More stolen bikes - Surrey

MrSimmo

E*POWAH Elite
Apr 24, 2020
The Trail.
For some reason, whenever anyone embeds media on the forum, I just get a big blank space in the post. Same happened the other day with an Amazon link.

Could you copy the url in please mate and I’ll put the word around?

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
For some reason, whenever anyone embeds media on the forum, I just get a big blank space in the post. Same happened the other day with an Amazon link.

Could you copy the url in please mate and I’ll put the word around?
Are you using a Mac / Safari? I think its something to do with Facebook cross browser tracking and Mac's removing the link...

MrSimmo

E*POWAH Elite
Apr 24, 2020
The Trail.
Are you using a Mac / Safari? I think its something to do with Facebook cross browser tracking and Mac's removing the link...

Yup - Mac with Monterey/Safari and also iOS15 does the same. 'Cross-site tracking' is blocked and 'Hide-IP from trackers and websites' is enabled.

I also use iCloud Private Relay which is the built in privacy/redirection component of Monterey etc.

MrSimmo

E*POWAH Elite
Apr 24, 2020
The Trail.
Just turned off the cross browser tracking in safari and can now see the image in the post, so looks like you were spot on there Rob

(a) I don't want to do that just to enable functions of one website; cross site tracking prevention is a really positive privacy tool in Safari. Surely there is a way to achieve media embedding without needing to break privacy protection in users browsers.

(b) Work policies prevent disabling.

(c) Apple's roadmap, will force enable this in future versions of the browser, so turning it off won't be an option in the future.

Rich-EMTB-UK

E*POWAH Master
Aug 11, 2019
UK
(a) I don't want to do that just to enable functions of one website; cross site tracking prevention is a really positive privacy tool in Safari. Surely there is a way to achieve media embedding without needing to break privacy protection in users browsers.

(b) Work policies prevent disabling.

(c) Apple's roadmap, will force enable this in future versions of the browser, so turning it off won't be an option in the future.
I have turned the cross site tracking prevention back on tbh, just useful to know what causes the image not to display.
Surely your not trying to view this while working :)

Mabman

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Feb 28, 2018
Oregon USA
Here's the fix. Screw Fuctbook....Sorry you lost your bike but not losing any sleep over a blank link here.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles