Kenevo Gen1 Stuck on turbo mode

GeordieKenevo

May 12, 2023
Newcastle Upon Tyne
Hey all

My trusty 2019 Specialized Kenevo Gen 1 has suddenly got stuck in turbo mode so pressing any of the handlebar control buttons doesn't work.

As it's a Gen 1 I've also tried using the buttons on the battery and that doesn't work either - any ideas?

:unsure:

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
I'd guess the button has got stuck or the cable damaged and it's constantly pressing "up"/"Turbo" ..

Disconnect the handlebar controller at the motor and the battery buttons should work....... in theory ...

GeordieKenevo

May 12, 2023
Newcastle Upon Tyne
I'd guess the button has got stuck or the cable damaged and it's constantly pressing "up"/"Turbo" ..

Disconnect the handlebar controller at the motor and the battery buttons should work....... in theory ...
Is it hard to get to the connector at the motor? Ideally don't want to go to the dealer :oops:

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
From what I remember it was take off the none driveside crank (should self extract), remove the lower plastic motor cover. You could take the top one off first, but I'm pretty sure it connected at the bottom.

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
Any tips to take apart the control panel / buttons on the battery to clean it up inside?
There was this video of getting into the whole battery.

Spesh pulled quite a few of the batteries for warranty which I think involved adding silicone around the buttons, not sure if they pop it out somehow or not though... doubt it ..

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles