Levo SL Gen 1 Power On 'Emergency' Mode ?

phil_h

Mar 25, 2021
Powys, Wales, UK
My wife and I have the 'switching on' problem with one of our 2021 Levo SL's - sometimes works fine, but mostly switch it on and it immediately switches itself off again. Swap the TCU from one bike to the other and the fault goes with it... so its not cables/motor/battery/connectors. (I've already put silicone/dielectric grease in the connectors btw)
Not had any error codes displayed, ever, on either bike.
To get it staying powered up, there is a trick - hold the power button down for the whole time its booting up - but then the mode switch buttons on the the TCU and the handlebar switch dont have any effect (but the walk button still works). Turning off also requires a very long press of the power button. After playing around to find out, the mode it starts up in is whatever you have set in the app. This is _definitely_ a 'back door'.
Its my wife's bike that failed, and I found this out at the trailhead (!!!) so we got a ride. I then swapped it over to mine, and I've rode with it like that yesterday in the dry. (No washing the bikes at the mo !!!)
So I replaced the TCU backup battery last night, and everything seemed good. Plugged the charger in overnight, and this morning the fault's back again. After sitting in a dry, warm boiler room.

Last edited:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles