Levo Gen 3 Battery stuck alloy frame

Brianjonesphoto

Patreon
Oct 8, 2018
Seattle USA
I went to remove my battery for the first time today so it could charge while I tinker on the bike.

I can’t get the battery all the way out. Something seems to be catching the top end of the battery as it gets to the bottle cage area. I removed the cage bolts no change. Before I take the brute force and ignorance approach what else could be hanging the battery up?

Thanks.

2412F960-0DCF-4924-9DB6-A84775E794AC.jpeg

Last edited:

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
There was something similar once before but I can't remember what it was ....

I guess you could try pushing it back up a bit, then make sure all the cable feeds in are pulled out straight in case one is twisted in there ?

I'd say jiggle it, but you wouldn't be here now if you'd not tried that :)

yorkshire89

E*POWAH Master
Sep 30, 2020
North Yorkshire
There's a plastic mount on the end of the battery that pushes against the frame like a leaf spring, it holds it in quite tight.

Wiggling the other end of the battery towards and away from the rear tyre while pulling usually helps get it out.

mtbbiker

Sep 15, 2018
Murrieta
I have the same issue and same with my brother’s bike. Right at the end it catches. I push back in and then back the other way quickly. Then of course going back in, it catches in the same spot.

_Martin_

Oct 31, 2019
Stuttgart, Germany
Had the same issue on my Levo. Turned out the threads for the screws holding the motor cover were cut to short. Hence the screws were sticking out, catching on the battery expander clip. Does'nt really speak for Specialized when it comes to quality, since that issue could have easily been spotted during assembly, I mean someone must have pushed the battery in using brute force in the first place. Since Specialized did not manage to resolve the issue even after accurately describing the issue (would've needed a new forward motor mount) I just fixed the issue myself using shorter screws.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles