• Warning!!

Riding a tuned or deristricted EMTB is not a trivial offence and can have serious legal consequences. Also, many manufacturers can detect the use of a tuning device or deristricting method and may decline a repair under warranty if it was modified from the intended original specification. Deristricting EMTB's can also add increased loads for motors and batteries. Riding above the local law limit may reclassify the bike as a low-powered bike, requiring insurance, registration and a number plate.

Be aware of your local country laws. Many laws prohibit use of modified EMTB's. It is your responsibility to check local laws. Ignoring it, has potential implications to trail access, and risk of prosecution in the event of an accident.

UK Pedelec Law

Worldwide Laws

We advise members great caution. EMTB Forums accepts no liability for any content or advice given here. 

STUnlocker (ex Shimano STEPS Unlocker) Android & Windows App for derestriction/market change and etc

vadII

E*POWAH Master
Feb 19, 2019
Earth
No you dont need additional files there. I have only those two and it is working. Just be sure you have etube 5.0.2 or older.
You are right. 5.0.3 App doesn't offer an update... It's sad
ETube Project 5.0.3 for Windows still works

gigabyte772

Apr 19, 2020
USA
This folder MUST have many other files. It looks like you delete all files before or you created that folder by yourself. Try to use recommended file browsing Apps and copy FW files using a phone
Yes I tried first to keep all files there and it didn't work as well.

Nebo1ss

Dec 21, 2021
London
Thanks. I was able to download now just waiting for my friend to stop by as he has ios. Thanks.
You are more likely to have success with Android than IOS. You can side load older version of Android apps. IOS apps are signed and you will not be able to load older version.

KuRi

May 30, 2019
Spain
It's uploaded for iOS, but it takes 1-2 days to approve the new version by Apple...
p.s. The new version (.108) was uploaded to Google Play also, may be it will work for you...
@vadII
iOS version working fine, max W changed and it was stored correctly and affected the output. Still some vibrations on ep8-rs when setting to >350W and battery <50% but I think this is a battery or motor limitation.

thanks!

RustyIron

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
Jun 5, 2021
La Habra, California
100 Nm out of an EP8???

Perhaps I've overlooked this in the past, or maybe it's a new option. Just minutes ago I upgraded my firmware to 4.1.8. I also upgraded STUnlocker to whatever today's version is. I was just clicking around though the options, and discovered an option to bump up the torque to 100Nm. It's on the same screen where you can kick up the power from 500w to 600w. Is this a new option? Has anyone done it?

chrisknap

Dec 22, 2021
St Just St Rambert
Bonjour,
Je n'arrive pas a configurer mon EP8 avec l'application ST UNLACKER, même avec la licence prenum. je ne sais pas quel fichier .dat sont a garder ou pas lors de la connexion a l'aide de iFunbox. y a t il un personne qui aurait directement les fichiers a réinjecter dans l'application via iFunbox. par avance merci. sous iphone XR

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
It's on the same screen where you can kick up the power from 500w to 600w. Is this a new option? Has anyone done it?
You could do something similar with the e8000 motors in the older versions of the software, so I don't think any of this is new, though I don't remember the torque figure going that high on the e8000.

Someone did up their e8000 to the max wattage a long long time ago and burnt the motor out - co-incidence or not I don't know, but certainly something you do entirely at your own risk.

I did play around with it on an e8000 with the figures bumped up 10% from normal. The motor did seem very slightly more powerful, but considerably less smooth in it's power delivery. It was as if the algorithm didn't adapt for the larger power envelope and it all just felt a bit "rough" and snappy - wasn't an overly nice riding experience.

From what I remember, in back to back tests it took 1 second off a 2 minute climb. I suspect the software was already configured for the optimum performance from the hardware and increased power allowance didn't directly correlate to real world performance gains.

Deimos

Apr 25, 2021
Germany
100 Nm out of an EP8???

Perhaps I've overlooked this in the past, or maybe it's a new option. Just minutes ago I upgraded my firmware to 4.1.8. I also upgraded STUnlocker to whatever today's version is. I was just clicking around though the options, and discovered an option to bump up the torque to 100Nm. It's on the same screen where you can kick up the power from 500w to 600w. Is this a new option? Has anyone done it?

I tried to Programm it. Up to 99nm it saves the setting. If you try 100nm it switches Back to 85.
And even if you set to lets say 95nm you can't set the value in the assist settings, only up to 85 nm. So i think its a Glitch??
And the max Motor Power can't be set above 500w on my Ep8 with 4.1.8? I thought thats not an option to set the max power over 500 w for the Ep8?
Only can do that on my e8000 with 4.3.2

RustyIron

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
Jun 5, 2021
La Habra, California
Thanks, guys. I don't think I'll goof with it at this point. I like to push the envelope, but I ride so rarely in Boost, that it seems like a poor utilization of my time to squeeze another 14-15Nm out of the motor.

Bobba Fett22

Jan 4, 2022
Nelson
Hi everyone,

New here, a proud rise owner M20. What is the best (safest) way to remove the speed limit to US 20mph? Not too fussed about Nm as 60 is plenty and hardly ride above eco anyways.

I've never upgraded the FM since getting it so I know there is a new update available. Can I used android and STunlocker ?

What's the process and any impact on performance/range/battery?

Many thanks

KEVVIBEZ

Jan 6, 2022
Netherlands
I have the app with license and set my E6100 to USA regional 32km/h. But now I want to get a little bit more speed like 35km/h with the right speed showing up in the display. Does anybody know if this is possible?

Bobba Fett22

Jan 4, 2022
Nelson
I have the app with license and set my E6100 to USA regional 32km/h. But now I want to get a little bit more speed like 35km/h with the right speed showing up in the display. Does anybody know if this is possible?

Did u do it via Bluetooth or PCIE? I have the ep8RS

lwong214

Oct 20, 2021
Chicago
set US + 1300 circumference
Does the license only worth for 1 bike at a time? Or do I have to buy a new one every time I get a new bike? Cause it doesn't work with my new bike for some reason, downgrade to 4.5, e7000 but the circumference can't be changed or the country unlike my previous bike

Screenshot_20220118-155421_ST Unlocker.jpg

vadII

E*POWAH Master
Feb 19, 2019
Earth
This is what Shimano can see, even if all settings are returned to original ... in case you need to use your warranty.

View attachment 81323
I see the same messages when settings of my bike is not default. With default settings I don't have any messages.
Could you send me a screenshot from STUnlocker with the bike's info and regulation settings (if it's EP8) and I'll tell you what is not changed to default/factory.

Rockmount

Aug 2, 2021
Belfast
I see the same messages when settings of my bike is not default. With default settings I don't have any messages.
Could you send me a screenshot from STUnlocker with the bike's info and regulation settings (if it's EP8) and I'll tell you what is not changed to default/factory.

OK ... apologies, I reset also the assist settings, and the warning has gone. I'll just delete the post, thought it was a new feature in etube professional.

Hitorogoshi

May 19, 2020
South Africa
excuse my ignorance, been sifting through this thread and can't find the answer...

1 - my EP800 firmware is currently on 4.1.1
2- I have the $1 version of STunlocker (my app does not give me any option to upgrade in the menu, unless my eyes are really shit, I must obviously be connected to the bike then for the option to appear)
3 - What will happen if my fimrware updates after the region change? Will eTube change back to EU or stay on US? I will most likely lose my settings?

Last edited:

vadII

E*POWAH Master
Feb 19, 2019
Earth
excuse my ignorance, been sifting through this thread and can't find the answer...

1 - my EP800 firmware is currently on 4.1.1
2- I have the $1 version of STunlocker (my app does not give me any option to upgrade in the menu, unless my eyes are really shit, I must obviously be connected to the bike then for the option to appear)
3 - What will happen if my fimrware updates after the region change? Will eTube change back to EU or stay on US? I will most likely lose my settings?
1. Ok
2. You have to connect the bike first to get the Premium licence
3. Nothing. Moreover, for EP8 motor you have to upgrade firmware to the latest version after derestriction.
No.
No.

Bobba Fett22

Jan 4, 2022
Nelson
If doing it over Bluetooth you will need to downgrade the firmware to 4.0.1 I think. The rest is straight forward (as above)

Just make sure to put the phone in airplane mode as it can cause disruption during upgrading/updating.

10splaya

Mar 1, 2022
Miami
Thanks. I was able to download now just waiting for my friend to stop by as he has ios. Thanks.

I also have Rise H10 and iOS 15.3.1

iOS version1.14.82 of ST Unlocker. Will that work to downgrade the firmware from 4.1.6 to where it needs to be for unlocking?

I was just following this post and Im trying to avoid any issues before I start.

vadII

E*POWAH Master
Feb 19, 2019
Earth
I also have Rise H10 and iOS 15.3.1
It's not possible to downgrade the firmware using iPhone with the latest ETube App installed on it. So you can't derestrict the bike via Bluetooth. Get an android phone for downgrading or get Shimano PCE interface for derestriction without downgrading (Windows PC required)

10splaya

Mar 1, 2022
Miami
It's not possible to downgrade the firmware using iPhone with the latest ETube App installed on it. So you can't derestrict the bike via Bluetooth. Get an android phone for downgrading or get Shimano PCE interface for derestriction without downgrading (Windows PC required)

Is this something I can use a MacBook with along with Parallels? (Winders emulator for Mac)

And is there a specific Shimano cable to use? I think there are a few...the Di2?

vadII

E*POWAH Master
Feb 19, 2019
Earth
Is this something I can use a MacBook with along with Parallels? (Winders emulator for Mac)
Yes

And is there a specific Shimano cable to use? I think there are a few...the Di2?
PCE-02, PCE-1.

But I would recommend you to find an Android phone for downgrading and then derestrict your bike using iPhone

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles