressed nicely with rider input allowing more control in techy sections than Mission Control. Like Infinite Tune motor power continued above the set levels with more rider effort, so it wasn’t necessary to change assist level if you’re willing to work. In this regard it feels and behaves more like a regular non-assist bike (but easier and faster, of course!). I never really needed Turbo mode even on grades up to 20%, though I did use it for some easy spin climbing and occasionally to blast over a roller or out of a corner. Battery usage was about the same or a few percent less than with Mission Control. Next time out I’m going to increase CM to 4% and reduce Acceleration to Std to see if this gives a bit more control while still remaining responsive enough.

So for those who haven’t tried BLEvo I strongly recommend giving it a shot. It’s the best (yet least expensive) upgrade I’ve made to the bike!.

Grazie Mille, Paolo!!!

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
WOW - just returned from my first ride using the BLEvo app! This may be old news to BLEvo vets, but it was an eye opener to this late adopter. I’ve had a 2018 Comp Carbon for 11 months and 2200km, motor 1.3, firmware 5.0.0, battery firmware 2.22.3. I’ve used Mission Control exclusively, typically running Eco/Trail/Turbo at 30/60/100 with Standard Acceleration. I prefer the Acceleration options of battery firmware v.22 (Eco to Race options) compared to v.23 (fixed Eco Accel.), but I wish v.22 had infinite tune to provide power above the set levels when called upon. In addition, motor response with v.22 is somewhat too reactive and does not allow progressive motor power with rider input (it more or less jumps to the set level). This can make it a bit tricky at times to use the higher power when slowly negotiating technical terrain.

Just set up the bike with BLEvo using iOS.

After some short test rides on tarmac I set BLEvo to CM3 with Assist Levels 25/50/75 and Acceleration at Power. Motor power progressed nicely with rider input allowing more control in techy sections than Mission Control. Like Infinite Tune motor power continued above the set levels with more rider effort, so it wasn’t necessary to change assist level if you’re willing to work. In this regard it feels and behaves more like a regular non-assist bike (but easier and faster, of course!). I never really needed Turbo mode even on grades up to 20%, though I did use it for some easy spin climbing and occasionally to blast over a roller or out of a corner. Battery usage was about the same or a few percent less than with Mission Control. Next time out I’m going to increase CM to 4% and reduce Acceleration to Std to see if this gives a bit more control while still remaining responsive enough.

So for those who haven’t tried BLEvo I strongly recommend giving it a shot. It’s the best (yet least expensive) upgrade I’ve made to the bike!.

Grazie Mille, Paolo!!!
Thanks!!!
I think next step is to try Smart Power.. in my opinion Smart Power changes the assistance level concept.. assistence is provided only if required by your legs and/or you heart..
Let try e let me know.
Enjoy your ride.
Paolo

levity

E*POWAH Elite
Patreon
Founding Member
Feb 15, 2018
SoCal
...I think next step is to try Smart Power.. .
Thanks for the tip, will do. I had not seen the Smart Power Option in the pull-down window choices, but have now found how to access it and an explanation of how it works in the pdf manual in Section 6, p .7-8. I'll give it a try.

Question: Would it be possible to have the Speed and Cadence numbers in the large boxes displayed as large block text? I think simple, stand alone numbers would be much easier and faster to read. The drawings mimicking circular speedometers are cute, but the clutter is distracting and makes the actual values difficult to see (I'm using a small, dedicated iPhone). Maybe this could be made a choice during Display Customization.

Korlger

Oct 21, 2018
TdzmTgn9eZAr
I have Levo Comp Carbon (2018) and would like to use BLEvo while riding. I have no interest on increasing the top speed yet, the 20mph limit the bike comes with in the US is fine for now.

I bought the app (for Android) and when connecting to my bike I am asked to confirm my settings. The top speed shows as 25kph (15.5 mph) which is not what my bike can do (checked with a GPS that top speed is 20mph).

I don't want to change any of the speed settings at this time, I am worried that if I go past this screen my top speed settings will be altered. Is there a way to proceed without changing my existing top speed, or do I need to change the speed to 32.2 kph (20 mph) and then save those as my default settings. Will this change anything on my bike?

As you can tell I am worried about warranty issues so I want to make sure I can use BLEvo without affecting the speed limiter.

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
I have Levo Comp Carbon (2018) and would like to use BLEvo while riding. I have no interest on increasing the top speed yet, the 20mph limit the bike comes with in the US is fine for now.

I bought the app (for Android) and when connecting to my bike I am asked to confirm my settings. The top speed shows as 25kph (15.5 mph) which is not what my bike can do (checked with a GPS that top speed is 20mph).

I don't want to change any of the speed settings at this time, I am worried that if I go past this screen my top speed settings will be altered. Is there a way to proceed without changing my existing top speed, or do I need to change the speed to 32.2 kph (20 mph) and then save those as my default settings. Will this change anything on my bike?

As you can tell I am worried about warranty issues so I want to make sure I can use BLEvo without affecting the speed limiter.
Don't worry about the speed limit in BLEvo because it is used only if the legal limit is 25kph. Please don't change it, otherwise the wheel size will be changed. I'm investigating how to detect when the legal speed limit is high (in some part of the world.)

Last edited:

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
Can someone clarify if the Levo 2019 model can now be derestricted?
What I understood is:
- TCU with firmware version 1.010 can change the wheel size (with BLEvo)
- TCU with firmware version 1.011 canNOT change the wheel size (with BLEvo)

The firmware version of the TCU can be read with LightBlue.. I will add also in BLEvo..
Let me know if someone has different results..

Status
Not open for further replies.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles