Kenevo SL KSL rear mudguards

Oct 25, 2022
Scottish borders
Hi,
I am getting a load of loamy, muddy, needley stuff building up around the rear shock on my KSL. It's a pain to get clean. Has anyone found a neat solution. I got a guard from simcomtb but it wasn't for a SL an dthey don't do one for a KSL. So...... solutions?

cañonaco

Feb 3, 2020
España
39F5A620-C7A6-4984-9C99-6026B3B8A3DB.jpeg
F4057CBA-8013-4DDD-9900-841010B2C4A8.jpeg 61CD3EC6-79E6-4482-8E41-8EF8267A4718.jpeg

CraigF.

Jan 19, 2023
Cape Town
Hi,
I am getting a load of loamy, muddy, needley stuff building up around the rear shock on my KSL. It's a pain to get clean. Has anyone found a neat solution. I got a guard from simcomtb but it wasn't for a SL an dthey don't do one for a KSL. So...... solutions?
Hi, made my own from an old gaurd as per pictures - seems to deflect mud etc. and keep the area around the shock clean ... used a cardboard template to start as the holes for the cables ties are key to the guard sitting flush and not touching the tyre ...

IMG_7909.jpg IMG_7911.jpg

CjP

PRIME TIME
Subscriber
Jan 1, 2019
Everywhere
I used a Sicomtb Kenevo FF rear guard I had lying around. Wasn’t a perfect fit but has done the job to keep mud away from most of the linkage. Tire’s are 2.3 with room to grow

06EC98C6-4903-4580-A412-B125749DDAF4.jpeg

irie

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
May 2, 2022
Chichester, W.Sussex, UK
Cut a flap from 1mm/thin neoprene to protect the rear pivots and fix it with a cable tie just above the charging port (obviously). Been posted before but worth reposting ...

Oct 25, 2022
Scottish borders
I've put a Flexi front guard in and it stopped the vast majority of wet clay getting dumped onto the shock. My real concern is the holes for the cable runs are in there and they open into the motor area. Which given the slop seems block the drain holes underneath could make this a bit wet.

Myalteregohamish

Jan 4, 2023
Vancouver, WA
I've put a Flexi front guard in and it stopped the vast majority of wet clay getting dumped onto the shock. My real concern is the holes for the cable runs are in there and they open into the motor area. Which given the slop seems block the drain holes underneath could make this a bit wet.
The Pacific Northwest has been brutal for slop this last 2 months. I just had the motor replaced and have now fitted a mudguard as you all have in that shock area. It has helped but I agree the holes both in the stays and down tube do allow a steady trickle into the more sensitive areas of the electronics. Not been an issue so far but who knows in the future.

Jambot

Apr 16, 2023
Nara, Japan
Hi, I was inspired by the solutions on this thread, so designed a rear mudguard using laser cut 0.75mm polypropolene sheet. There are two parts, one for the top triangle and one for the bottom. As the rear triangle changes size, the two parts rub against each other, and not the frame.
Feel free to use this design (see PDF file). If you don't have a laser cutter, you can print onto A3 paper and use as a cutting template. Also a bonus front mudguard included. Enjoy!

mudguards4.jpg mudguards3.jpg mudguards2.jpg mudguards1.jpg mudguard5.png

Attachments

• mudguards_KSL.pdf
    359.6 KB · Views: 124

Myalteregohamish

Jan 4, 2023
Vancouver, WA
Hi, I was inspired by the solutions on this thread, so designed a rear mudguard using laser cut 0.75mm polypropolene sheet. There are two parts, one for the top triangle and one for the bottom. As the rear triangle changes size, the two parts rub against each other, and not the frame.
Feel free to use this design (see PDF file). If you don't have a laser cutter, you can print onto A3 paper and use as a cutting template. Also a bonus front mudguard included. Enjoy!

View attachment 111726 View attachment 111727 View attachment 111728 View attachment 111729 View attachment 111733
This is great, thank you. Have you tested it out. I’d love to see if this works. I guess you don’t hear the rubbing over the motor.

Jambot

Apr 16, 2023
Nara, Japan
This is great, thank you. Have you tested it out. I’d love to see if this works. I guess you don’t hear the rubbing over the motor.
Got a muddy ride planned for tomorrow, so I'll report back soon. It doesn't make any rubbing noise, the two parts are only lightly touching each other.

Jambot

Apr 16, 2023
Nara, Japan
Hi, so after a very muddy ride, here's the results. It works, but could do with improving. Although no mud goes directly into the sensitive areas, quite a lot hits the seat and post, then falls down onto the shock. So I'll do another design iteration and see if it can be improved.

20230417_175024~2.jpg 20230417_174956.jpg

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles