Levo Gen 2 Lost a motor bolt...

Andy E

May 29, 2020
Illinois
Hi all, on my SW Levo 2019 I recently had the motor replaced (see my other thread if you’re interested) - I can’t easily go back to that shop, it’s 1000 miles away in Montana.

Everything has been great since, but last night I got back from a great adventure and just before I was about to wash the bike I spotted this motor mount bolt is missing... its the forward top bolt on the left hand side. I had a look through photos and it was there last week, so I guess it came loose and fell out on this muddy ride.

Does anyone know the part number? All the local bike shops here are closed on Sunday and I’d rather just order one directly to here, but that doesn’t seem to be an easy option.

Any advice?
cheers
andy

50E25AFD-67F0-4DC3-8D84-4F55F73D348F.jpeg

Andy E

May 29, 2020
Illinois

Coburn

Aug 18, 2019
Somerset
thanks for doing the research!! Wow, fifty euro for a kit when I need one bolt. Jeepers.
its a great photo though, and it looks like all the four main motor bolts are the same which is helpful, I wasn't even sure what this missing bolt looks like.
did you find a sorce for single bolts? i also have broken one!

RebornRider

May 31, 2019
NorCal USA
I was planning to suggest that we build a database of Levo hardware bits so that guys could order things like individual bolts. I've been modding cars for 40 years and working as a product design engineer for 30. I've never seen a bolt like this. Maybe the frame pivot bolts are generic? I don't think these motor bolts are generic.

LevoMotorBolt.png

boBE

Apr 12, 2020
FL
At least your bolt waited until the end of the ride to fall out, it's nice and clean in there. ;)
Most (all ?) of the bolts appear to be bespoke, sure makes it difficult to get spares.

Unicycle_DG

Sep 26, 2020
Kentucky
I snapped a motor mount bolt on MY21 Levo. It’s the one that holds the chain guide (though I understand all four motor mount bolts are the same). Looking at my owners manual, the replacement is part # is S194200012 but I don’t need the whole motor mount kit. Can I purchase just the one bolt (and possibly one spare)? @Specialized Rider Care

A32247EF-BD71-4245-B77C-CFEC297FB918.jpeg

Alexbn921

Sep 27, 2021
East Bay CA
All the bolts are the same length, BUT the chain keeper bolt only engages a couple of threads because of the extra spacers. It's a design defect and you ABSOLUTLY CAN'T tighten that bolt to spec. I am look for a longer replacement too.

Unicycle_DG

Sep 26, 2020
Kentucky
All the bolts are the same length, BUT the chain keeper bolt only engages a couple of threads because of the extra spacers. It's a design defect and you ABSOLUTLY CAN'T tighten that bolt to spec. I am look for a longer replacement too.
@Alexbn921 Can you confirm yours is a Model Year 21 (gen2) Levo same as mine? If so, it sounds like the $2 replacement bolt, that I purchased from Home Depot (which is retaining torque nicely after a couple of rides), might actually be better, because it’s a little longer, than any of the four specialized bolts in my $86 motor mount kit. Shame we have to put up with design defects on these high priced bicycles. Shame indeed.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles