Levo Gen 2 Internal shifter cable housing replacement

Dmurphy48

Dec 25, 2019
Evergreen, co
Looks like I need to replace the shifter cable housing and it doesn't look too easy. Any tips or tricks? My LBS told me to place a piece of old spoke in the old and new housing to keep them together but the only spokes I have don't seem to fit in the housing. I took off the cable guides behind the shock area but can't get out the plastic block that connects to the frame at the back. Not sure if that is intended to come out or not.

Reactions: EME

salko

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Aug 29, 2019
SLO
Such little bit is much helpful when pulling new housings/hoses trough the frame using old ones: RockShox Rock Shox Reverb Stealth Barb Connector - 00.6815.066.030
For the lower plastic cable holder you just have to untighten it (and both small cable clips behind the shock as you already did), you can't (and its not needed for replacing housings) remove it easily because it has nylon hoses which goes deeply into the frame ...

Bigtuna00

Nov 27, 2019
CA
Just get a proper cable routing kit that has all the connectors and adapters. It's not like they're expensive. For example this one.

Dmurphy48

Dec 25, 2019
Evergreen, co
Well that amazon deal looks good. I ordered that reverb connector for $6 and if that doesn't work ill jump to the more elaborate kit. Thanks for the info everyone

KennyB

E*POWAH Master
Aug 25, 2019
Taunton
Full kit looks good of you are installing from scratch, but you have the original in place, so the reverb connector looks good. Suggest you don't just try and pull the news cable through, but push/pull to take three strain off the connector.

Dmurphy48

Dec 25, 2019
Evergreen, co
I couldn't wait for the reverb barb and it wasn't that bad to complete the job without it. I tried taping the two cable housing pieces together but the hole in the rear triangle is so small it wouldn't pull through. I ended up just pushing the new cable through and then there is a nasty bend to get into the motor housing so I unbolted the lower bolts of the rear triangle to feed it easier and it went right in. From there the feed from the area behind the shock to the front of the triangle was easy and much larger of a space at the front so I just waded some tape around the two housing pieces and pulled it through the front. You definitely need to take the shock off and remove the three cable guide bolts and I would recommend taking off the front access port cover. From there it wasn't so bad.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles