Snapped motor bolt!!??

dreads6

Mar 25, 2019
United Kingdom
Hi guys i recently found that two of my motor bolts on my 2019 levo came lose so i was tightening them up and one has snapped off can i claim on my warranty for this? it wasn't very tight at all on my torque wrench when it sheared off??

I know i can take the motor out and carefully drill it out and replace the bolt but wanted to check before i do this if something like this would be covered it seems the bolts are made of soft alloy and really need to be steel imo ?

Tia

Ripping g

E*POWAH Elite
Dec 8, 2019
West yorkshire
Hi guys i recently found that two of my motor bolts on my 2019 levo came lose so i was tightening them up and one has snapped off can i claim on my warranty for this? it wasn't very tight at all on my torque wrench when it sheared off??

I know i can take the motor out and carefully drill it out and replace the bolt but wanted to check before i do this if something like this would be covered it seems the bolts are made of soft alloy and really need to be steel imo ?

Tia
Carnt see it they will just say its been over tightend 18nm is not a lot

Cisco

May 1, 2018
Elderslie
With the tension released from the bolt (due to snapping) the old stub should come out with ease. Put a little epoxy glue on a smaller dia. bolt, locate it on the stub and leave overnight. It should unscrew no problem.

Trying to drill out a steel bolt in an threaded alloy hole is asking for trouble. Good luck with it.

dreads6

Mar 25, 2019
United Kingdom
With the tension released from the bolt (due to snapping) the old stub should come out with ease. Put a little epoxy glue on a smaller dia. bolt, locate it on the stub and leave overnight. It should unscrew no problem.

Trying to drill out a steel bolt in an threaded alloy hole is asking for trouble. Good luck with it.
I think the bolts are alloy not steel?

ebikerider

Oct 1, 2019
Australia
No need to drill them out, just remove the motor and the bolts go into removeable nuts. Just buy a new motor bolt set and a torque wrench and you'll be good to go.

KennyB

E*POWAH Master
Aug 25, 2019
Taunton
They are cadmium plated steel.
I'm a bit puzzled. A magnet will not stick to the motor bolts on my 2020 Comp which made me assume they were a non ferrous alloy. A magnet sticks to very few bolts on my bike, top shock mount about the only one that springs to mind.

Bearing Man

Ebike Motor Centre
Patreon
Sep 29, 2018
UK
I'm a bit puzzled. A magnet will not stick to the motor bolts on my 2020 Comp which made me assume they were a non ferrous alloy. A magnet sticks to very few bolts on my bike, top shock mount about the only one that springs to mind.
Sorry, thought we were talking Brose S & T, my bad.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles