Stolen bike

TommyBall

Feb 12, 2019
Edinburgh
****STOLEN BIKE**** Morning folks not the post I'd like to add this morning but my bike was stolen last night. Fingers crossed I will get it back. Only my new bike was taken the old bike was left. It's a specialized levo and below is a picture. Reward for returning.
IMG_20190504_065650_374.jpg

TommyBall

Feb 12, 2019
Edinburgh
So sorry to hear this, bastards :mad::mad::mad:
Cheers buddy. Looks like it's been targeted. Was at glentress yesterday and just been unlucky.

Please feel free to share.

They didn't get the battery or charger so if anyone is selling could those items could you please be aware that they might be used for a stolen bike.

TommyBall

Feb 12, 2019
Edinburgh
Sorry to hear that. Would you mind sharing how they managed to break entry to get it? So others can put measures in place (if any at all).

Was in a shed so they burst the doors for access. Inside I had anchor points which are untouched. All the locks. Kriptonie and litelocks have been taken as well. Along with the pad lock from the shed.

I had it installed so I thought there would be a lot of noise. Myself and the neighbours all have dogs but that wasn't enough. We had someone staying with us last week in the backroom and typically they left last week.

Fuck these folk.

Mattwilko92

Aug 22, 2018
Staffordshire, UK
Sorry to hear that. Would you mind sharing how they managed to break entry to get it? So others can put measures in place (if any at all).

Was in a shed so they burst the doors for access. Inside I had anchor points which are untouched. All the locks. Kriptonie and litelocks have been taken as well. Along with the pad lock from the shed.

I had it installed so I thought there would be a lot of noise. Myself and the neighbours all have dogs but that wasn't enough. We had someone staying with us last week in the backroom and typically they left last week.

Fuck these folk.

Scumbags. Hope its insured?

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
A couple of local scrotes followed me from the park the other day. I’d been exercising the dog and spotted them watched my me as we did laps. When I left they jumped on a couple of scabby BMX’s and followed me so I took them on a tour of the housing estate up every cul de sac I could find. They eventually got bored and fucked off. I didn’t have a phone on me unfortunately, or I would have got pics. I’m fairly sure they are known to the police because they fit the description of the scum that mugged my neighbour’s lad just after Xmas.

Be careful out there folks and stay vigilant.

TommyBall

Feb 12, 2019
Edinburgh
A couple of local scrotes followed me from the park the other day. I’d been exercising the dog and spotted them watched my me as we did laps. When I left they jumped on a couple of scabby BMX’s and followed me so I took them on a tour of the housing estate up every cul de sac I could find. They eventually got bored and fucked off. I didn’t have a phone on me unfortunately, or I would have got pics. I’m fairly sure they are known to the police because they fit the description of the scum that mugged my neighbour’s lad just after Xmas.

Be careful out there folks and stay vigilant.

Are you in Edinburgh?

TommyBall

Feb 12, 2019
Edinburgh
Not much of an update here but I'm just so disappointed.

I feel that I am constantly looking at any bike that goes by wondering if it's mine. Also feeling stupid about where my bike was left even after all the precautions I had taken. I also feel that maybe I was to trusting of people. On the trails I would always answer any questions about the bike and would always say it's the best decision I've made in recent times. It was allowing me to get out and forget about my delays for going back to work. I also noticed a big difference after playing golf and feeling ok walking off the 18th rather than totally buggered.

Still waiting for the insurance to get sorted as it was a bank holiday and just opened again yesterday. Hopefully all will be ok with that.

Been calling all the bike shops as I still have the battery and charger. Most of the bike shops have been amazing and have been taking the serial number of the bike incase someone calls in. Given how the bike was taken they might have this taken care of already.

I had been looking at GoPros following robs videos and they look amazing and well presented. I was hoping to do a review of my levo after owning it for 4 months as a fairly novice rider. On the plus side I could still do a video about my bike going missing. Holding off spending money until I've got a new bike and my home security has been upgraded.

Still hoping that the bike is found and in alright condition. If there are any other updates I will pass them on.

If you are in your local bike shop could you pass on my frame number as like I said the people that took my bike will need a charger and battery.

Stolen Specialized Levo

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles