Strava help needed

JoeBlow

Jul 7, 2019
South West, UK
I'm looking for routes in my local area in Gloucestershire around Cranham and Painswick Beacon. I know of 2 or 3 but I see videos of far more, some of which provide links to Strava segments providing maps etc., but when I look at Strava on my phone none are displayed. What am I not doing?

Al

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
If you want to see "Routes" you have to be a strava subscriber.

Sometimes you can find bits of routes by clicking on Segments in the map view and seeing where they are - you then get an idea where the tracks/routes are.

wildsau2

Jul 6, 2018
Germany, Karlsruhe
On strava routeplaner (Web) u must activate the segment switch

if u have a garmin 530,830 or 1030 device and you have the latest Jun/July update u can easily view common routes on the maps. U can set in the activity profile to which types of route u are interested (mtb rr etc). So just show the maps when u riding and follow the colored route

pampmyride

Dec 28, 2020
Sussex Massif
Log into Strava. Then on a new page search for strava heat map. This shows all & most used routes... I then plot route & send GPX file to the cheapo small chinese phone. No need to subscribe.

MadTurnip

Jan 14, 2021
Dublin, Ireland

Make sure to sign in to strava, set mapstyle to "standard"
These trails are on trailforks though and so are some others in your area.

Tubby G

❤️‍🔥 Hot Stuff ❤️‍🔥
Dec 15, 2020
North Yorkshire
If you follow some random mtb’ ers in your area you can download their routes as gpx files, from the desktop version of Strava

Easy to find people, just look on the all-time leaderboards for segments

I follow Danny Hart as he trains in Guisborough Woods not too far from me. Don’t think I’m bonkers enough yet to follow his routes yet though!

JoeBlow

Jul 7, 2019
South West, UK

Make sure to sign in to strava, set mapstyle to "standard"
These trails are on trailforks though and so are some others in your area.
Ah Hah. Thank you. Not as easy to view as TraiForks I have to say.

Tubby G

❤️‍🔥 Hot Stuff ❤️‍🔥
Dec 15, 2020
North Yorkshire
Ah Hah. Thank you. Not as easy to view as TraiForks I have to say.

trailforks is great for finding off-piste trails but don’t trust their grading systems. They’ll often be classed as blues or reds but are actually certain death blacks!

JoeBlow

Jul 7, 2019
South West, UK
trailforks is great for finding off-piste trails but don’t trust their grading systems. They’ll often be classed as blues or reds but are actually certain death blacks!
I know as I found to my cost last year. Did a couple of off piste trails at FOD that were marked blue and had to get off and push even downhill. I noticed they were later upgraded to 3 dot downhills or double diamond blacks. That's why I'm quite cautious now. Strictly blue with a few reds thrown in when I'm in the mood. I'm not a good enough rider to get out of my depth like that and I did not enjoy the experience.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles