Levo mudguards

xcentric

Feb 2, 2019
Market Drayton
What front and rear guards have people found to be effective in stopping you getting a face full of muddy water and a striped backside? MuckyNutz used to be my goto but are there better options now? Seen the review of the Crud XL but it seems bulky around the forks and a strange gap in it too. Experiences?

hbakken

Nov 27, 2018
Norway
Just installed this cheap Zefal mudguard: Deflector FM20
Worked real great in wet road/gravel road! No shit on chest and eyes so impressed by it.

Also consider a mudguard for rear. Don't know which one yet.

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
Crud XL for me. Removes almost all mud splatter. 60 seconds to fit / remove. No issues with the gap in it for me.

004AAC04-A322-4DAE-B28A-46862DF81132.jpeg

Andy A

Patreon
Jan 13, 2019
North Yorkshire
Hmmm I know they do a job but that looks a bit big and ugly on the bike, I had muckynutz on my Whyte and it looked good and did the job although probably not as good a job as yours does Rob but I do struggle with the look of mudguards and when Linda gets her Levo I need to source something small and neat maybe muckynutz again.

deanphoto

Dec 14, 2018
UK
What front and rear guards have people found to be effective in stopping you getting a face full of muddy water and a striped backside? MuckyNutz used to be my goto but are there better options now? Seen the review of the Crud XL but it seems bulky around the forks and a strange gap in it too. Experiences?

I have a Powa dfender. Like the Crud XL; it’s big and perhaps not the prettiest thing you can attach to a bicycle, but I can swap it between my Levo, 5010 & V10 and it really does work. Just have a browse of the reviews online.

If you like to go fast whilst being able to ride without squinting because of the constant worry of getting loam thrown into the back of your eye ball, then I can highly recommend one. If you’re worried about how cool you look I wouldn’t bother.

Once you try a proper guard you won’t go back to a MuckyNutz/MarshGuard style guard.

IMG_4697.jpg
APC_0528.jpg
APC_0678-hdr.jpg

Levo

Oct 30, 2018
Scotland
Hi, I run a Mud hugger FR 27.5 front and rear on my 2018 Levo, rear needs a bit of surgery additional holes drilled for the cable ties, but in the end works very very well. I run 2.8 DHR/DHF and occasional 2.5 shorty on the front no clearance issue. I am sure I have posted a pic on here somewhere but don't know how to link to other posts. Mud hugger also provides the real benefit of protecting your Forks, and most of your downtube. Nothing will ever keep you and your bike clean short of not going out in the UK weather and what would be the point of that :)

All the best and what ever works for you.

Apples

Oct 27, 2018
Wiltshire
Controversial I know but I run a Neo guard up front as I like the look and a cut down plastic thing on the rear just to keep some muck away from the gap !
But I do clean my bike properly after each dirty ride .

Levo

Oct 30, 2018
Scotland
Nice, I bet that helps keep you as the rider less mucky, Have you tried mounting it differently. Just to add I use the Mudhugger FR (Front) on the rear set up.

HKP57

Jul 7, 2018
Central Scotland
Nice, I bet that helps keep you as the rider less mucky, Have you tried mounting it differently. Just to add I use the Mudhugger FR (Front) on the rear set up.

The older bike does not have same issue with hole in the frame so keeping me clean is higher on the list

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles