Other 2021 Levo Alloy frame crack

mtbbiker

Sep 15, 2018
Murrieta
I saw this crack on my frame the other day and dropped my bike off at the local shop. I'll find out soon what Specialized is going to do. As you can see, the crack is on the main frame just below the lower swingarm mounting area.

Just curious if anyone else has had anything similar?

Thanks,
Thanks,
Crack.jpg
Close up.jpg

RustyIron

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
Jun 5, 2021
La Habra, California
Specialized is really good about warrantying stuff like that. I don't think you need to worry.

A few years back I was working on my friend's Stumpy. She bought the bike used, from a guy who bought it new at some unknown shop. It was a few years old and had a lot of miles on it. While working on the bike, I found a crack in the swingarm. I took it over to the Specialized dealer down the street. He got on the phone, and the rep told him that they no longer had parts for that particular model, but they had some spares in their warehouse. A few days later, I had the new/used one in my hands. But... there was something a little different about it. I can't remember what was different. But we got back on the phone, and a few days later the correct one was delivered.

I was really impressed at the amount of effort that Specialized put into getting us the correct part. My friend still buys everything from that shop. Good customer service buys a lot of customer loyalty.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles