Levo Gen 2 Sicom mudguards

• Thread starter Deleted member 7464
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 7464

A short post but are the sicom little mudguards really worth £55??

Chris2

Jan 27, 2020
South Africa
A short post but are the sicom little mudguards really worth £55??
The rear guard is the best on the market. The way it is designed and fit really protects muck and stuff from entry into the motor cavity. Important for pre 2020 models. Look on the forum as well. Lots of discussions on this exact topic.

D

Deleted member 7464

I do agree that they look top drawer but 55 of the queen's English pounds seems steep

salko

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Aug 29, 2019
SLO
Some time back I have asked if someone can post a photo with this Sicomtb rear mudguard after a muddy ride, there was no response...
I do believe mud can be easily thrown over this mudguard (because it is relatively short) onto the chainstay area where protection is most needed ... Not worth the price imho, especially if you account in international shipping ...

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 7464

Pyr0

E*POWAH Master
Sep 22, 2019
Wirral, UK
Some time back I have asked if someone can post a photo with this Sicomtb rear mudguard after a muddy ride, there was no response...
I do believe mud can be easily thrown over this mudguard (because it is relatively short) onto the chainstay area where protection is most needed ... Not worth the price imho, especially if you account in international shipping ...
I agree on the price. I also didn't like that with the V2 SicoMTB guard, there's less protection for the lower swing arm

I have one on already but I'm struggling with the tyre rubbing even after I have shaped it correctly.
Where does it rub? I 've not had an issue with mine.

D

Deleted member 7464

I agree on the price. I also didn't like that with the V2 SicoMTB guard, there's less protection for the lower swing arm

Where does it rub? I 've not had an issue with mine.
It just to say rubs around the lower arch,I am using 2.6 magic Mary's at the mo so that's maybe not helping

Bigtuna00

Nov 27, 2019
CA

Entitled much?

The Sicomtb guard doesn't replace a rear fender. That is to say, if you're riding in serious mud, aren't you using fenders already? But most fenders don't block this area. I.e. I use both. I leave the Sicomtb guard installed year-round to protect the motor area from debris, especially for little rocks and crap that like to get stuck in the small gap between the motor cover and chainstay/swingarm. I install a fender (Mudhugger Large rear fender) in winter so that I have complete protection from the BB on up.

I'd post a picture for you but I had to move my fender to my other bike. So sorry...

Last edited:

NoPro

Aug 2, 2019
Austria

I can agree 100% infact I just replaced it with this thing suggested here on the forum which in my opinion does a better job. Here is a pic of the "protected area" after I removed the sicomtb, I only ran it from the beginning of september till about two weeks ago. But I can say the sponge specialized put in there does a decent job as nothing but dust entered the motor area

sIMG_20201210_103224.jpg

edit: none of the two are designed to protect you from mud but to protect the motor from mud and debris that could enter via the hole under the chainstay

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 7464

Wow,that's bad.i gave mine a bit of a clean today and it's spotless compared to that.i will stick with the little guard I'm using already,sorry for the shite pic

20201229_100251.jpg

TrackRat

May 26, 2020
SchnellerGT981
Like mine but did find that in heavy muddy conditions (where tires aren’t clearing the mud) that I got heavy tire rub against the guard. Not a big issue but had to traverse a few sections on foot and without the rear wheel turning it was a major PITA

congerball

Jun 3, 2019
Yorkshire UK
I made this. Old inner tube, 5cmx1cm of sticky back Velcro (hooks and loops) scissors, black marker pen and tiny bit of super glue to help Velcro stick to the tube (careful not to get any on the loops) I only had white Velcro so I coloured in the hook section to match my frame colour. Bit of trial and error getting the shape right, this is mk1?

5D008E53-835B-4C79-A29E-738E46A4F5E3.png

462A3D73-37A5-4A3A-A4F5-AD12DF622972.jpeg

Last edited:

grantini

E*POWAH Master
May 7, 2019
Delaware

IMG_5835.jpg

Konanige

Feb 29, 2020
Mendips
No front mudguard only, thats the rules. Shove a bit of motofoam in the gap if your worried about your plastic frame!

MrSimmo

E*POWAH Elite
Apr 24, 2020
The Trail.
Central coast guard ftw. Ordered mine before Christmas and it arrived from the US to the UK in under a week ? Will is really helpful as well, awesome service.

Side note - follow the instructions!!! A few people dont and the bolt holder inside the motor case falls back...

I like the look of the Sico but didnt want to have to remove the Specialized rubber protector.

D

Deleted member 7464

Central coast guard ftw. Ordered mine before Christmas and it arrived from the US to the UK in under a week ? Will is really helpful as well, awesome service.

Side note - follow the instructions!!! A few people dont and the bolt holder inside the motor case falls back...

I like the look of the Sico but didnt want to have to remove the Specialized rubber protector.
That's the one I use already,cracking little bit of kit and does its job well apart from the little bit of tyre rub.

Gordon

Oct 18, 2018
Porto Portugal

Gordon

Oct 18, 2018
Porto Portugal
Expensive, yes, but it's designed specifically for the Turbo Levo and there's plenty of other gear that's way overpriced and we don't think twice about it. Did you ever pay +€50 for a t-shirt?
I use a Mudhugger on top of the Sicom, held together with a quick tie. Even that needs an extension because the draft over 20kph sucks water onto my backside. This setup keeps me dry in all conditions at any speed.

IMG_20200118_123148.jpg

IMG_20200118_123041.jpg

Gordon

Oct 18, 2018
Porto Portugal
It just to say rubs around the lower arch,I am using 2.6 magic Mary's at the mo so that's maybe not helping
A 2.5 tire doesn't rub. The V2 version gives you the clearance needed but leaves the paint work exposed. I've reinstalled the V1 lower piece without the original plastic protector and find that it gives me the factory clearance and protection of the paint work as well. Here's a photo of the V2 paint exposure problem.

IMG_20201124_112133.jpg

EME

MUPPET
Subscriber
Aug 14, 2020
Zug
A 2.5 tire doesn't rub. The V2 version gives you the clearance needed but leaves the paint work exposed.. Here's a photo of the V2 paint exposure problem.

View attachment 48912
I totally agree. Frankly the V2 ( i didn’t have a v1 ) leaves the paintwork more exposed than the factory fit. I wouldn’t buy again for that reason. Creates a problem that didn’t exist ex-factory.

Also can’t recommend the front either. Keeps moving a little and rubbing under load however tight / often you refit.

TrackRat

May 26, 2020
SchnellerGT981
I just pulled the top portion of my Sicom off. Left the lower piece. Found there is too little clearance with 2.6 rear tire. Getting muddy here and there is a lot of clay in the area. Rear wheel wasn’t spinning without trying to pry the clay out

Baba

Aug 11, 2019
anacortes, WA
Cheaper option would be a Central Coast levo guard.
You can also find them on eBay.
So I have this, rode once on a sloppy day dirt got in between it and the frame where mounted. Blew it out with a compressor tried to use a small tool to get the gunk out and could not do it to stop rubbing without removing. Is this common?

Pyr0

E*POWAH Master
Sep 22, 2019
Wirral, UK
So I have this, rode once on a sloppy day dirt got in between it and the frame where mounted. Blew it out with a compressor tried to use a small tool to get the gunk out and could not do it to stop rubbing without removing. Is this common?
I can't say I've had that problem personally.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles