Levo SL Gen 1 Brake Hose stuck

MTBJay

Jul 20, 2020
UK
Hi Need help!! trying to change my rear brake hose on my levo sl changing to Magura and cant seem to push or pull the hose though it wont move, do i need to undo the screw on the left side where the cables enter the frame Picture below.

Levo sl.jpg

James_C

Nov 25, 2019
Kent, UK
Have you removed the shock and undone the cable clips beneath it? you won't get far without doing that.

Also I'd suggest use the old hose to pull the new one through by connecting them together.

Stihldog

Handheld Power Tool
Subscriber
Jun 10, 2020
Coquitlam, BC
There’s a very small barbed connector (male/male) that fits into most hydraulic or cable hoses. Once connected properly you can feed the new hose through difficult or tight areas using the old hose as a guide. I use a push/pull method as to not put too much force on the hose. Of course any areas that are bolted or screwed, to clamp the hose, must be loosened or removed. Most of the time only an inch of hose is sacrificed (no big problem).

Use the hoses that are provided with your new Magura brakes. Patience is your friend.

IMG_7240.jpeg

IMG_7239.jpeg

Last edited:

Stihldog

Handheld Power Tool
Subscriber
Jun 10, 2020
Coquitlam, BC
Thanks Guys all sorted now New Magura MT5s fitted just need to bleed them now
After you’ve bled the brakes and are satisfied with the lever feel, take your bike out for a bumpy ride. This tends to free up some micro bubbles trapped in the calliper. Those micro bubbles will rise to the master cylinder.

A mini bleed, at the master cylinder, may be necessary after this.

Ps; Use this ride to bed in your new pads properly. That’s important also.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles