Help with Strava segments for ebikes

Cesar

Jan 17, 2022
Madrid, Spain
Hi all,
As you may already notice Strava segments for bikes and Ebikes are different.

This is anoying for two big reasons:

1. We must CREATE AGAIN all the segments for Ebikes. There are millions of segments, we will need years to match the number of segments that already exists for standard bikes.

2. Most of us came from standard bikes and we want to compare times between both, and as the segments are different WE CAN'T COMPARE TIMES.

So basically I want your help to request Strava they share same segments for bikes and Ebikes with two different leaderboards. It's an old request in Strava's forum, and if we give positive votes maybe Strava will listen us.
PLEASE VOTE THIS THREAD
Thank you!!!!!!

B1rdie

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
Feb 14, 2019
Brazil
There is anothet thread about strava where the op posted a script in java that will convert your segments to ebike segments.
I did not use it and don’t know if its updated but it did work at that time.

Cesar

Jan 17, 2022
Madrid, Spain
It's easy to make your own ebike segments, ride the trail on ebike setting, make segment so it matches regular bike segment, done.
[/QUas
As I have explained we will spend years to make all segments. Why strava dont save as so many time?
If you have already created segments manually you will know they will not be exactly the same

Frank_Denmark

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Dec 17, 2018
Denmark
How to convert analog Strava segments into to eMTB segments

1: Get this extension for Google Chrome - It allows you to download existing segments - Strava GPX Export

2: Find the segment done by analog bike and copy the name

3: Download wanted segment to your PC

4: Upload back into Strava via Log In | Strava

5: Insert the copied segment name

6: Change "Activity" Type to "E-Bike Ride"

7: Change "Privacy Controls" to "Only you" - So this newly "ridden" segment is not showed on the leaderboard

8: Click "Save and View"

9: When viewing the segment - Click on the 3 dots on the left side

10: Chose "Create segment"

11: Select segment

12: Insert copied segment name

13: Remove tick for "Make this segment Private"

14: Click on "Create"

15: Segment is now saved as E-Bike segment

16: Go to "My activity" and delete the uploaded segment to keep you activities clean

Do this for every segment of Your local trail - May take some amount of time...

I have done it for 200+ segments last year 😇

Boltdude

Jan 18, 2022
California, USA
Or just keep your Strava set to private to track your progress on analog segments without affecting leaderboards, thus not making people angry who pride themselves on being fast on a meaningless slight climb between trails 🙄🙄
This is what I do as well. I’m most interested in downhill segments how I compare to all riders not just eBikes. Although it is fun to see how much faster I am compared to the Amish riders on the climbs😁

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles