STRAVA WAN###

Neilvx

Jul 4, 2018
Hampshire
funny thing is. you can't tell all that much by Strava stats alone at all.
Many strava users KOM/PR hunt. ie. seek out specific trails, practice them to death and turn up intentionally when said trail is in it's best condition to attempt to place high on the leaderboard. (or in the case of road riders, pay attn to wind direstion/ride in a group) not saying they're not still good riders just that (even glitch free) Strava isn't always a very fair playing field.
A good rider is obvious when you see them ride.

haha I have waited on wind direction before when me and friend were battling a KOM on the local estimate :)

Or , use it to see how you improve over time .

Or , leave the times recorded as bike not e-bike - set to private and or followers .

Or , start your own segments on the trails - this is 'funner' as an e-bike is a fantastic tool for covering ground .

Most strava segments are very short - like a sprint of 500m to 1000m - set your segments to a couple of kays - some of mine are reset to 2-3kms .

As they are e-bike most riders will not bother .

The e-bikers using the strava will find them and then the fun starts !

I've lost and gained with strava but i use it as a mapping tool along with a compass and topo map .

i'm also not too concerned with what people think , my bike takes me on an adventure and some rides are wilder than others !

Macone

E*POWAH Master
Oct 28, 2018
Wellington New Zealand
I just use Strava to see how im progressing. I do like to see how my times compare to the young fit guys on organic bikes, just out of interest. I don't really care what they think, with no disrespect intended. If they comment I always remember the signs at "Jelly Stone Park", "Don't feed the bears".
Just keep riding and enjoy what you do for you.

Nifty 56

Dec 13, 2018
Lytham St.Annes
My Strava rides are listed 'Private' by default so they hidden when they are uploaded.

I then edit the details afterwards at home. If I'm on my emtb and there are no ebike segments listed, I USED to set it 'Hide from Leaderboards' so the time showed wasn't interfering with the MTB KOMs. But 'Hide from Leaderboards' is now included when you select 'Followers' rather than 'Everyone'...

'Followers
Only your followers will be able to access this activity's detail. This activity will not appear on segment or challenge leaderboards. Members who do not follow you may be able to view a summary of this activity depending on your other privacy controls.'

I always list the ride as 'E-Bike Ride'. I get a higher placing on the E-Bike leaderboard than on the MTB leaderboard on my Stumpjumper :love:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles