Rise US firmware installed😀

Vwrise

Jun 15, 2021
Nottingham
Just had the US firmware installed on my Rise today, you need STlocker premium license at £33 then was transferred using windows STUnlocker for Windows, requires Shimano PCE interface and supports all latest Shimano firmwares without downgrading.
Great upgrade 😀

cookie70

Mar 23, 2022
Central Coast, Australia
It is probably just a motor setting for US values, not an unique firmware.
yep agree, if using stunlocker its not a "special" firmware just changing region setting. I'd love to do mine, I even have the equipment but risk is to great if I have a problem. Only bothers me when riding on firetrails etc..

soundwave

May 13, 2020
Helsinki, Finland
Emax software allows switching between EU and US regions and at least the Etube Professional software doesn't notice a region change EU->US->EU if one worries about potential maintenance issues. This update really did transform the bike and I highly recommend it.

shredjim

May 5, 2021
White Salmon, WA
Emax software allows switching between EU and US regions and at least the Etube Professional software doesn't notice a region change EU->US->EU if one worries about potential maintenance issues. This update really did transform the bike and I highly recommend it.
"really did transform the bike". How???

Longfellow78

Jan 4, 2022
Hampshire
I'm coming back here after a long time away. I'm fed up with the absurd 15mph limit and want to switch my 2022 H15 to US spec. Is the "emax" method considered the best? Not sure what that is. I don't want to need to buy the shimano hardware box. Thanks.

b33k34

Apr 15, 2021
UK
I'm coming back here after a long time away. I'm fed up with the absurd 15mph limit and want to switch my 2022 H15 to US spec. Is the "emax" method considered the best? Not sure what that is. I don't want to need to buy the shimano hardware box. Thanks.
Watching the video it does appear, with the recent firmware, to simply change the motor location setting. that feels a much better way of increasing speed than any of the hacks and you know it's completely within the safe operating parameters of the motor.

But 119euro per bike for the licence - ouch!

texano999

Jan 14, 2023
Italy
Watching the video it does appear, with the recent firmware, to simply change the motor location setting. that feels a much better way of increasing speed than any of the hacks and you know it's completely within the safe operating parameters of the motor.

Is this working also for ep801?

LeeS69

Aug 27, 2022
Yorkshire
I'd love to do it, but at the same time it's going to eat my battery, I'm almost always over the 15mph limit on anything flat or downhill. At 20+ I'd be in the motor zone most of the rides, even on techy descents. As it stands I would expect I could get 50 miles plus on a decent ride. But at 20+, no chance! And still got a years warranty left... :D

lockin

Dec 1, 2020
Wrocław

It cost 20e with other app and functionality is same

Screenshot_20230706_083953_com.huawei.photos.jpg

b33k34

Apr 15, 2021
UK
It cost 20e with other app and functionality is same

View attachment 119592
"If your firmware is marked with 4.1 or higher, not all functionalities will be available. You need to downgrade the firmware. It is a relatively simple process that takes about 10 minutes and you only need a PC and your mobile."

can you elaborate as a user? My reading of https://etuning-app.com/downgrade_ios.pdf is that this software doesn't work with up to date firmware on the EP8 motor

lockin

Dec 1, 2020
Wrocław
This app works same way as others apps posted on the forum. It connects to motor via Bluetooth and change settings. But there are 2 things that some people mess. First to do this you need to go back to older version of shimano motor firmware like 4.0.2. that allows to make that changes. Second thing all apps only allow to change basic settings in free mode. To change region, Tyre size and other advanced settings you need to buy premium version of the app. And last thing for RS version of the EP8. You can go back with motor firmware to older version and change premium sertings via bluetooth app on it but after that you need to go back to current version of firmware. Reason for that is because RS motor with older firmware (at least with 4.0.2) shows error e35 until you go back to current firmware. But bluetooth app work as usuall even when error e35 is displayed. My orbea settings below.

Screenshot_20230707_214343.jpg

Longfellow78

Jan 4, 2022
Hampshire
This app works same way as others apps posted on the forum. It connects to motor via Bluetooth and change settings. But there are 2 things that some people mess. First to do this you need to go back to older version of shimano motor firmware like 4.0.2. that allows to make that changes. Second thing all apps only allow to change basic settings in free mode. To change region, Tyre size and other advanced settings you need to buy premium version of the app. And last thing for RS version of the EP8. You can go back with motor firmware to older version and change premium sertings via bluetooth app on it but after that you need to go back to current version of firmware. Reason for that is because RS motor with older firmware (at least with 4.0.2) shows error e35 until you go back to current firmware. But bluetooth app work as usuall even when error e35 is displayed. My orbea settings below.

View attachment 119698
Hi, thanks for posting. I am slightly confused though. I have a later version of the firmware, so I understand I need to roll back my firmware to an older version, buy this app and connnect it, change the region, and then what? Can I update to the latest version of the firmware but it stays on US region? does it all work then? A bit confused. Thanks.

lockin

Dec 1, 2020
Wrocław
Hi, thanks for posting. I am slightly confused though. I have a later version of the firmware, so I understand I need to roll back my firmware to an older version, buy this app and connnect it, change the region, and then what? Can I update to the latest version of the firmware but it stays on US region? does it all work then? A bit confused. Thanks.
Correct. Make change on old version and go back do new. I guess and I think it is right that when that old firmware version was the current one ep8 RS was not release yet so it is not included in the code.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles