The New Official BLEvo Thread

PaoloBLEvo

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
I'm confused by this. The Peloton indoor exercise bike (which is actually run on an Android device) reads HR from an Apple Watch in real time just fine. No bad watch battery drain.

So the current state is:
BLEvo iOS cannot read Apple Watch HR.
Specialized Mastermind iOS cannot read Apple Watch HR.
WorkOutDoors Apple Watch app can use Apple Watch HR, but cannot read the power/cadence/speed from the 2022 old style Specialized Mastermind.

It's very frustrating we have all these fantastic devices but the hardware mfgs make it so difficult for the software developers!

What BT protocol does the older (2022) Specialized Mastermind device on bike use to transmit power/cadence/speed?
If I understood well, for developing an app on the iphone to read the HR data from the watch, I have to implement also the app on the watch.. And this is not planned... sorry for this..

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
Paulo I am loving your app without problems/issues for 3+ months, however, I have a problem that I cannot resolve. I hope you can assist.

I have been using BLevo consistently without problems and rely on it exclusively during my rides.
I am familiar with importing .GPX files for routes as needed and enjoy the feature.
I recently, instead if importing a .GPX file/route, clicked "Re-Ride this Ride" in order to repeat a recent route....it worked perfectly.
Since that time, each/every time I begin a new ride by going to Bike Montior > Start Ride .....BLevo will overlay that same route that I had "re-ridden" days ago and I CANNOT GET RID OF IT.
So now....each time that I begin a new/fresh ride BLevo is overlaying that route. I have checked inside my Configuration > Import GPX and download maps and none of "my rides" are checked, however, I CAN STILL see the red outline of that same route which just automatically loads each/ever time I start a new/fresh ride.

Help!!
Did you try to enter in GPX Import configuration and press the button "Deselect all the GPX"?

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
Using BLEvo for years 🙏🏼 on my 2019 Kenevo Gen 1 with an iPhone 6 Plus. It’s no longer updated by Apple and can’t get my rides to upload to Strava anymore. The authorize screen bounces back and forth from BLEvo to Strava and back. Any work around?
Try to install Strava App on the phone and retry to authorize Strava from BLEvo..

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
Hi all, new to BLEvo and a gen3 levo(arrived yesterday), looks like a great app so thanks Paulo. Quick question though as theres a lot of pages!! My bike is updated to all latest firmwares. I have a garmin 530, can i use the HRM strap with blevo?? if i can whats the process i need to follow to get it to work? are there any tweaks i can do? can a slight speed increase be attained via the app???

edit: got the static bpm yesterday, nothing today just connected, tried strava and same there, tried a new battery but no idea how old it is. Just a garmin product compatibility issue??
In order to use BLEvo with the new MasterMind TCU, you should buy Levociraptor..
Please go to www.levociraptor.com to check it.

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
just on the 22 comp alloy so just the basic TCU, just needed to know if i can connect the garmin duel HRM strap, it connects but no bpm shown, if its not compatible what is an alternative? thanks for the fantastic app ;)
I'm using the HRM from decathlon... It is Bluetooth and ANT+..

JayMartin

May 26, 2021
Denver, CO USA
Is there a way to retain use of the Walk function on my 2019 Turbo Levo if I get a Levociraptor gen 2? I'm already a big Blevo user and fan.
Thanks,
Jay

bdoviack

Oct 19, 2023
Los Angeles, CA
This is the one I was considering. It looks to be designed for rugged environments:

In the end though I decided to use my current phone (which is Android) as I didn't want to have an additional device to manage. This holder/case seems to be dustproof, water-resistant and a little shockproof:

PS, not sure if my hyperlinks will be visible here. If not, got to Amazon and search for:

360 Rotating Waterproof Handlebar Bike Bicycle Phone Mount Holder Bag Pouch and also

Blackview 4.3 inch Mini Mobile Phone, N6000 Rugged Phones​

jetskier973

Nov 9, 2023
Gardner, KS.
Hello,
I have a 2021 Turbo Levo and I think the gen2 Levociraptor.
I'm having trouble restricting the speed limit.
When I reset the speed limit, there is a notification to reset the bike. When I do this, the speed returns to its previous setting.
Apologies for asking this again, but I have not seen the official "fix" response for this.
Thanks in advance!

Jersey Skier

May 12, 2019
NJ, USA
Trying to figure out why the amount of power at any given setting changes depending upon which direction I enter it. For example. If I'm in Turbo, but then switch down to Trail or Eco settings, I will get noticeably more support in Trail and Eco than if I had started in off, or Eco and moved up a level to trail. Going that direction, Eco and trail will have much less assistance.

Any reason for this? If it matters, I have Smart HR on and Smart Power off.

JayMartin

May 26, 2021
Denver, CO USA
Since installing a Levociraptor, I'm down to 20% phone battery within an hour and a half of riding. Is there something I can set in Blevo to get back to normal battery usage?
I am going to try only having the screen come on when I change assist levels. But I used to able to ride 4 hours and still have a 50% phone charge.
Thanks,
Jay

NiftyNic

Jan 6, 2024
Nevada, US
I've looked all through the instructions and all over the BLEvo app, but I can't seem to find a way to enable and disable the 80% charge limit that is in the Mission Control settings and was enabled when I installed the Levociraptor. Am I missing it somehow or is it just not available as an option in BLEvo? Thanks!

NiftyNic

Jan 6, 2024
Nevada, US
I've looked all through the instructions and all over the BLEvo app, but I can't seem to find a way to enable and disable the 80% charge limit that is in the Mission Control settings and was enabled when I installed the Levociraptor. Am I missing it somehow or is it just not available as an option in BLEvo? Thanks!
So a fix for this was resetting the TCU which removes the 80% charge limit and resets it to 100%.

I removed the LevoRap before I did the reset and connected to Mission Control after the reset to confirm the charge limit toggle was off which it was. Reinstalled the LevoRap and reconnected it with BLEvo. All good now...

Nickolp1974

Jul 30, 2019
Louth lincs
when i first used the app my phone would last a 3hr ride with ease(2 months ago) now its dying within 15 mins, i most likely have changed something in settings but what??? nothing else is running in the background and im on a pixel 6. I often create a map with OS mapping then transfer .gpx to blevo to follow from there. Any ideas why its killing my phone??

tabbibus

May 5, 2023
Atlanta, USA
when i first used the app my phone would last a 3hr ride with ease(2 months ago) now its dying within 15 mins, i most likely have changed something in settings but what??? nothing else is running in the background and im on a pixel 6. I often create a map with OS mapping then transfer .gpx to blevo to follow from there. Any ideas why its killing my phone??
Google. Lol. All my pixels shit the bed in terms of battery after 2 years. Left pixels and now back to Samsung.

Pelt

Feb 5, 2019
Pelt Belgium
In have a new mobile phone with android 13, I can not open any maps I have read in the forum that the problem is Android 13 . How can I solve this

ciorbarece7

Oct 7, 2022
Nbg
I‘ve read the manual but still don‘t get how the setup for smart power works.

I have a 2019 Kenevo (Gen1).

My regular configuration is:
Eco: 35% assistance, 30% pp
Trail: 45% assistance, 50% pp
Turbo: 90% assistance, 90% pp

I‘ve tried smart power but always deactivated it again because it left me confused.

My biggest questions:
How am I supposed to set up the normal assistance modes when using smart power? I‘ve read sth about setting 100% but what exactly?? Assistance or peak power or both??

If I go into „expert mode“ in smart power then it is possible to select in which modes smart power will be active, right? So I would like to use smart power only in eco mode, so I uncheck the other two modes and set smart power to 20-40%.

Does that OVERRIDE the normal configuration for the eco mode? Or do I have to set the normal ECO mode to 100% for smart power to work properly? And if so, must I set assistace AND pp to 100%? This is giving me headaches already…

So if I uncheck smart power for the other two modes: why is it stilll possible to move the slider with the percentage of assistance For the other two modes?! For me this makes no sense at all.

I must say that the manual for me was not helpful at all in this regard and I very much hope that you guys can answer my questions.

I use an iphone.

Last edited:

ciorbarece7

Oct 7, 2022
Nbg
Yesterday I messed around with blevo and smart power again and the result was positive.
Yesterdays final settings were:

Eco: 25-65% smart power on
Trail: 66-85% smart power on
Turbo: smart power off

155W for Eco.

Response time set to high.

This had a positive effect on the battery range. I managed t ride a tour that would normally drain the battery to 10-15% to about 37%, so quite significant.

Smart power when set up correctly gives the bike a more dynamic character.

I like that the assistance immediately is reduced when for example the route goes downhill after going uphill. And the rider input remains quite the same going up or downhill, just the speed increases or decreases.

I’m positively surprised :)

Pelt

Feb 5, 2019
Pelt Belgium
Since my bike's motor needed to be replaced, I removed the Levociraptor , after that
I rode without levociraptor for several weeks and put it back in today.
I note that the mastermind no longer gives any inducement for battery level or setting support.
Is it a wrong setting of the levociraptor ?
On the GSM everything is ok

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles