Rattling internal cables

Squatch

Feb 20, 2020
Washington State
jagwire foam.jpg

I used this on my Yeti build........... Works really well. Just be patient installing it! It is also a little spendy, but comes with enough to do several bikes.
Internal Housing Damper | Jagwire

Akiwi

🐸 Kermit Elite 🐸
Feb 6, 2019
Olching, Germany
I had that on my cube up in the head area.
I pulled the battery holder out and inserted a bit of foam pipe insulation up there around the cables. Actually it was the packaging material they used when the bike was delivered, so a bit thinner than the normal Pipe insulation. Made a HUGE difference.

qwertycube

Apr 29, 2020
Scottish Highlands
I had that on my cube up in the head area.
I pulled the battery holder out and inserted a bit of foam pipe insulation up there around the cables. Actually it was the packaging material they used when the bike was delivered, so a bit thinner than the normal Pipe insulation. Made a HUGE difference.

My Cube is also rattling very badly. How easy was it to remove the battery holder? Thanks.

Akiwi

🐸 Kermit Elite 🐸
Feb 6, 2019
Olching, Germany
To tell you the truth, it was a royal faffing pain in the bum!!
I can't even help you with it as I am not sure I did it right. Also my battery is more difficult to get in or out since I did it. :-(
There are 2 rubber stoppers that have to be removed with screws under them. Plus the 2 bolts at the top and 2 at the bottom. BUT there are multiple washers etc under each bolt that have a tendancy to fall out and dissapear somewhere into your bike frame.
And I had to remove the lock as well.

Levo-Lon

Jan 21, 2020
Uk
Pop to builders merchants and get a can of expanding foam.
Pump contents into all hollow voids of your bike.
Stand back and watch your beautiful bike become worthless but rattle free ?

Or simply remove slack in cables and use a bit of foam zip ties ect

ryturn

Sep 12, 2019
Australia
mine was the dropper cable as it passes the TCU and down the top tube ,carbon frame always picks up more noise . Slipped a length of insulation foam in.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles