Levo Gen 3 2023 Turbo Levo Carbon - Dropper cable housing seems stuck. ?

Porcupine Slim

Dec 23, 2023
Moab Utah USA
Hi,
I received a 2023 Turbo Levo Carbon yesterday and have run into trouble installing the dropper seatpost. The cable housing is stuck, and I did not want to yank on it until I learned that I should loosen it if it is anchored somewhere.

Before posting here, I read the recent Yet another Turbo Levo dropper cable question and the circa 2109 Levo dropper cable routing threads.

I have loosened the cable port near the head tube, loosened the water bottle mounting bolts, and removed the battery.

The housing is so tightly stuck that I can not imagine anyone being able to adjust the seat height after I manage to install the seatpost.

Do you have any suggestions specific to the Gen 3 2023 Carbon Turbo Levo frames?

Thank you.

Last edited:

Porcupine Slim

Dec 23, 2023
Moab Utah USA
Update:

The documents posted by @Kiwi in Wales were very helpful: 2022 Levo Gen 3 - Schematic for SMALL PARTS

I already had the battery removed, which provided access to the inside of the downtube. I removed the bolts for the water bottle cage and pulled the cable housing from the housing guide snap-in clips, which softened the bend of the cable housing up into the seat tube from a sharp 90 degrees to a mild obtuse angle.

Now, I can pull the cable housing back and forth as I had hoped.

If there is a better method, I would like to learn it.

I don't expect to be able to adjust the seat height conveniently once the installation is complete. I feel lucky that I know my preference.

I wonder how a business could show or rent the bikes to customers with such a troublesome seat height adjustment.

Porcupine Slim

Dec 23, 2023
Moab Utah USA
Just in case someone searches and ends up here with a similar question:

2023-Turbo-Levo-Dropper-Cable.jpg

Binhill1

🍊 Tango Man 🍊
Mar 7, 2019
Scotland
Dropper Posts can be a pain. One up v2 has been a menace when it goes wrong .My cable ferrol is a smidge too big to fit in housing on post so comes out sometimes. I fitted a manic one today it's been in cupboard for 3 years brand new. I fitted it perfectly working great. Took post out to put gripper paste on put back didn't work. Out again looked OK put back in working ok again, I give up .

fone

Sep 27, 2023
Bavarian Outback
While I had do problem moving the housing back and forth with some slight force, if I push the Fox Transfer too far down, it gets released. Somehow the lever on the bottom of the seatpost seems to be getting activated by some part of the frame?
Anyone else have experienced that?

Binhill1

🍊 Tango Man 🍊
Mar 7, 2019
Scotland
While I had do problem moving the housing back and forth with some slight force, if I push the Fox Transfer too far down, it gets released. Somehow the lever on the bottom of the seatpost seems to be getting activated by some part of the frame?
Anyone else have experienced that?
That's what I was getting it would be ok for months then the ferrol would come out and it wouldnt work properly . My post was too long by about two inches that probably didn't help. So maybe don't insert it so far 🤔 see if that helps but you will lose some of the dropper height. Was out Monday and Manic one was working perfectly so here's hoping.

fone

Sep 27, 2023
Bavarian Outback
That's what I was getting it would be ok for months then the ferrol would come out and it wouldnt work properly . My post was too long by about two inches that probably didn't help. So maybe don't insert it so far 🤔 see if that helps but you will lose some of the dropper height. Was out Monday and Manic one was working perfectly so here's hoping.
Although I spent 1 year in Scotland (Edinburg) :love: 28 years ago, I must admit, i don't understand "ferrol".
Google can't translate it to german either.
Plz help me out there! Cheers!

At the moment I can just about make it work, but if it moves down a few mm, it might start acting up again.

Last edited:

Binhill1

🍊 Tango Man 🍊
Mar 7, 2019
Scotland
Ferrule is proper spelling. The little black bit that fits on cable housing. On the one up post it only went in ten millimetres so came out easily. The wire would stay connected but ferrule had nothing to push against so dropper wouldn't work. I tried taping it that worked sometimes. Good luck

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles