Bike was stolen whilst in for repair

paul-g

Dec 27, 2019
yorkshire
Asked where all my parts were and we were both in a hurry to get away, I’ve not even sat on it, it looked good in the shop covered in wd40 no where near the lights, I put it in the van and came home, should have brought something up there but only noticed all the bad points when I had it upside down checking the wheels for a buckle
ohhhhhh dear

paul-g

Dec 27, 2019
yorkshire
Asked where all my parts were and we were both in a hurry to get away, I’ve not even sat on it, it looked good in the shop covered in wd40 no where near the lights, I put it in the van and came home, should have brought something up there but only noticed all the bad points when I had it upside down checking the wheels for a buckle
could say a bit more but i think i`ll
plead the 5th on this

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
They are taking the piss now. You to reject the bike in writing, listing the faults, and tell them you require a like for like replacement or the next step is legal action.

Bluegord1993

Jan 13, 2020
Grantown-on-Spey
I'd have never accepted that bike. Sounds more like a rental than a demo.

Time to go legal. List the price paid for the original bike and its condition. Plus all the items and money spent on it.

Ask for settlement or small claims court will be filed. Either new bike or full settlement. Court costs will be added if he doesn't comply. He has zero chance of winning and defending the claim will be more expensive.

He is liable for the difference in his insured loss and your loss. Remember these clowns buy trade price on everything and he has already made money from you. So he can replace your loss probably at no real loss to him if he properly itemised your loss to his insurance company.

Tell him small claims will add roughly £800 to the cost and a day of his time plus all the prep work for his defence.

Sounds to me like he would rather get new stock and sell it to someone else than replace your bike.
Had a chat with him last night regarding the bike, and have come to an agreement/deal that keeps both of us happy and as I told him, as long as I’m looked after and not mugged off I’ll always use his shop for my bike and family bikes, so hopefully he stands good for his end of the deal.
Slight glimmer of light at the end of the tunnel now

EebStrider

Apr 18, 2020
Surrey, UK
Had a chat with him last night regarding the bike, and have come to an agreement/deal that keeps both of us happy and as I told him, as long as I’m looked after and not mugged off I’ll always use his shop for my bike and family bikes, so hopefully he stands good for his end of the deal.
Slight glimmer of light at the end of the tunnel now

What’s the agreement you came to?

nikparab

May 20, 2021
India
I think you should be given a replacement of the same or better specification or money to the value of a similar specification replacement at current market rates.

Coolcmsc

Oct 29, 2019
U.K.
More to the point, since it’s few weeks later, did they:—

a) sort the bike out to your satisfaction? We don’t need to know the detail, but of course we’d like to know ?

b) write down those attractive commitments to looking after you? Especially trade price parts… ?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles