Strava Segments / How to copy non ebike segments?

RickBullotta

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Jun 5, 2019
USA
If your save your ride as an Ebike ride when you create a segment from that ride it will automatically be created as a new Ebike segment. If you declare your ride an Ebike ride it will only appear in Ebike leaderboards.

yes, but there are already thousands of segments already created. The point is to no have to recreate them for eMTBs.

Hey @nickbeeton - wanted to wait until I'd got ver 0.5.2, which for some reason my browser updated to by itself today.

Unfortunately it's still not working :cry:

I get the following in the console:

Code:
window.f started Convert bike segments to ebike segments on Strava.user.js:17:10
window.ff started Convert bike segments to ebike segments on Strava.user.js:93:10
TypeError: window.window2.document.getElementById(...) is null
eval line 2 > eval:95:26

I'm using Firefox 72.0.1 (64-bit) on a Mac.

@nickbeeton I do have Adblock Plus and Disconnect turned off. All that happens when I click on [Copy Bike Segments to PUBLIC Ebike Segments] is a new blank tab opens, and nothing else. Here's what I get in console:

Code:
window.f started Convert bike segments to ebike segments on Strava.user.js:17:13
Original segment Going E-Japanese ( Black ) start 1107 end 1153 Convert bike segments to ebike segments on Strava.user.js:42:21
Original segment FeEt in Mouth start 1320 end 1380 Convert bike segments to ebike segments on Strava.user.js:42:21
Original segment Black Root ’E’nd start 1599 end 1653 Convert bike segments to ebike segments on Strava.user.js:42:21
Original segment Uncle Mont-E start 1919 end 1981 Convert bike segments to ebike segments on Strava.user.js:42:21
Original segment Going Japanese start 192 end 292 Convert bike segments to ebike segments on Strava.user.js:42:21
window.ff started Convert bike segments to ebike segments on Strava.user.js:98:13
TypeError: window.window2.document.getElementById(...) is null
eval line 2 > eval:100:29

Last edited:

nickbeeton

Aug 9, 2019
Hobart, Australia
I just tested it myself (it'd been a while, and I had a long ride somewhere new to try it out on) and looks like it! I'd appreciate if anyone else could confirm, but it also looks like they've taken away the 10 new segments a day limit...? I think the script got through at least 20 before I got bored with it :p

sarnie63

Apr 15, 2019
East Yorkshire
I just tested it myself (it'd been a while, and I had a long ride somewhere new to try it out on) and looks like it! I'd appreciate if anyone else could confirm, but it also looks like they've taken away the 10 new segments a day limit...? I think the script got through at least 20 before I got bored with it :p

@nickbeeton Ok I’m obviously doing something wrong then ?
If I open an e-bike ride & click on copy bike segments to public e-bike segments it just opens an edit activity page.
As shown in the photos....

84F95AC9-7DCD-4921-8B08-F1B2D6DA8BD1.jpeg

3ADA4E6A-3305-4358-ADE0-70220B63251A.jpeg

nickbeeton

Aug 9, 2019
Hobart, Australia
@nickbeeton Ok I’m obviously doing something wrong then ?
If I open an e-bike ride & click on copy bike segments to public e-bike segments it just opens an edit activity page.
As shown in the photos....

View attachment 27959

View attachment 27960

Hmm I don't know... and it still does nothing if you wait for a few seconds? Try opening the console (usually Ctrl-Shift-I) and let me know if any errors have come up.

norcalguy

Apr 18, 2020
San Rafael
Hi @nickbeeton
First, thank you so much for creating this script - I have used it successfully in my area to great benefit to many riders!

Last week, the script seems to have stopped working, nothing happens at all when I click the button ( chrome/firefox/opera ) I'm on Windows 10.

The console error is:

userscript.html?id=9b78eda5-9975-449b-bf22-8adeb24bc90d:19 window.f started
userscript.html?id=9b78eda5-9975-449b-bf22-8adeb24bc90d:41 Uncaught (in promise) TypeError: Cannot read property '0' of null
at window.f (userscript.html?id=9b78eda5-9975-449b-bf22-8adeb24bc90d:41)
at HTMLButtonElement.window.f1 (userscript.html?id=9b78eda5-9975-449b-bf22-8adeb24bc90d:398)

Thanks in advance if you can fix it.

Cheers

Paul Mac

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Subscriber
Jul 9, 2018
Uk
Hi @nickbeeton
First, thank you so much for creating this script - I have used it successfully in my area to great benefit to many riders!

Last week, the script seems to have stopped working, nothing happens at all when I click the button ( chrome/firefox/opera ) I'm on Windows 10.

The console error is:

userscript.html?id=9b78eda5-9975-449b-bf22-8adeb24bc90d:19 window.f started
userscript.html?id=9b78eda5-9975-449b-bf22-8adeb24bc90d:41 Uncaught (in promise) TypeError: Cannot read property '0' of null
at window.f (userscript.html?id=9b78eda5-9975-449b-bf22-8adeb24bc90d:41)
at HTMLButtonElement.window.f1 (userscript.html?id=9b78eda5-9975-449b-bf22-8adeb24bc90d:398)

Thanks in advance if you can fix it.

Cheers
Same here its stopped

MrBrownstone

May 2, 2020
Maine
I love getting KOMs on my ebike. I'll beat a KOM by a minute and then the former KOM holder stews about it all night, puts his spandex on, figures out how to shave a few grams off his bike, leaves his water at home to save weight, heads out the next day in the heat, beats my KOM by a couple of seconds. I let him have the glory for a couple of days and then hit the trail again with a slightly higher power setting. I'm providing a community service.:D:LOL:. They need me to make their life more meaningful. Ha.

^^^^^^THIS FTW.?

wrayb

May 9, 2019
North Carolina
The purpose is the "segment" is to race other users. The op wants to import segments for ebike use and I'm the tool. Ha

Posting any electrically assisted ride on a non-electrically assisted segment leaderboard can lead to lots of disgruntled pedal bike riders. And really what have you proved to yourself or anyone else? If you cheat you can beat people who don't cheat?

Utah Rider

Jul 4, 2019
Utah
Hey, even in golf they have a handicap. ?
Anyway, it's just plain fun. I get a KOM, then Strava sends the former KOM holder an email telling them they aren't the fastest anymore. They then either flag my ride or post on my page and I change the classification. It should be a feather in their cap knowing that they are as fast as an ebike. Personally, I think they shouldn't even allow a segment that is under a mile long. I like the KOMs that are like 10 miles or one hour. They are more accurate. A regular rider doesn't get throttled to 17mph on flat or almost flat sections. Regular riders don't have their motor derate because of heat. Sometimes on the long KOMs it takes some real ingenuity to figure out how to beat the traditional rider with a 52 lb bike and camelbak HAWG with supplies and a spare 10 lb battery. It's nothing a regular rider should be upset over. Lately I've been seeing lots of road bikes on high altitude trails with their skinny tires. They are going for the KOM also. ?

leftside

Mar 26, 2020
Vancouver
This works great! I had a little trouble at first, but realized I just need to LEAVE IT running after click "Copy...". Sometimes it looks like it might have died, but just leave it... I've been creating hundreds of segments all over the Vancouver North Shore. I don't run into too many e-bikes out here, but I see now that I've created the e-bike segments that they are definitely out there.

walker

Jan 5, 2021
Innsbruck
@nickbeeton
I'm having some issues with your plugin.
When I click on "copy" it will open a new window and change the activity to "ride" and then nothing happens.

:) ?
136050617_1163839817347718_5621397762170277851_n.png

Any suggestions?

Thank you!!
walker

/edit: it looks like it works with edge. great job man!!

Last edited:

stu3y

Jan 30, 2021
teesside
this dosent seem to work for me any more? it converts the ride to mtb, then back to emtb then the browser closes and thats it, am i doing something wrong?

Chad156

Mar 21, 2021
Atlanta, GA
Used this today to convert all the bike segments to E-bike segments at my local single track. Latest version and adding strava.com to allowed popups, it worked like a champ!

Thanks!!!

Outinthewoods

Jun 22, 2022
Norway
After all the updates on strava I now get error popup: strava says you made to many segments.
If i make manually it works fine. Anyone? Love this script so bad.

Last edited:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles