Levo Gen 3 Alloy Frame dings. How best to rectify?

brigcampbell

May 30, 2022
SoCal
I'll spare you of the gory details but I picked up this nail and it did a number on the chainstay.

How best to fix it? I'm not really concerned about looks so if I had to put fingernail polish and gorilla tape over it I don't care.

20231129_115621.jpg 20231129_121936.jpg 20231129_121951.jpg

Last edited:

Husky430

E*POWAH Master
Jul 8, 2019
Glasshouse Mts - Australia
Your lucky your bikes red, first one was a lime green and the latests a milky coffee colour neither what you would call an popular ladies nail tint. Still managed to match both, there is an awful lot of nail polish out there once you start looking. The cheap shops seem to have the best selection.

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
Your local motor spares place will have hundreds of car paint colours and some generic ones too. You may strike lucky and find a perfect match (I've done it once), but mostly you will find a "close enough" version quite quickly.

irie

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
May 2, 2022
Chichester, W.Sussex, UK
Your local motor spares place will have hundreds of car paint colours and some generic ones too. You may strike lucky and find a perfect match (I've done it once), but mostly you will find a "close enough" version quite quickly.
An old trick is to do the same on both sides so they match, then it looks intentional.

mustclime

Apr 19, 2023
New Jerzy
Brake out your paint kit and make it look like a wound…… little black and blue… some pink, red and maybe some white.:oops:

Dave_B

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
Aug 29, 2020
Newquay
Is that hope stem the same angle offset as the stock? I see you have all the spacers below as do I.

I think I want to raise the bars a little to take some pressure off my back and dinged up wrist.

it a 35/35 stem with 0 degree rise.

brigcampbell

May 30, 2022
SoCal
Your lucky your bikes red, first one was a lime green and the latests a milky coffee colour neither what you would call an popular ladies nail tint. Still managed to match both, there is an awful lot of nail polish out there once you start looking. The cheap shops seem to have the best selection.

Touched it up with red finger nail polish, The Warden had about 6 colors to choose from and the Revlon red was a perfect match.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles