Reign E+ 2022

Ashley M

Dec 29, 2020
Derbyshire
Let the Guy get some xmas peace. It takes 3-4 days of filming to do the video. On that you are depending on the weather co-operating. He have had the bike less then 2 months.

he even might be waiting for some response from Giant about the software/app issues.
Still be useful to know when we can expect it! Rob, you did such a good job of wetting our appetite!

jbv

Sep 7, 2021
Vancouver Island BC
there are exactly no reviews of this bike anywhere. it's kinda strange. nada. so here's mine after 5 rides. great bike. feels very natural at the pedals. seat tube angle is hella steep, like it feels like 80 degrees steep. makes the cockpit slightly short feeling to me, but it's relatively minor. feels very slack and low, cause it is, like it was designed to fly downhill. and that's all i got because winter hit with a vengeance here and put an end to all riding for a while. this is the first eeb i've owned and only the second one i've ridden but i'm glad i waited till now as to me, it's what i want and expect of an eeb and i can't wait for spring as my mojo for riding is back in a big way.

Reactions: MO1

jeanmarc

Mar 2, 2021
Canada
Another one waiting for the review, hopefully be worth it. There was a Reign in the shop ready and waiting but didn't want to push the button until I've seen a review or two. Now it's sold! 😬
This is EXACTLY what happened to me.
I went through the whole 36 pages of this forum, again, there are a lot of members that have posted their impressions of the bike so far… I guess that was enough for me and I "pushed the Button” for on the next one coming in a month (E+2). Cheers!

MO1

Dec 16, 2021
USA
It is odd that Rob will be the only in depth review. EMBN has a few vids but not a real in depth breakdown.

Buckle

Dec 18, 2021
UK
This is EXACTLY what happened to me.
I went through the whole 36 pages of this forum, again, there are a lot of members that have posted their impressions of the bike so far… I guess that was enough for me and I "pushed the Button” for on the next one coming in a month (E+2). Cheers!
I'm still able to ride here albeit in very wintry conditions. This bike makes those conditions rideable. I've always had medium framed bikes and come from Bronsons, Nomads and have a Hightower. I also have a 2019 Merida E160 which has been great. Nothing compares to the comfort and sure-footedness of my large Reign. It's addictive. I have absolutely zero regrets, it climbs like it shouldn't and descends in a planted manner which would befit a downhill bike. I love the back end, it just digs in and screams faster. Ok its heavy in certain situations ( lifting over deer fences) but it is what it is! A cracking machine to explore the most outrageous Scottish landscapes. I haven't bothered with the app as life is too short to measure all that stuff. Just enjoy the ride.

Duke

Feb 15, 2021
Germany
Conclusion about mine:

I come from a 2020 Levo. I've ridden it for two years. It is a nice bike but sometimes i felt it is a little stiff for me. Cornering around small technical edges felt sometimes unsure to me and it often seems like i'm sitting on the bike.
The reign feels like it is exactly made for me.
I'm sitting in not on the bike. Cornering is easier for me i think it's depending on the MX tire setup. There is nothing i'd like to change at the chassis, not even turning the handlebar to another position. It fits perfect out of the box. That is insane for me because of different bike and motorbike accidents i have a lot of broken bones making me trouble in my older days and being comfortable on a bike.
I feel so much more sure and stable on it, it climbs great, it jumps great, it flys great, DH is wonderful.
I also like the motor a lot. The only thing is the problem that my battery emptys to fast, but i will get a new one at the end of january. Hopefully then everything will be fine. I never had problems with mud or water while hose it down.
I think i have arrived at this bike 👍

This App is crap!
25/10 Motorsoftware shown as 1218A
7/12 Motorsoftware shown as 1865
28/12 Motorsoftware shown as 1800A
All on my Android Samsung S20

Then checked my iPhone xs today App Version 1.10.xxx
Motorsoftware shown as 1218A
Updated the app to the new Version
Motorsoftware shown as 18000

The App does nothing than changing the view but not the Firmware.
S20
View attachment 78972
Iphone View attachment 78974 View attachment 78973

Problems i have:

1. Still waiting for a new battery to arrive in two more weeks. Waiting since end of October.
Allways had a short reach. Right now i have a battery lent from my LBS 500 wh, and it also has a short reach. Wondering if the new one will be better or if it is something else that dosn't belong to the battery.

2. At a backend hinge on the right side there is not enough space so parts scratch on each other. Ordered some aluminium spacers which are 0.2 mm wider to solve the problem, will see how it works.
20220107_005231.jpg

And all together spare part delvery time is realy bad and customer support is slow, don't know if it belongs to the world situation or Giant.

Friend of mine who's having a frame problem was told to get his new frame in 16-20 weeks.

Nobody can tell you when the 750 wh battery can be delivered for the aftermarket and a Giant Service employee told me if the guys who buys their bike with the 750 wh battery have a service problem they could only get the 625 as a replacement min. till mid of the year to be changed for a 750 🙈

3. document delivery based on EU law is bad.
No documents for a lot of parts, like the new ride control. And even the dealers are not able to give you some information like motor screws torque.

Sometimes i am really pissed but overall the bike rides so well that i could not decide to give it back and i think i will keep it.

With Macig Mary 2.4 front and Big Betty 2.6 back, version trail in soft it is also a weapon in the mud.

Last edited:

Alkers

Aug 12, 2021
Dublin, Ireland
Another query, does anyone have a Garmin mount which will fit directly beside the stem? I've just spent a ball of cash on a nightriding light which uses the Garmin mount but it isn't big enough to mount beside the stem. It will mount further down the bars but because of the rake, the light is shining well off to one side...

DaveMatthews

Aug 12, 2018
Vancouver, B.C. Canada
Another query, does anyone have a Garmin mount which will fit directly beside the stem? I've just spent a ball of cash on a nightriding light which uses the Garmin mount but it isn't big enough to mount beside the stem. It will mount further down the bars but because of the rake, the light is shining well off to one side...
Like this?

Alkers

Aug 12, 2021
Dublin, Ireland
Yeah exactly but the mount I have says it is compatible with 35mm bars also but won't mount directly beside the stem as my bars are much thicker at this point

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
Its coming! Basically, xmas family stuff, the worst weather possible for filming and producing content (rain, mud, cold and generally miserable looking every day in Jan so far and dark by 3:30pm!) make it awful to actually make decent video content outside!

Sorry for the delay, we are raring to go on this one!!

Implor

Nov 8, 2021
Sweden
Its coming! Basically, xmas family stuff, the worst weather possible for filming and producing content (rain, mud, cold and generally miserable looking every day in Jan so far and dark by 3:30pm!) make it awful to actually make decent video content outside!

use those YouTube millions and get a winter place in Spain ;).

MO1

Dec 16, 2021
USA

Rob, we appreciate U!! 😁. Have you ridden anymore fantics? Im looking at the 2021 Fantic 1.7 xmf and not sure if its as weird as the 160mm that you did a video on a while back. Thanks!

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
Was going to buy an island off New Zealand, just don't know what to do with the £billions of YouTube earnings? 🤣
You know Australia is a continent and not an island ???

Robstralia does have quite a good ring to it though.

I guess the world would have to globally refer to "Aussies" as "Robies" from then on.

Last edited:

Implor

Nov 8, 2021
Sweden
Was going to buy an island off New Zealand, just don't know what to do with the £billions of YouTube earnings? 🤣
Joking aside renting a place during the worst parts of the winter might be an idea. Especially if your business can pay for it. But it needs to work for the rest of the family.

zorro77

Apr 13, 2021
Italy
2. At a backend hinge on the right side there is not enough space so parts scratch on each other. Ordered some aluminium spacers which are 0.2 mm wider to solve the problem, will see how it works. View attachment 79784

You made me remember a photo I took of Carlson's but I thought it was a pre-series so with not perfect measurements ... mine and those of friends don't have that problem 🤷‍♂️

carl.jpg

Duke

Feb 15, 2021
Germany
I think it is not the bushing, it is a bad paintjob they do (in combination with to much paint on some surfaces) so the spacers they use over the bushings are to small that the paintnoses scratch on each other. If there is to much paint in the section it fails, if not everthing is fine. But it is really bad if they noticed it at the prototype and they didn't do anythig to change it!

Last edited:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles